Harvard law professor: Twitter cannot violate the First Amendment

A poll says that 40% of people believe the 2020 election had rampant election fraud. That's from all the "alternative facts" being spread by one side.

As they say, if you repeat a lie often enough. If you get enough people to repeat that lie. Pretty soon people believe it to be the truth.
or it could be they can see the evidence and not dismiss it with dem propaganda,,,

A basic lesson about free speech from Laurence Tribe:
To begin with, the First Amendment applies to the government — not to private actors like Twitter. So, when the company adds warnings to tweets or even — going a step further for users other than Trump — removes tweets, it can’t possibly violate the First Amendment, because it simply isn’t a governmental entity. You can love or hate how Twitter is regulating its own private platform — but you can’t call it a First Amendment violation.
[/URL]
Yes, they have the legal right. It just shows what fascists they are.
This forum does the same. That would mean this forum is fascist, according to you. Why do you participate in what you believe is a fascist site?
no they dont so stop lying,,,
You're a moron. This site bans members and deletes posts for rules violations just as Twitter does.
yes they do,, but thats not what twitter is doing and you know it,,
Nutcase, Twitter banned Impeached Trump to prevent him from further incitement of violence.
thats not the issue,,,
and you playing word games to fit your false narrative is the same as lying,,, so stop lying,,,
That is exactly why they banned him.
liar,,, this goes far beyond just trump,,
True, it applies to all Twitter members who do what Trump did. Same as this forum.
but its only enforced against one political side,,,

but you knew that and why you lied,,
I didn't lie just because you're an ignorant buffoon. Here's Twitter banning an Antifa group because they used Twitter to incite violence...

OMG!!! they did one group,,,

what about th other hundreds if not thousands of other accounts??
If l looked, i could find more, but I didn't need to to prove your idiotic claim that Twitter only does this to "one political side."
you do know I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when I call you a liar dont you???

the only other option is an ignorant fool and useful idiot,,,
LOL

I'm ignorant or a liar for proving you wrong?

That's an interesting approach.

:abgg2q.jpg:
you didnt prove anything,,
LOL

You keep telling yourself that, shvantz. Whatever makes you feel better about being proven wrong.

:itsok:
you sound desperate for people to believe you,,,
Anyone with a functioning brain who reads my post will believe me. You idiotically claimed Twitter only enforces their rules "against one political side." I posted an Antifa group that was banned. That proves you wrong. It's not my problem that rendered you pouting like a 4 year old girl.
you gave me one while there are tens of thousands on the other side,,,
I only needed one to prove you wrong.

"its only enforced against one political side,,," ~ a pouting retard

No, shvantz, it's not enforced against only one political side.
Faun let's be honest, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but it's still a broken clock.

“Democrats often say that we don’t remove enough content, and Republicans often say we remove too much,” Zuckerberg said in his opening remarks. “The fact that both sides criticize us doesn’t mean that we’re getting this right, but it does mean there are real disagreements about where the limits of online speech should be.”

Something is broke and needs to get fixed. These media giants are wielding way too much power, and proved it with all the
right wing censoring prior to the election. Their is a fix, but it takes a government that isn't corrupt.
I don't think our government will fix it.
You have a fight between the truthers, and the propagandists. One side wants lies removed from the platforms, the other wants to be able to spread lies without being challenged.

One side wants "alternative facts" while the other wants only real facts. That's because the different ideologies requite different information to influence the electorate.
Wow! Spoken like a true leftwinger.
What I hear is you saying that everything from the right is "alternative facts" and the lies from the left are the "real facts".
See, here is the issue, dude...It's called freedom of speech, and YOU and your ilk don't get to decide.
Nor do I and my ilk decide. Do you not see the direction our country is going with it? It's concerning, or should be concerning to all.

Wow! Spoken like a true leftwinger.
What I hear is you saying that everything from the right is "alternative facts" and the lies from the left are the "real facts".
Not at all. I think all "facts" should be fact checked before being allowed to be repeated and amplified by social media.

Take the claim of millions of illegal aliens voting in 2016.

To begin with, the First Amendment applies to the government — not to private actors like Twitter. So, when the company adds warnings to tweets or even — going a step further for users other than Trump — removes tweets, it can’t possibly violate the First Amendment, because it simply isn’t a governmental entity. You can love or hate how Twitter is regulating its own private platform — but you can’t call it a First Amendment violation.
[/URL]
This forum does the same. That would mean this forum is fascist, according to you. Why do you participate in what you believe is a fascist site?
You're a moron. This site bans members and deletes posts for rules violations just as Twitter does.
Nutcase, Twitter banned Impeached Trump to prevent him from further incitement of violence.
thats not the issue,,,
and you playing word games to fit your false narrative is the same as lying,,, so stop lying,,,
True, it applies to all Twitter members who do what Trump did. Same as this forum.

