Have you grasped the hidden message behind McCains choices to speak at his funeral?

Sorry I respect McCain for his service, but the fact that he planed his own memorial services to such an over the top degree comes across as hubris.

It is clear to me that he wanted to send a message of unity and bipartisanship. A last shot at the hardcore partisanship that often cripples our nation.
A noble effort but as you all know it will fall on deaf ears as shown by this very forum.
Farewell to a man who served his nation with honor and the utmost integrity.

Look Gramp,
McCain was about ONE THING in his life. He just wanted to live up to his father's expectations to walk in his footsteps. When he saw he didn't merit being an Admiral, he left the military for politics. His sole aim was to be "messiah" to the White House as the presidency was to politics what being Admiral was to the Navy. McCain was an idealist. A dreamer. He dreamed of doing what no other president has done for his own ego gratification. He dreamed his way right out of even being a good senator and failed at everything else. The only good thing about McCain is that along the way to trying to assuage his guilt at letting his father down, he did a few good things for the country in the process.

It is clear to me that he wanted to send a message of unity and bipartisanship. A last shot at the hardcore partisanship that often cripples our nation.

A noble effort but as you all know it will fall on deaf ears as shown by this very forum.

Well said. He is a vanishing breed. I was listening to some of the speeches at his funeral. Mitch McConnel ... don't like him...but, after listening to him, he was choking back tears...I have a new found respect.

I think we are in for worse times. The Democrats seem to be having their Tea Party moment, with a shift sharply left. Will bipartisan become a 4 letter word?

Unity, decency and collaboration are signs of weakness!

:spinner:

You're being sarcastic, Mac, but when the other side has no interest WHATSOEVER in unity and decency and only exploits you to further their own agenda against your party, you end up being right!

No interest? Or, are you just unwilling to see where it might exist and reach for it? The problem is - unity and decency DOESN'T mean - "I'm the winner, it all goes my way" - it means "where can we find some common ground to build on"?

The fact that they passed a few bills along bipartisanlines shows that it's possible. Do you blame only one side? Takes two. And it takes compromise - another new 4 letter words in politics.

And again I'm going to repeat what those of us WHO knew what McCain was really like...

Dignity"? "Honor"?

Here is what Ross Perot thought of McCain...
Carol McCain John McCain's first wife
She was the woman McCain dreamed of during his long incarceration and torture in Vietnam’s infamous ‘Hanoi Hilton’ prison and the woman who faithfully stayed at home looking after the children and waiting anxiously for news.

But when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969.
Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.
She told The Mail on Sunday how McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 18 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later.
he says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce. ‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

But Ross Perot, who paid McCain's ex first wife's medical bills all those years ago, now believes the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel – even by the standards of modern politics.
"McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’ he said.
After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’
The wife John McCain callously left behind | Daily Mail Online

Utter contempt for McCain and his MSM pandering exemplified by his 2004 birthday party HE threw for himself.
He gathered at a restaurant uptown with some of the biggest stars in journalism to celebrate his birthday.
Among those mingling over cocktails and fine French food with Mr. McCain and his wife, Cindy, were Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Bob Schieffer, Maureen Dowd, Tim Russert
Guests at McCain's 2004 Birthday Party: Brokaw, Jennings, Schieffer, Dowd & Russert

So of course the BIASED MSM wanted McCain to be president! Encouraged him to do so!
And McCain being the egomaniac that he was BELIEVED the MSM had his BACK! No wonder McCain was so gullible after all he graduated NEARLY LAST in his class!

McCain was a blown up MSM Dodo bird. Designed by the MSM to run the worst candidate against Obama... the puffed McCain and then BAM when nominated totally turned the guns on him favoring Obama. BUT as McCain was wont to do... HE NEVER SAW IT COMING! He was so full of himself he totally defended the MSM!

No... I'm sorry I turned my back on the McCain funeral this morning. Shutting off any intrusion by this egotistical, truly naive and frankly ignorant son of the real hero...his DAD!
Maybe I can feel some remorse that McCain's efforts were to come out of the shadow of his Dad... but it made things worse.

