Has inflation hurt your lifestyle? Under Trump, inflation would soar!

She was not in charge.........Biden was. She had no decision making capabilities. She cannot be blamed or given credit for anything.

You should know that by now.
She cast the deciding vote in the Senate for all of their massive spending bills. Kamala OWNS that!

Wages are outpacing inflation. So we're better off than we were four years ago.

Doing the math.

That means expenses are up $4,313 a year
But income is up $4,674 a year
Do the math on THIS, Postman! If the average American family just spent $44,000 more out of pocket over the past 3 1/2 years because of inflation...how many DECADES would it take for your measly $350 extra income per year to make up what they've lost?

GDP growth averaged 19.6% the last two quarters of Trump's Presidency....and inflation was 1.6%

But keep letting the lefty hacks at the NYTs tell you what to think, Simp.
LOLOLL........right after losing 20 Million Jobs.
COVID fuckup, that's what trump is......A COVID fuckup.

But GDP for the whole of 2020 was upgraded by 0.6 percentage point to show the economy contracting 2.2% amid robust performances in the third and fourth quarters.

Do the math on THIS, Postman! If the average American family just spent $44,000 more out of pocket over the past 3 1/2 years because of inflation.
I did NOT spend an additional $44,000, because of inflation, out of pocket, in the last 3.5 years.

Bullshit number.

The longshoremen's strike will have an immediate effect. Can't blame that on Trump. Talk of what might happen if Trump is elected loses all its impact when prices soar now.

She was not in charge.........Biden was. She had no decision making capabilities. She cannot be blamed or given credit for anything.

You should know that by now.
Which is why I asked when she would denounce the Quid Pro admin's decisions. I mean, if she's going to fix things and stuff.

She cast the deciding vote in the Senate for all of their massive spending bills. Kamala OWNS that!
First of all, Kamala has been the winning vote on 33 different occasions so if you are going to mention this one, you need to compare this one with the others to see if more good than bad (or vice versa) was done as people should be judged based on the overall performance and not on just one.

Having said that, the one you are referring to was not as bad as you state.

Here is the explanation:
Donald Trump
stated on September 7, 2024 in a rally in Mosinee, Wis.:
Vice President Kamala Harris “cast the tiebreaking votes that caused the worst inflation in American history, costing a typical American family $28,000.”

Fact-checking Donald Trump on the scale and causes of inflation under Biden, Harris

This is exaggerated.

The tiebreaking vote Trump referred to was on the motion to proceed to a final Senate vote on the 2021 American Rescue Plan Act, President Joe Biden’s coronavirus pandemic relief bill.

The $1.9 trillion plan, supported by only Democrats, included $1,400 direct payments to about 85% of Americans, $360 billion for state and local governments and $242 billion in expanded unemployment benefits. (Technically, in the vote on final passage, Senate Democrats had enough to approve the measure without relying on Harris as a tiebreaker, because of a Republican senator’s absence.)

As lawmakers worked on the measure, some economists, including Larry Summers, who directed the National Economic Council under former President Barack Obama, warned the bill would lead to inflation. Fiscal conservatives joined in the warning.

In retrospect, economists now widely agree that the law put too much money in Americans’ pockets when the pandemic had hampered global supply chains. This meant demand outstripped supply, leading prices to spike.

However, most economists also agree that the American Rescue Plan exacerbated inflation but was not the sole cause. The supply chain shortages, economists say, ignited the inflation increase, and Russia’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine — which prompted an oil price spike and other trade interruptions — worsened it.

Exaggeration is an extreme and as such, not worth talking about. Every person on Earth does some good things and some bad things but the total is what counts.

First of all, Kamala has been the winning vote on 33 different occasions so if you are going to mention this one, you need to compare this one with the others to see if more good than bad (or vice versa) was done as people should be judged based on the overall performance and not on just one.

Having said that, the one you are referring to was not as bad as you state.

Here is the explanation:

Exaggeration is an extreme and as such, not worth talking about. Every person on Earth does some good things and some bad things but the total is what counts.
I am judging her on overall performance, Luckyone and she's not coming out of that looking good! When you brag that you were the "last person in the room" on big decisions and you're the person who cast the deciding vote to get bills passed...you can't then turn around and claim that you're not really responsible for the bad things that have happened and you'll be an agent of change for the better if elected! That's laughable!

That's because Trump drove the economy into a recession.

Inflation always drops from a recession.
Don't read much history do you? In the recession of the Carter years inflation was double digits.