I didn't lie just because you're an ignorant buffoon. Here's Twitter banning an Antifa group because they used Twitter to incite violence...

If l looked, i could find more, but I didn't need to to prove your idiotic claim that Twitter only does this to "one political side."
you do know I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when I call you a liar dont you???

LOL

LOL

You keep telling yourself that, shvantz. Whatever makes you feel better about being proven wrong.

Anyone with a functioning brain who reads my post will believe me. You idiotically claimed Twitter only enforces their rules "against one political side." I posted an Antifa group that was banned. That proves you wrong. It's not my problem that rendered you pouting like a 4 year old girl.
Besides, if Twitter wanted to be one-sided, it wouldn't be illegal. Private companies don't have to be "fair and balanced".
There's no law against bias in banning.
It’s not about it be legal or not. It’s about them silencing free speech and being a bunch of fascists.
[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

Besides, if Twitter wanted to be one-sided, it wouldn't be illegal. Private companies don't have to be "fair and balanced".
It’s not about it be legal or not. It’s about them silencing free speech and being a bunch of fascists.
Did you educate the Trump supporter who said in this thread that what Twitter did was "obviously illegal"? Here's the link so you can school him:
Harvard law professor: Twitter cannot violate the First Amendment | Page 10 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

Did you educate the Trump supporter who said in this thread that what Twitter did was "obviously illegal"? Here's the link so you can school him:
Harvard law professor: Twitter cannot violate the First Amendment | Page 10 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
It’s possible it could be illegal for other statues and laws on the books. There are many anti-discrimination laws for example.

[/URL]

You're missing the point of the complaints about Facebook and Twitter. Trumpsters are simply butthurt because those companies won't propagate their bullshit. The nonsense about "freedom of speech" and "section 230" is just excuse making.

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

It’s possible it could be illegal for other statues and laws on the books. There are many anti-discrimination laws for example.
Political ideology is NOT a protected class under our constitution.

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

That’s good to know. We can now hire and fire people based on their political affiliations.

Chinese “social score” here we come.

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

Protected class legislation is bullshit. It's what leads idiots to assume Twitter can't discriminate against Trumpsters.

That’s good to know. We can now hire and fire people based on their political affiliations.

The Chinese "social score" is a government imposed program. Idiots and socialists can't tell the difference between government and private enterprise. Which are you?

Last edited:
[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

Nope. You're an idiot. The Chinese "social score" crap is a government imposed program. Idiot and socialists can't tell the difference between government and private enterprise. Which are you?

Do you think the private companies and citizens are allowed to criticize Xi or their government? No, and that is also enforced by the companies themselves.

Fascism and restrictions on freedoms affect people no matter if it is the government or companies enforcing it on them. It certainly makes a fascist regime’s job easier if corporate stooges do the work for them.

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

[/URL]
thats not the issue,,,

LOL

LOL

Nope. You're an idiot. The Chinese "social score" crap is a government imposed program. Idiot and socialists can't tell the difference between government and private enterprise. Which are you?

Do you think the private companies and citizens are allowed to criticize Xi or their government? No, and that is also enforced by the companies themselves.

Fascism and restrictions on freedoms affect people no matter if it is the government or companies enforcing it on them. It certainly makes a fascist regime’s job easier if corporate stooges do the work for them.
Twitter allows anyone to criticize Obama, for instance.

Non-governmental entities can't "enforce" anything. That's the primary difference between government and private business. Conservatives and libertarians understand this. Socialists and Trumpsters do not.

[/URL]

You're missing the point of the complaints about Facebook and Twitter. Trumpsters are simply butthurt because those companies won't propagate their bullshit. The nonsense about "freedom of speech" and "section 230" is just excuse making.
Trouble is, they want it both ways. One, or the other, but not both.
Your post sounds like you don't understand, but cool lash out, bro.
I'm sure you don't mind censoring the other side....but.....

[/URL]

Trouble is, they want it both ways. One, or the other, but not both.
Your post sounds like you don't understand, but cool lash out, bro.
I'm sure you don't mind censoring the other side....but.....

I understand fine. Both sides are full of unprincipled douchebags who just want to use to use government to get one over on people they don't like.

[/URL]
its more about free speech than the 1st amendment,, most people dont know the difference,,,

the issue with twiiter is they dont apply their rules equally and base it on political leanings favoring one side over the other,,
Lol for fuck sake. You can have that opinion, but to suggest the GOVERNMENT should prohibit companies from operating in this way makes you sound like a complete dumbass.
where did I say the government should do anything???
What the fuck are you even trying to whine about in the first place? What is your point?
its right there in my comment,, not my fault you cant read simple english,,

Twitter is not just a private company, but a front end for the public Internet, which demands fair use under FCC laws.
So it is illegal for Twitter to use apply a personal political bias.

It is a private company. You can buy shares of it and everything.

Forum List

Back