Harvard Economist: Immigration Costs US Workers $500 Billion A Year

I love it when the Wetbacks are beating Whitey as his own game, and whitey can't stop whining about it.

What "game" is that?

You love it when your country is being destroyed? That's why you and your ilk are traitors.
I doubt he thinks he really has a country; he's most likely one of them thar 'Global Ctiziens' that infest the college graduates these days.

This analysis doesn't take into account the long term benefits of immigration.

I doubt the guy who loses his job sees any "long term benefit" to being unemployed.
Most immigrants aren't responsible for job loss. In fact, we're lacking skilled workers for many jobs. What american worker wants to farm these days?

Farming isn't a highly skilled occupation, and the claim that we don't have enough skilled workers is always put forth by CEOs who stand to gain tremendous windfalls from cheap foreign labor.

I doubt the guy who loses his job sees any "long term benefit" to being unemployed.
Most immigrants aren't responsible for job loss. In fact, we're lacking skilled workers for many jobs. What american worker wants to farm these days?

Farming isn't a highly skilled occupation, and the claim that we don't have enough skilled workers is always put forth by CEOs who stand to gain tremendous windfalls from cheap foreign labor.
We literally don't have enough skilled workers.

We have more than enough. If we need more, then we can train more. That's what you open borders douche bags are always preaching aren't you: more training and education? What's the point of training an American to do a job if you're just going to give it to a foreigner?

We have more than enough. If we need more, then we can train more. That's what you open borders douche bags are always preaching aren't you: more training and education?
So you want a government program to train the domestic labor force?

Sure we do, and even if we didnt, THEN TRAIN THEM, dude, or you and your bidness can leave the fucking country!

The time to stop all this bullshit is way past being over.
Global economy. If you truly support capitalism, why would you be against companies hiring skilled workers?
Let some company in their own country hire them.
There's a reason they're leaving their countries you know... venezuela has plenty of companies, right? Nope.

We have more than enough. If we need more, then we can train more. That's what you open borders douche bags are always preaching aren't you: more training and education?

I want corporations to train their labor force.

Sure we do, and even if we didnt, THEN TRAIN THEM, dude, or you and your bidness can leave the fucking country!

Global economy. If you truly support capitalism, why would you be against companies hiring skilled workers?
Let some company in their own country hire them.
There's a reason they're leaving their countries you know... venezuela has plenty of companies, right? Nope.

That's not my problem. The USA isn't a jobs program for the entire world.

They don't want to do that. So what's your plan?

They don't want to do that. So what's your plan?

They will if they have to, and if they can't import cheap labor from overseas, they will have to.

Last edited:

I dont care about the global economy. I am just sick of them leeching off of the ealth this nation created over the past two centuries.

Yeah, they fucked up their country and now want to come here and fuck up ours too.

They are worse than emigrating Californians.

I don't think there are really that many farming jobs. Immigrants are seen in construction, manufacturing, groundskeeping obviously, all over.

If that were the case wages would be going up. Wages are stagnant.

It's Greedy Mr. Businessman who's hiring the illegals and lining his own pockets at the expense of American workers.

Go after him for once.

Oh, lets not let this thread slip away. No way Jose! This needs discussing lefties, or are you in to screwing over your fellow Americans-)
I linked to the Harvard professor's findings above, instead of quoting from a known propaganda piss outlet.

In his findings, he states people without high school diplomas, who are living in poverty, suffer the largest negative impact of immigration.

These are the same American born workers who have been asking for a higher minimum wage. When they do, the Right scorns them, telling them they should have not made bad choices in life.
A better solution is to deport all the cheap labor that's taking their jobs and driving their wages down.
Immigrants do a lot of jobs most Americans won't do. Every prosperous society has a large immigrant population which does the shit jobs.

And are you willing to pay more for your stuff? That's what the Right always claims when higher wages come up.

Yeah, we've heard that bullshit 1000 times already. Immigrants do a lot of jobs that Americans will do. I'm surrounded by immigrants at the job I'm on now.
You won't get an American to leave their suburban tract house, climb into their Ford Focus, and drive a hundred miles to pick lettuce for a couple weeks, and then drive two hundred miles to pick peaches for a couple weeks, and so on. Not for the wages a farmer can afford.

It's called MIGRANT labor for a reason.

That is what the guest worker program is for. We don't need illegals for those jobs!

Forum List

Back