We really need to get rid of all the partisan BS and realize all the politicians are hosing us. Just look at the debt!

Trust me, that entire ceremony is PURE Parisianship and all a PURE attack on Trump.

You are not that naive, are you?

Even that daughter of his could not keep politics out of this.

McCain was a partisan hack at the end. Desperately did not want all the truth about his deals coming out. Starting with his father covering up his role with the USS Forrestal disaster. Yeah, that investigation has been kept Classified for some ODD reason. Geee, I wonder why. Blackmail is how Washington works.

Oh and btw. Partisanship is how our system works. We are supposed to have an opposition party. We have not had one of those in God knows how long.

Anyone screaming bipartisanship is just trying to destroy America. Its bullshit.

EXCEPT when it comes time for funerals. If you think that was supposed to be bipartisan event, then you are kidding yourself.

Why wasn't Palin invited? Your turn.

You're being sarcastic, Mac, but when the other side has no interest WHATSOEVER in unity and decency and only exploits you to further their own agenda against your party, you end up being right!

The problem is - unity and decency DOESN'T mean - "I'm the winner, it all goes my way" - it means "where can we find some common ground to build on"?

Thanks for pointing out once again that the Left are never interested in finding common ground to build on. Show me where it was during Obamacare? Sanctuary cities? The wall. Bringing back coal jobs? It always comes from the Right, or at least a RINO. When you are already half way to being a democrat, it really isn't much of a hard stretch to find common ground and unity. That was McCain.

Trust me, that entire ceremony is PURE Parisianship and all a PURE attack on Trump.

McCain was a partisan hack at the end. Desperately did not want all the truth about his deals coming out. Starting with his father covering up his role with the USS Forrestal disaster. Yeah, that investigation has been kept Classified for some ODD reason. Geee, I wonder why. Blackmail is how Washington works.

Oh and btw. Partisanship is how our system works. We are supposed to have an opposition party. We have not had one of those in God knows how long.

Anyone screaming bipartisanship is just trying to destroy America. Its bullshit.

EXCEPT when it comes time for funerals. If you think that was supposed to be bipartisan event, then you are kidding yourself.

Bipartisanship to democrats is people caving to them. Liberals never compromise themselves.

The problem is - unity and decency DOESN'T mean - "I'm the winner, it all goes my way" - it means "where can we find some common ground to build on"?

Thanks for pointing out once again that the Left are never interested in finding common ground to build on. Show me where it was during Obamacare? Sanctuary cities? The wall. Bringing back coal jobs? It always comes from the Right, or at least a RINO. When you are already half way to being a democrat, it really isn't much of a hard stretch to find common ground and unity. That was McCain.
In the real world (as opposed to online), it's the responsibility of both parties in any relationship to keep the lines of adult communication open, even if it means being the first to do whatever it takes.

Waiting for the other side to grow up just makes both sides act like children.

The "attacks" from the family are self induced by Trump. He attacked McCain on several fronts. The family is enduring grief and lashing back at him. Can you blame them? And if you remember Megan McCain has defended Trumps policies on MANY occasions.

No interest? Or, are you just unwilling to see where it might exist and reach for it? The problem is - unity and decency DOESN'T mean - "I'm the winner, it all goes my way" - it means "where can we find some common ground to build on"?

The fact that they passed a few bills along bipartisanlines shows that it's possible. Do you blame only one side? Takes two. And it takes compromise - another new 4 letter words in politics.

Now that McCain is gone, who's going to stand between the "my way or the Highway" blockheads to get things done?

I doubt McCain spent much time worrying about the guest list to his funeral.

I have lost a parent to cancer, and the guest list was up to us kids.

people are selfish and will always do what's best for them
the senators will do what they think is best for their states/etc
...black senators do what's best for blacks--even if it goes against commons sense--such as restricting police
hispanic for hsipanics
whites for.......??? ........Americans?
senators from farming states will always vote for farmers
etc

Forum List

Back