Has the Time Come to Invade Iran ?

We don't need a full scale invasion.......................Destroy the sites via air and missile attacks and degrade their capabilities to a point that would set them back decades.........................

Get in, get out and leave before the dust settles.....................do not rebuild them..........and leave them nothing to shoot back at.........

Invasion and occupation leads to the same IED's and suicide attacks they are famous for..........No need to fight the battle on their terms.
The problem lies with finding ALL the nuclear weapon sites and destroying them. And then occupying the country (as Germany and Japan still are 70 years after World War II) - to keep them from rebuilding the nukes. Until that is done, the US cannot be secure.

The US will never be totally secure or safe. To think it is possible is delusional.

We have enemies. Putting troops on the ground increases those enemies. And we will not be able to remove all the options for nuclear weapons. There were between 80 and 100 "suitcase nukes" missing after the fall of the Soviet Union. How many of those are for sale? How many of them are owned by jihadists?

The idea that you think you can make the world safe and secure is nonsense.
Note.............I'm not calling for a full invasion...............

Of course we will never be totally secure or safe............but when you see the possibility of terrorist getting the bomb.............or a terror supporting nation getting one.........which could be the same........................you need to at least TRY to stop them......................

Looking the other way, or saying there's nothing we can do when we could possibly stop them or delay them isn't going to change the chance they may use one if they get it.................

At the same time there is never a guarantee that we can stop it forever...............

Do nothing............and a Mushroom cloud comes up...................will we say WE SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING.................but alas then it's too late.

We don't need a full scale invasion.......................Destroy the sites via air and missile attacks and degrade their capabilities to a point that would set them back decades.........................

Get in, get out and leave before the dust settles.....................do not rebuild them..........and leave them nothing to shoot back at.........

Invasion and occupation leads to the same IED's and suicide attacks they are famous for..........No need to fight the battle on their terms.
The problem lies with finding ALL the nuclear weapon sites and destroying them. And then occupying the country (as Germany and Japan still are 70 years after World War II) - to keep them from rebuilding the nukes. Until that is done, the US cannot be secure.

The US will never be totally secure or safe. To think it is possible is delusional.

We have enemies. Putting troops on the ground increases those enemies. And we will not be able to remove all the options for nuclear weapons. There were between 80 and 100 "suitcase nukes" missing after the fall of the Soviet Union. How many of those are for sale? How many of them are owned by jihadists?

Of course we will never be totally secure or safe............but when you see the possibility of terrorist getting the bomb.............or a terror supporting nation getting one.........which could be the same........................you need to at least TRY to stop them......................

Looking the other way, or saying there's nothing we can do when we could possibly stop them or delay them isn't going to change the chance they may use one if they get it.................

At the same time there is never a guarantee that we can stop it forever...............

Do nothing............and a Mushroom cloud comes up...................will we say WE SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING.................but alas then it's too late.

I am certainly not saying we should do nothing. But I think we can bomb the sites we think are providing the material support necessary to build a nuke. We can stop them without a full scale invasion.

I am certainly not saying we should do nothing. But I think we can bomb the sites we think are providing the material support necessary to build a nuke. We can stop them without a full scale invasion.

Then we are in agreement..............We don't need an invasion....................take them out from the air and missile launch sites.

I didn't say that I can make the world safe and secure 100%. That is your notion. not mine. What can be done, and should be, is to take all those steps that will maximize American safety and security.

In World War II, Roosevelt and Churchill didn't worry about increasing enemies. They saw a major threat, and went after it, whole hog. If they had laid back, they US and Britain would have been conquered. I know about the suitcase nukes, and have written about them many times. And I have asked years ago. the same question you are now asking,

So what's your solution , Neville Chamberlain ?

And how are you going to know where to bomb ? Obamans admit they don't know where all these sites are, and there could be many sub-sites that support those. I don't see this happening to any secure degree without a full occupation similar to Germany and Japan after World War II, and those occupations are still in effect, 70 years later.

Our technology is far greater than in WWII....................our military satellites are state of the art................we pretty much know where the main threats are over there.............and as for maybe sites take them out for good measure..................

Missile tech...............we can shoot a cruise missile up a camels ass at a range of a thousand miles...........no problem......................

No need for a prolonged ground engagement in Iran....................Bust their asses and leave.
You don't have a correct assessment. NO. We DON'T know where all the main threats are (satellites or no satellites)

Boots on the ground is NOT what is called for. They WANT a nuke? I say send them one right over their main city. We need to kill muslims I agree but tens of thousands at ONCE.

Then and only then will we have their attention.
signs-of-spring-19.jpg

oct05_theaters2_img.gif

View attachment 39351
LOL

It's hard typing this message while hiding under the blanket peeking through the cracks seeing if it's typing correctly.....................Lion's, Tiger's, and Bears...................

