Haters of America rescue Ann Curry

Scout Oath

On my honor I will do my best
to do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
to help other people at all times;
to keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight

The scouts never had an outright prohibition against homosexuality. What they had was an outdated interpretation of what "morally straight" is

In 2014 to declare that homosexuals are not moral because of their sexuality is a poor lesson to be teaching young men

Scout Oath

The scouts never had an outright prohibition against homosexuality. What they had was an outdated interpretation of what "morally straight" is

In 2014 to declare that homosexuals are not moral because of their sexuality is a poor lesson to be teaching young men

They never needed it prior to the gay rights movement, but the concept was always there. Again, progressive views on the correctness of open homosexuality in society changed, not the organization in questions view on it.

Scout Oath

They never needed it prior to the gay rights movement, but the concept was always there. Again, progressive views on the correctness of open homosexuality in society changed, not the organization in questions view on it.

It is now 2014

We have moved past the dated notion that somehow homosexuals are immoral. The scouts are just catching up

Scout Oath

It is now 2014

We have moved past the dated notion that somehow homosexuals are immoral. The scouts are just catching up

YOU have moved past it. Plenty of others, backed by their religious texts, beg to differ.

Black Churchgoers may TOLERATE homosexuals, but do you really think they do not consider homosexual acts immoral?

It is now 2014

YOU have moved past it. Plenty of others, backed by their religious texts, beg to differ.

Black Churchgoers may TOLERATE homosexuals, but do you really think they do not consider homosexual acts immoral?

There was also a time when BSA insisted on segregated troops

Didn't make it right

It is now 2014

There was also a time when BSA insisted on segregated troops

Didn't make it right

During the 20's, when most of the country was segregated, either de jure, or de facto. And this still ignores the fact that no major religion endorses racism, but the major religions do condemn homosexuality.

Plus, black troops did exist. Also I'm sure gay people can form their own counter organization to scouting if they felt like doing so.

The Boy Scouts have always had a Religious component to them, it isn't a new invention.
Once again, Joe exposes his rank ignorance and knee-jerk religious bigotry for all to see.

Whatta maroon! :rofl:

No, you see, the real problem was that the Mormon Church infiltrated the BSA.

But that's okay, the GOP let the Mormon Cult hijack their nomination process, and we all see how well that turned out for you, right?
Josh! I never knew that the dirty little grey man Harry Reid is a REP.

Enough already...

The BSA stand on homosexuality is a done deal. They now openly accept homosexual boys

Why must we trash a thread about a good deed these boys did in rescuing a hiker?

Enough already...

The BSA stand on homosexuality is a done deal. They now openly accept homosexual boys

Why must we trash a thread about a good deed these boys did in rescuing a hiker?

so basically you are losing the argument, and are running away like a scared 2 year old.

What is the Girl Scouts official position regarding having cute little lesbian girlies taking part in 'sleep-over' camping trips?
Imagine those rushing 'hormones'.
"Hi mommy. This is Ellan. She's in Girl Scouts too. She's my new bestest friend. Is it OK if she stays over night?". LOL

Enough already...

so basically you are losing the argument, and are running away like a scared 2 year old.

No, I am returning the thread to its proper purpose which is to congratulate a group of boys for a job well done

Great Job Troop 368

:clap2:

Great work by these young men. They should be proud

boy-scout-troop-368.jpg

The Boy Scouts have always had a Religious component to them, it isn't a new invention.

NO, but the whacky homophobia was something new.

Actually no. Current progressive culture has become accepting of homosexuality, but the Boy Scouts position on it hasn't changed.

Its OK if you support something, just don't make up crap about the other side all of a sudden changing its position when its other people who have changed their minds.

On the contrary, it has changed.

Boy Scouts of America open door to gay scouts with new policy* - NY Daily News

Enough already...

Running away from what arguement? The boys in that troop did exactly what their training was for. And demonstrated the worth of the BSA training. That the BSA evolves with society is nothing new. There are merit badges for technologies that did not exist in 1910. Scouting is a good organization for all young men and women. It has excellent training and teaches independence and accountability. As for the 'ban' on agnostics and athiests, it exists on paper only any more. I know many Scout leaders that are one or the other. The religious componenet of Scouting is the recognition of a higher morality than personal desiers. I guess that leaves out all of the Ayn Rand disciples.:lol:

Enough already...

Running away from what arguement? The boys in that troop did exactly what their training was for. And demonstrated the worth of the BSA training. That the BSA evolves with society is nothing new. There are merit badges for technologies that did not exist in 1910. Scouting is a good organization for all young men and women. It has excellent training and teaches independence and accountability. As for the 'ban' on agnostics and athiests, it exists on paper only any more. I know many Scout leaders that are one or the other. The religious componenet of Scouting is the recognition of a higher morality than personal desiers. I guess that leaves out all of the Ayn Rand disciples.:lol:

I am not willing to turn a thread about a great bunch of boys who went out of their way to rescue a hiker into another hatefest of homosexuals

Scouts teach great values and provides life experiences to boys who may not otherwise have access to them. These boys were on a training hike for Philmont which is very physically demanding. They interupted their hike to help this woman. They did not know she was famous, only that she needed help

NO, but the whacky homophobia was something new.

Actually no. Current progressive culture has become accepting of homosexuality, but the Boy Scouts position on it hasn't changed.

Its OK if you support something, just don't make up crap about the other side all of a sudden changing its position when its other people who have changed their minds.

On the contrary, it has changed.

Boy Scouts of America open door to gay scouts with new policy* - NY Daily News

Yes, but the overall view on homosexual acts being immoral has not, as per their not lifting the ban on adult leadership being openly gay.

Enough already...

Regardless of what the post devolved into, he made some points, I countered them, then he went running away with his tail between his legs.

Enough already...

No, I am returning the thread to its proper purpose which is to congratulate a group of boys for a job well done

Great Job Troop 368

:clap2:

Even though you were involved with discussing other issues involving it:

Stop acting like you are somehow above the fray of the political aspect of this discussion.

Forum List

Back