Have Blacks Given Up on the Nuclear Family?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Although over 70% of Black children in the U.S. are born out of wedlock and grow up with no father in the household, there is a deafening silence regarding any remedy to this destructive situation. Instead, it seems like Obama's "social justice" agenda is to accept this as a permanent norm and replace absent fathers with an Uncle Sam to take care of the family. Are men good for nothing more than stud service in the Black community?

Although over 70% of Black children in the U.S. are born out of wedlock and grow up with no father in the household, there is a deafening silence regarding any remedy to this destructive situation. Instead, it seems like Obama's "social justice" agenda is to accept this as a permanent norm and replace absent fathers with an Uncle Sam to take care of the family. Are men good for nothing more than stud service in the Black community?

I would love to see a man in the street interview asking blacks this question.... :tongue:

worry,worry,thats all you crackers can do is fuggin worry.Mind your own business,whats the condition of the Black family have to do you. Answer that question

I'm black and most of my family (on both sides) is monogamous. My parents have been married for 25 years and had me and my brother within wedlock.

Go suck it.

BTW Why have white people given up on marriage? Why are most divorcees white?

Given your question, black people couldn't have made the rate of successful marriage into a coin toss. :eusa_whistle:

Obamas "agenda seems this way" or you know this to be a documented fact?

Just because a child is born out of wedlock doesn't mean that they have no father in the house or that they will grow up without a father or that mom and dad will not at some point marry. It just meant that at the time of the child's birth, the mother and father were not married.
Sometimes I wonder would it be better for a child to have a mother and father that live in different homes from the beginning or for the child to grow to age 10 or so with a married mother and father and then have to live through a divorce. God forbid the divorce be an ugly one.

The Democrat Party run Federal Government has replaced the male head of household in the black family. Daniel Moniyhan warned how dangerous this was and starting with LBJ, the Democrat party has done everything in its power to make this happen.

Last edited:
Out-of-wedlock births hit record high - CNN.com

Henry's experience also echoes what Paula England, a Stanford University sociology professor, learned when she co-edited "Unmarried Couples with Children," which was published in 2007. That book traced for four years 50 unmarried couples, the majority of them black or Latino, that had babies in 2000, and the findings shot down some of her predictions.

England assumed many of the fathers would have high-tailed it out of the picture by the sixth month of pregnancy, leaving single mothers "truly single," the sociologist said. Instead, she found that in 80 percent of the non-marital births, parents stayed romantically involved and in 50 percent of the cases they were living together.

I'm black and most of my family (on both sides) is monogamous. My parents have been married for 25 years and had me and my brother within wedlock.

Go suck it.

Given your question, black people couldn't have made the rate of successful marriage into a coin toss. :eusa_whistle:

Do you have any kids?

The reason we're concerned see, is the kids. We have to protect the children. And you know that justifies any coercive action we might have to take on non-children. You do agree, right? Or are you a child hater?

Just because a child is born out of wedlock doesn't mean that they have no father in the house or that they will grow up without a father or that mom and dad will not at some point marry. It just meant that at the time of the child's birth, the mother and father were not married.
Sometimes I wonder would it be better for a child to have a mother and father that live in different homes from the beginning or for the child to grow to age 10 or so with a married mother and father and then have to live through a divorce. God forbid the divorce be an ugly one.

I think what's being talked about here is whether blacks, in general, have given up on what has traditionally been the basic building block of society, the nuclear family. It is this first small group of people that society uses to build more complex social interactions and dependencies. If we have one segment of society, that has said, "Nah, you know what, I'm never doin' that marriage BS," then that creates an issue that will ripple through the entire social fabric.

Yes, there is a divorce problem, but most people at least aspire to the ideal of the nuclear family even if it is not always attainable for them. Not even aspiring to that is a fundamental problem because of the likelihood of poverty, abuse, lack of supervision leading to being poor students, delinquency etc. Which, in the end, leads to having a permanent underclass which nobody wants.

Go suck it.

I'm married and still in love with my first wife. I've only been married once, but I call her my first wife to keep her on her toes.

Kidding.

Your parents are a class act.

It's an epidemic in the black community and it's destroying their community and future of their children! The solution will never happen, because no politician with the ballz to admit the problems will make it into office!

It's spreading into the white and latino communities also!

worry,worry,thats all you crackers can do is fuggin worry.Mind your own business,whats the condition of the Black family have to do you. Answer that question

Fine we will do that when we don't:
(1) Fund black childrens education (Education is primarily paid by property taxes and in the inner city the vast majority of blacks are renters)
(2) Don't use our tax dollars in welfare, food stamps, section 8 or medicaid! Per capitia Blacks are over-represented in all these programs.
(3) Stop making it necessary to spend so many tax dollars on police to deal with the most crime ridden parts of the country.
(4) Stop over-flowing our prisons with inmates.
(5) Stop being over-represented in theft, carjacking, armed robbery, assault, battery, rape and homicide!

Once the black community does all this we won't care what you do! :cuckoo:

Go suck it.

It's an issue for all the races. Latino, Asian, White and Black, but 70% is an epidemic! Ignore it by pointing out isolated examples of success if you choose, but the Gen X, Y & Z black community is going down the drain!

It is an issue that must be resolved within the black community. Like all communities, social pressure must be used to reward good behavior and punish bad behavior. Black males must be pressured by their community to take care of their families. A black male who is not responsible to his family should not be accepted by his own family, his peers and the people around him

It is an issue that must be resolved within the black community. Like all communities, social pressure must be used to reward good behavior and punish bad behavior. Black males must be pressured by their community to take care of their families. A black male who is not responsible to his family should not be accepted by his own family, his peers and the people around him
When most of his brothers, uncles, cousins, and friends, are all basically doing the same thing.

Exactly who in the african american community is going to pressure the black men to change their behavior??

I would love to see a man in the street interview asking blacks this question.... :tongue:

You don't need to go in the street & ask them. They will gladly tell you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcjc2kdxM8M"]Black American Women LOVE being BABY MOMMAS[/ame]

Forum List

Back