Harvard Professor Jailed; Officer Is Accused of Bias

I didn't go through all 20 pages so if this is a reprint sorry.

Here is a copy of the poiice report. From this it sounds like the guy was out for a fight from the very beginning.

He admits that his house has been broken into before and instead of being greatfull for a quick response time starts bitching to the officer.

Obama should not have commented since he didnt' have all the facts. If he did maybe he would have realized that one of those oppressed minorities backed up the first officers report. Guess that latino didn't get the memmo that whitey is always wrong.

Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Police Report - July 23, 2009
There aren't 20 pages and that story differs from the police report already posted a few times on this board. In any case, it doesn't provide evidence that Gates did anything more than provoke a police officer into losing his sense of good judgment and making an unnecessary arrest.

Hot off the press...

Officer Crowley says, and I paraphrase, Fuck you. I didn't do anything wrong so I ain't apologizing for shit!

And I say good for him.

Hot off the press...

Officer Crowley says, and I paraphrase, Fuck you. I didn't do anything wrong so I ain't apologizing for shit!

And I say good for him.

does theeeese mean he will not go for "education" doyathink? oh my!:doubt:

Hot off the press...

And I say good for him.
He said that the other day. Old news. Maybe not the Fuck you part.

He won't apologize. A cop that can't handle being called names is not likely to ever admit he was wrong.

But charges were dropped. And that tells all.

Hot off the press...

And I say good for him.

does theeeese mean he will not go for "education" doyathink? oh my!:doubt:

Probably not. Especially since he's already the guy who teaches the racial sensitivity course at the Cambridge Police Department.

The Cambridge police officer did act stupidly. Regardless, I agree that Obama ought not to have cast any aspersions on the Cambridge Police Dept's conduct. I don't think it's going to cause race riots or anything that he did so.

Fine if YOU want to shoot your mouth off with an opinion even though you weren't there and don't know all the facts either, but NOT fine for the president to do. :eusa_hand:

As for causing racial tension, we'll see just how well his foolish and inflammatory remarks go over. :doubt: My husband I both looked up at each other with dropped jaws as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

Once Obama was asked the question, he was dammed if he answered it and dammed if he didn't.

I don't think saying the police acted stupidly, (which they did) is inflammatory. Especially considering what he said afterwards. Obama should remain neutral at this point, seeing as he is president.

oh give me a break. that question didn't jump out of a fucking tree like a ninja. Obama knew goddamn well who to ask with what question. If he didn't want to chime in then he didn't have to. I expected a more savvy response from him. Running to aid his friend is very bad form.

I don't think saying the police acted stupidly, (which they did) is inflammatory. Especially considering what he said afterwards. Obama should remain neutral at this point, seeing as he is president.

bullshit

out of one side of his mouth he said "I don't know the facts... then out of the biased side of his mouth he said "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." now explain to us how he could rationally follow the first statement with the second! We will wait!

bullshit

out of one side of his mouth he said "I don't know the facts... then out of the biased side of his mouth he said "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." now explain to us how he could rationally follow the first statement with the second! We will wait!
It's only inflammatory to people with agendas like yourself.

bullshit

so you cannot rationally explain how the first statement could rationally be followed by the second?? is that right? oh! and btw,, after what we saw and heard last night don't ever tell us he represents "all the people".

Last edited:

bullshit

so you cannot rationally explain how the first statement could rationally be followed by the second?? is that right? oh! and btw,, after what we saw and heard last night don't ever tell us he represents "all the people".
:chillpill:

I didn't think you could do it.. take two of those and call somebody who cares in the morning! Nice try though! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't think you could do it.. take two of those and call somebody who cares in the morning! Nice try though! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Did you read my previous comments on Obama's actions? I thought not. I criticized his actions. But keep patting yourself on the back if it makes you feel important.

bullshit

It sure as heck seemed inflamatory to me, ya want to tell me what my "agenda" is?

bullshit

It sure as heck seemed inflamatory to me, ya want to tell me what my "agenda" is?

She can't really get by with saying that.. he is the leader he has lots of influence of course his diatribe was inflamatory.

bullshit

So what has it exactly got you up in arms about? That the president pointed out that this issue shows us that despite lots of progress in racial equality there still remains work to be done?

Does it bother you he said some policemen acted stupidly? They did and we all know they do sometimes. I don't think he's risking national security by admitting our police sometimes make mistakes. This is America. We can discuss things openly.
But as I said before, I think it was imprudent of him to speak ill of a police force simply because of the stature of his position.

I wonder if Obama's inappropriate remarks may have been influenced by recent allegations by blacks that he's an Uncle Tom (following his speech to the NAACP). :eusa_think:

I wonder if Obama's inappropriate remarks may have been influenced by recent allegations by blacks that he's an Uncle Tom (following his speech to the NAACP). :eusa_think:
Are those remarks intended to be inflammatory ?:eusa_think:

Forum List

Back