Have you noticed how republicans and Fox News talk a lot about veterans getting the shaft yet...

Well. Trump is cleaning up the VA. They can fire incompetent f*cks now.

Give me some examples, please.
Oh and, if you don't mind, let me know if you're a disabled vet or if you have disabled vets in your family or group of friends who are disabled vets.
I'd like to know in order to determine if you're speaking from direct or even secondhand experience, as I am.

Yeah and Hillary called over half the military deplorable, and liberals supported it. Shows what you think of them. Didn't Obama want them to pay for their own insurance after they got home from war?

Stop lying.
Nowhere did she refer to military or veterans as deplorable, and the whole "deplorable" smear pales next to things Republicans have DONE to both.
Did Obama want vets to pay for their own insurance after they got home?
You sir, clearly do not have any vets in your family, or veteran friends.
The proposal was supposed to save the federal government an estimated $540 million per year by billing veterans’ private insurance companies for the treatment of their combat injuries and other service-related health problems.
(Currently only non-service-related medical treatments are so billed.) The proposal would not have, as was often misreported, forced veterans to pay for the treatment of their injuries out of their own pockets or required them to buy private insurance.
And it was dropped within 36 hours, especially after IAVA spox Paul Rieckhoff specifically said, "The President needs to drop this. We don’t understand why he’s picking this fight.”

Compare that to Trump's plan to PRIVATIZE (and even VOUCHERIZE) the ENTIRE VA HEALTH CARE SYSTEM:
Trump’s plan to privatize the VA will hurt vets

Let me know when you figure out how the private sector can profit off 90% of the medical needs faced by disabled veterans.
The same way Obama care was gonna save families $2500 a year?

Too bad that didn't come true but what IS going to come true:

Mortgage interest deduction - GONE
Student loan interest deduction - GONE
Medical expense deduction - GONE (including catastrophic expenses)
State and local tax deduction - GONE
And - - the POS piddling tax cut some will receive will disappear in five years.
Gary Cohn apparently doesn’t know what things cost
And - - Medicare/Social Security - GONE ASAP, soon as Paul Ryan can shove it through.
Don't you support everyone paying their fair share?

Is that what you call fair?
?

i delivered mail for years to a veterans assist center.....the majority of those guys as well as the ones i worked with were not impressed with any of the administrations.....like i said they said,during election time they were very concerned about them,afterwards....just talk.....

What is a "veterans assist center", is it a VA Clinic or a VA Hospital, a group home?
a place that helps vets who need help or a place to stay its more like a group home,it was a big 2 story house.....i got to know a few guys who helped run it and they did all the maintenance like cutting grass stuff like that...

...they don’t actually come up with any policy ideas to help them? Hell, Republicans in Congress have cut food stamps which is a program that benefits a lot of veterans. It’s just easier for outlets like Fox to pretend they give a shit about veterans so their dumbass viewers will be blind to the fact that nothing for veterans is actually done to help them by republicans.

Oh, and democrats like Bernie have done a lot for veterans in comparison.

Senator, soon to be former Senator Al Franken has done more for veterans than the entire GOP.

Senator Franken's fight for vets with PTSD - CNN Video

when i worked in the PO a good 30% of the work force is veterans from WW2 up to Iraq and Afghanistan....just about every one of these people said that EVERY administration republican and democrat only talked about them at election time.....any other time they were invisible....especially the ones coming home from a conflict....you party people are as gullible as they want you to be....

Google the Holman Rule and Rep. H. Morgan Griffith (R-Va.) to see what's going to happen to post office workers next.

I'm a veteran (1975-1977) Democrats were very giving, Republicans were busy cleaning up after Nixon.
there were a few who agreed with you but they were die hard democrats too...the great majority felt both parties only care at election time.....and the Holman rule is specifically targeting those who are on the federal payroll but spend the great majority of their time doing union business instead of the job they were hired to do....

No. House resolution 5 enacted on January 3, 2017 targets individual workers to reduce their salary.

I am against ANY government action that would reduce the amount of monies paid to working class Americans.

Republicans and Fox News lie a lot about veterans getting the shaft, when in fact no one is purposely trying to disadvantage veterans.

Veterans are collateral damage?

Really, we're getting a raise for the first time in several years. Now that the dear leader is gone things are starting to look up.

Yes, America is recovering from the BushCo caused 2008 economic meltdown.

Point. You stated 'several years', that would mean you had a raise during the Obama administration?

Yeah, I think one time, 1%, yippee.

You mean the working class isn't making enough monies?

when i worked in the PO a good 30% of the work force is veterans from WW2 up to Iraq and Afghanistan....just about every one of these people said that EVERY administration republican and democrat only talked about them at election time.....any other time they were invisible....especially the ones coming home from a conflict....you party people are as gullible as they want you to be....

Google the Holman Rule and Rep. H. Morgan Griffith (R-Va.) to see what's going to happen to post office workers next.

I'm a veteran (1975-1977) Democrats were very giving, Republicans were busy cleaning up after Nixon.
there were a few who agreed with you but they were die hard democrats too...the great majority felt both parties only care at election time.....and the Holman rule is specifically targeting those who are on the federal payroll but spend the great majority of their time doing union business instead of the job they were hired to do....

No. House resolution 5 enacted on January 3, 2017 targets individual workers to reduce their salary.

I am against ANY government action that would reduce the amount of monies paid to working class Americans.
it targets the people i described according to what i read here....

Use Holman Rule on federal employees that work full-time for union

Wrong, It targets EVERY federal employee at the whim of Republicans.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

yea like thats going to happen....read why they are bringing it up....and you are the one that told me postal workers are going to be targeted....dont hold your breath....

Republicans and Fox News lie a lot about veterans getting the shaft, when in fact no one is purposely trying to disadvantage veterans.

Really, we're getting a raise for the first time in several years. Now that the dear leader is gone things are starting to look up.

Point. You stated 'several years', that would mean you had a raise during the Obama administration?

I'm retired, I don't do working class any more.

yea like thats going to happen....read why they are bringing it up....and you are the one that told me postal workers are going to be targeted....dont hold your breath....

Unfortunately for working class Americans I've been right so far.

i seriously doubt if they would target every federal worker to make a buck an hour....what a cluster fuck that would be....

I'm retired, I don't do working class any more.

I hope you can afford to stay retired.

i seriously doubt if they would target every federal worker to make a buck an hour....what a cluster fuck that would be....

With the exception of Daddy Bush, Republican administrations ARE cluster fucks for the working class.

With the exception of Daddy Bush, Republican administrations ARE cluster fucks for the working class.
as someone who delivered mail to a variety of wealthy people,many said their business suffered under obama but did well under bush and vice versa....it depended on the type of business....and i had a lot of engineers who did well under bush but lost their jobs under obama....as far as working class during the end of bush's time and obamas first term the number of unemployment checks we delivered was the most i have ever seen.....

as someone who delivered mail to a variety of wealthy people,many said their business suffered under obama but did well under bush and vice versa....it depended on the type of business....and i had a lot of engineers who did well under bush but lost their jobs under obama....as far as working class during the end of bush's time and obamas first term the number of unemployment checks we delivered was the most i have ever seen.....

Business suffered, employees didn't do well, and unemployment went up due to the worst economic crash in history brought by BushCo.

Forum List

Back