The most dishonest economists who hate Trump with a passion won't say he caused a recession even though the dishonest MSM loves to include the 2020 pandemic numbers to discredit a great Trump economy before the pandemic. Trump is no more responsible for the 2020 economy and job loss than Obama is responsible for the 2008 housing collapse recession that he inherited. Nevertheless, under Obama's eight year tenure, more families lost buying power than gained it. And his recovery from the 2008/2009 recession was one of the slowest in modern history mostly due to Obamacare and other Obama anti-business policies.

The economy grew twice as fast under the Trump pro-business economy than it did under Obama. The vast majority of jobs created under Trump were good full time jobs with benefits. Obama's job creation was more than 90% part time and temporary jobs with little or no benefits. While family buying power increased little or not at all or lost ground under Obama, family buying power increased by thousands of dollars under Trump.

Biden has benefitted from the Trump tax policies that have remained in effect throughout his presidency and Congress refused to rescind. Harris has pledged to allow them to expire next year however and that will have disastrous effect on the economy. And family income has not increased as much as the inflation that Biden exacerbated with his irresponsible spending.

Last edited:
I am judging her on overall performance, Luckyone and she's not coming out of that looking good! When you brag that you were the "last person in the room" on big decisions and you're the person who cast the deciding vote to get bills passed...you can't then turn around and claim that you're not really responsible for the bad things that have happened and you'll be an agent of change for the better if elected! That's laughable!
As I have stated repeatedly.

This is not an election about who is better but about death or survival.

I am not a fan of Harris and I don't think she is the best that the left can offer. Nonetheless, when compared to Trump, it is choosing survival over death.

It's not my number, Winco...facts hurt though...don't they?

How much did you spend?
Food, in 2020.....Let's say $500 for the month.
Food, in 2024.....Let's say $650 for the month.

That's $150 additional dollars

Gas, in 2020.....Lets say $300 for the month.
Gas, in 2020.....Let's say $400 for the month.

That's $100 additional dollars, $250 for Food and Gas.

Energy, in 2020....Let's say $150 for the month.
Energy, in 2024.....Lets say $200 for the month.

Add $50, so $300 for Food, Gas, and Energy.

Housing: No change.....I'm sure Taxes went up, so let's say $50.
Entertainment: Savings Here.....No Movies, no sporting events,
probably a savings of $100 per month.

So Housing and Entertainment: Savings of $50.

So now we subtract $50, and it's an additional $250 for the above.
Let's just double all of that so the numbers are inflated to $500.

$500 more per month, times 3.5 years =. $21,000
And that's only because I doubled it to please you.

So, in reality, over the last 3.5 years, I'd say it costs us an additional $12-15 Thousand.

Not $44,000.

Food, in 2020.....Let's say $500 for the month.
Food, in 2024.....Let's say $650 for the month.

That's $150 additional dollars

Gas, in 2020.....Lets say $300 for the month.
Gas, in 2020.....Let's say $400 for the month.

That's $100 additional dollars, $250 for Food and Gas.

Energy, in 2020....Let's say $150 for the month.
Energy, in 2024.....Lets say $200 for the month.

Add $50, so $300 for Food, Gas, and Energy.

Housing: No change.....I'm sure Taxes went up, so let's say $50.
Entertainment: Savings Here.....No Movies, no sporting events,
probably a savings of $100 per month.

So Housing and Entertainment: Savings of $50.

So now we subtract $50, and it's an additional $250 for the above.
Let's just double all of that so the numbers are inflated to $500.

$500 more per month, times 3.5 years =. $21,000
And that's only because I doubled it to please you.

So, in reality, over the last 3.5 years, I'd say it costs us an additional $12-15 Thousand.

Not $44,000.
No insurance?

You are now being ridiculous.

Why don't we start talking about how aliens are coming to take over the U.S. Such a topic makes as much sense as this ridiculous post of yours.

Do you have any common sense at all? Are you human? Who knows, you might be one of those aliens that are posing as humans.
That wont happen if we dont make them citizens and allow them to vote

As I have stated repeatedly.

This is not an election about who is better but about death or survival.

I am not a fan of Harris and I don't think she is the best that the left can offer. Nonetheless, when compared to Trump, it is choosing survival over death.
And if Kamala botches foreign policy and triggers WWIII, which is entirely possible, we really will be in danger of death.

All the Trump supporters have been using inflation as a weapon against Biden and Harris. What they would get under a Trump administration is more inflation and an spiraling down economy.

On Bloomberg TV this morning, Jay Pelonsky said the exact same thing (inflation would soar and the economy would tank if Trump wins).

Who is Jay Pelonski?

Jay Pelosky is the founder of TPW Advisory. He has over 35 years of buy-side and sell-side financial market experience. Before going independent, Jay was at Morgan Stanley, where he was ranked #1 by Institutional Investor in Global Equity Strategy and Global Asset Allocation Strategy.

Just stop.

Forum List

Back