Back to the Op you Radical Islam Apologist...................Iran openly supports Terrorism.............has helped kill our people..............Chants Death to America all the time...............

Makes them my enemy................So Fuck them..................I don't agree with a Full Invasion, but do agree with a massive launch to destroy the sites...............and their military if necessary............and/or their whole damned infrastructure................if necessary..................

Oh wait a minute.........it will make them hate us................oops they already do.......................

They keep asking for a fight.............one day we'll show up and say here we are.........Get you some MF'rs............

Have a nice day.

I didn't say that I can make the world safe and secure 100%. That is your notion. not mine. What can be done, and should be, is to take all those steps that will maximize American safety and security.

In World War II, Roosevelt and Churchill didn't worry about increasing enemies. They saw a major threat, and went after it, whole hog. If they had laid back, they US and Britain would have been conquered. I know about the suitcase nukes, and have written about them many times. And I have asked years ago. the same question you are now asking,

So what's your solution , Neville Chamberlain ?

I didn't say we do nothing. I did say it is an international problem. And it is time we let other nations step up and solve some of these problems. We aren't taking care of the veterans we have coming home now, and you want to start another war??

22 young American veterans commit suicide every day. We are not taking care of those brave souls we sent to the last war, and we haven't paid for that war yet. And you want to go "whole hog" with boots on the ground searching under every rock in Iran, whether we can afford it or whether or young soldiers survive it or not? No. Time for the war-mongers like you to be ignored.

View attachment 39351
LOL

It's hard typing this message while hiding under the blanket peeking through the cracks seeing if it's typing correctly.....................Lion's, Tiger's, and Bears...................

Back to the Op you Radical Islam Apologist...................Iran openly supports Terrorism.............has helped kill our people..............Chants Death to America all the time...............

Makes them my enemy................So Fuck them..................I don't agree with a Full Invasion, but do agree with a massive launch to destroy the sites...............and their military if necessary............and/or their whole damned infrastructure................if necessary..................

Oh wait a minute.........it will make them hate us................oops they already do.......................

They keep asking for a fight.............one day we'll show up and say here we are.........Get you some MF'rs............

Have a nice day.
Are_c465a1_328638.jpg

View attachment 39351
LOL

Have a nice day.
View attachment 39355
Do you work at a Nuclear site in Iran...................................

If you do then, yes......................If I was in control today.............they would be a stinking pile of rubble.

Clear it up for you.

View attachment 39351
LOL

Have a nice day.
View attachment 39355
Do you work at a Nuclear site in Iran...................................

If you do then, yes......................If I was in control today.............they would be a stinking pile of rubble.

Clear it up for you.
1386654246685.jpg

Is it possible that Obama's avoidance of war (at any cost) is just a repeat of Neville Chamberlain and Hitler in the 1930s ? Is our peaceful approach nothing but just what Iran needs to build up and become another Hitler war machine, only with a nuclear component ?
:haha:
Better check under the bed, the Persians may have already hidden a nuke under there.

Is it possible that Obama's avoidance of war (at any cost) is just a repeat of Neville Chamberlain and Hitler in the 1930s ? Is our peaceful approach nothing but just what Iran needs to build up and become another Hitler war machine, only with a nuclear component ?
:haha:
Better check under the bed, the Persians may have already hidden a nuke under there.

Protectionist is a very frustrated man. He is quick to suggest violent answers, but they always involve someone else being in danger.

It is being said that the talking with Iran has made the world LESS safe. It's being said that the meetings have produced nothing at all for all the countries threatened by Iran. Everything has been in Iran's favor, and their chief negotiator is being hailed in Iran as a hero.

What has been accomplished ? Has any centrifuges been shut down ? Any Uranium, or Plutonium been confiscated ? have the many long-range missles been destroyed ? Have all the locations of weapons development been located ? Has Iran renounced their calls (as late as 2 weeks ago) of "Death to America" ? Or to wipe Israel of the face of the earth ? Has any of Iran's military imperialism been reduced (it's been increased).

The talks are a joke. The Iranians are continuing development of their nuclear arms, and there long range missle can travel 1200 miles (Israel is 900 miles from Iran)

Is it possible that the thing to do now is invade Iran with a coalition of threatened countries ? Enter with hundreds of thousands of troops ? Fight the Iranians,and ultimately surround Tehran much like US troops did to Mexico City in 1846. Then interrogate the Iranians to get as much information as possible. Search every square yard of the country for nuclear weapon development, and destroy every bit of it.

Then it would be necessary to keep US troops there for years into the future, like troops are still in Korea Japan and Germany.

You go first.

Forum List

Back