Harvard law professor: Twitter cannot violate the First Amendment

A basic lesson about free speech from Laurence Tribe:
To begin with, the First Amendment applies to the government — not to private actors like Twitter. So, when the company adds warnings to tweets or even — going a step further for users other than Trump — removes tweets, it can’t possibly violate the First Amendment, because it simply isn’t a governmental entity. You can love or hate how Twitter is regulating its own private platform — but you can’t call it a First Amendment violation.
[/URL]
its more about free speech than the 1st amendment,, most people dont know the difference,,,

the issue with twiiter is they dont apply their rules equally and base it on political leanings favoring one side over the other,,

Which is totally their prerogative to do with their product.
not according to their contract and licensing agreement,,

To begin with, the First Amendment applies to the government — not to private actors like Twitter. So, when the company adds warnings to tweets or even — going a step further for users other than Trump — removes tweets, it can’t possibly violate the First Amendment, because it simply isn’t a governmental entity. You can love or hate how Twitter is regulating its own private platform — but you can’t call it a First Amendment violation.
[/URL]

They can ban whoever they want. I 100% agree, just as radio stations can broadcast whatever they want and should not have a so called fairness doctrine imposed on them.

Personally, I have never liked Twitter, people don’t have enough control to shut up and let things go, over the years I have seen morons post stupid crap and put their lives in turmoil over it.

Before Trump was elected I said he should get off Twitter, now Twitter has done it, they should have done it years ago and could have saved what we have gone through since the election.

So you're saying that if Trump had just stayed off Twitter....the Left would have been happy?

HUH?

The left hasn’t nor will they ever be happy, they seem to thrive on misery and being victims.

[/URL]
Yes, they have the legal right. It just shows what fascists they are.
This forum does the same. That would mean this forum is fascist, according to you. Why do you participate in what you believe is a fascist site?
no they dont so stop lying,,,
You're a moron. This site bans members and deletes posts for rules violations just as Twitter does.
yes they do,, but thats not what twitter is doing and you know it,,
Nutcase, Twitter banned Impeached Trump to prevent him from further incitement of violence.
thats not the issue,,,
and you playing word games to fit your false narrative is the same as lying,,, so stop lying,,,
That is exactly why they banned him.
liar,,, this goes far beyond just trump,,
True, it applies to all Twitter members who do what Trump did. Same as this forum.
but its only enforced against one political side,,,

but you knew that and why you lied,,
I didn't lie just because you're an ignorant buffoon. Here's Twitter banning an Antifa group because they used Twitter to incite violence...

OMG!!! they did one group,,,

what about th other hundreds if not thousands of other accounts??

[/URL]
This forum does the same. That would mean this forum is fascist, according to you. Why do you participate in what you believe is a fascist site?
You're a moron. This site bans members and deletes posts for rules violations just as Twitter does.
Nutcase, Twitter banned Impeached Trump to prevent him from further incitement of violence.
thats not the issue,,,
and you playing word games to fit your false narrative is the same as lying,,, so stop lying,,,

FOOL
hes no fool,,, hes a dishonest liar,,

he knows exactly what hes saying and that its a lie,,

Yeah, these Leftists are about as evil and twisted as it gets

Satan has em all by the ........
Nah, twisted is being stupid enough to let Impeached Trump convince you he really won the 2020 election; and evil is storming the Capitol to start a revolution because you feel robbed because you're stupid enough to be fooled by Trump.

Well....as long as you're stupid enough to believe the summers riots were 'peaceful"

Oh...and that biden or Harris couldbe "good" for America. Yeah, only a sucker would believe any of that
Dumbfuck, I never said the riots were peaceful. In fact, I condemned them. Have you always been this rightarded?

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,
True, it applies to all Twitter members who do what Trump did. Same as this forum.

I didn't lie just because you're an ignorant buffoon. Here's Twitter banning an Antifa group because they used Twitter to incite violence...

If l looked, i could find more, but I didn't need to to prove your idiotic claim that Twitter only does this to "one political side."

[/URL]

At this point i don't think it's a first amendment issue if i was a twitter stock holder i'd be suing for incompetence

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

If l looked, i could find more, but I didn't need to to prove your idiotic claim that Twitter only does this to "one political side."
you do know I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when I call you a liar dont you???

the only other option is an ignorant fool and useful idiot,,,

[/URL]
Then why haven’t you and every Marxist boot licker been banned?

Oh yea, because you’re full of shit.

sure..

wo9gb4oslba61.jpg

[/URL]
its more about free speech than the 1st amendment,, most people dont know the difference,,,

the issue with twiiter is they dont apply their rules equally and base it on political leanings favoring one side over the other,,
Says who?

[/URL]

Says who?
the facts of the case,,,

You know that Trumps tweets are part of the reason 5 people died on Capitol Hill.

And Trump was about to advocate a repeat of January 6th, on January 20th.

You know that Trumps tweets are part of the reason 5 people died on Capitol Hill.

nope,,,

Trump has been fighting each step of the elevation of Biden to the presidency. He has tweeted his followers into more and more violent protests of the election and certification proceedings.

States had to hold the electoral vote count either in an undisclosed location, or under heavy police guard in order to protect the EC from mob attack.

And we know what happened when congress attempted to count those votes on January 6th.

The only step left is to stop the inauguration on January 20th. After that, nothing can remove Biden from the presidency save death, disability or impeachment.

[/URL]
Then why haven’t you and every Marxist boot licker been banned?

Oh yea, because you’re full of shit.
"Marxist"....:heehee:

Trump has been fighting each step of the elevation of Biden to the presidency. He has tweeted his followers into more and more violent protests of the election and certification proceedings.

States had to hold the electoral vote count either in an undisclosed location, or under heavy police guard in order to protect the EC from mob attack.

And we know what happened when congress attempted to count those votes on January 6th.

The only step left is to stop the inauguration on January 20th. After that, nothing can remove Biden from the presidency save death, disability or impeachment.
OH fuck you,,
what caused that to happen was 4 yrs of whining lying and personal attacks on anyone not in the dem camp,, and then you mix that with a yr of 4 billion dollars worth of riot damage mixed with criminal lockdowns that destroyed the lives of millions of people,,,

you mother fuckers are just either to stupid or to evil to get that,,,

now go take you bullshit outrage and fuck your dog with it,,,

OH and I'm not even a trump voter or supporter and I can see it cause I dont have TDS,,,

OH fuck you,,
what caused that to happen was 4 yrs of whining lying and personal attacks on anyone not in the dem camp,, and then you mix that with a yr of 4 billion dollars worth of riot damage mixed with criminal lockdowns that destroyed the lives of millions of people,,,

OH and I'm not even a trump voter or supporter and I can see it cause I dont have TDS,,,
You seem awfully angry for somebody who didn't enter his dog in the hunt.

OH fuck you,,

You seem awfully angry for somebody who didn't enter his dog in the hunt.
of course I have a dog in this,,,

youre just mad I think you dems are far worse than the repubes and trump,,,

my statement stands,,

Forum List

Back