Hawaii is begging for teachers.

Unemployed People, Hawaii Is Literally Begging You To Go Work There

It's not that expensive to live there either. What costs is gas...so ride a moped....foods that have to be shipped over there so buy locally grown and hawaiian brands.

Wish I were younger. I would be there in a heartbeat.
Too bad....I don't advise anyone to go into teaching....you'll just get shit on.

Only if you're in the inner cities. Here in Nevada (other than a few very bad schools) the teachers are treated very well.

It's not that expensive to live there either. What costs is gas...so ride a moped....foods that have to be shipped over there so buy locally grown and hawaiian brands.

Too bad....I don't advise anyone to go into teaching....you'll just get shit on.

Only if you're in the inner cities. Here in Nevada (other than a few very bad schools) the teachers are treated very well.
Doubt that....having been to some of the schools in Nevada with the metal detectors.....

Let the Con-servatives become teachers...they're always bitching about too many liberals in the schools anyways.

Doubt that....having been to some of the schools in Nevada with the metal detectors.....

Let the Con-servatives become teachers...they're always bitching about too many liberals in the schools anyways.

That in fact would be awesome if we could be rid of most of the liberal mind trainer and replaced with conservative teachers that would actually teach real world education.

"Living (in Hawaii) isn't that expensive" if you don't own a car, are willing to live on locally grown veggies, don't smoke and don't drink anything but papaya juice and are willing to live in a in an insect infested shack on a lava flow. The standard teaching salary on the mainland U.S. might be a comfortable life but not in Hawaii.

There are apartments less than 2k per month. I know, cuz I looked. For years. And dreamed. But...I wound up with dogs and shipping dogs is a pita.

Dems own our education. We have college students who cannot answer even basic questions. And the Dems want us to pay the college tuition of young morons!

Only if you're in the inner cities. ....

Teaching where you are needed is always worthwhile.

"Living (in Hawaii) isn't that expensive" if you don't own a car, are willing to live on locally grown veggies, don't smoke and don't drink anything but papaya juice and are willing to live in a in an insect infested shack on a lava flow. The standard teaching salary on the mainland U.S. might be a comfortable life but not in Hawaii.
I lived there for a short time. I loved it.

Only thing to really watch out for are those nasty centipedes. Them things HURT. And ugly? omg

It's the same price as where we just moved from. Yes, it can be expensive, but when you are in your late 20's, early 30's...who cares????
Like I said..if I were younger, and didn't have pets...I would go in a heartbeat.

Teaching isn't an easy job. Even teaching at upscale private school can be stressful. People don't discipline their kids anymore and their bad behavior is transferred at school.

Then the parents themselves are a bunch of complainers.

I love teaching but it is stressful. Administration loves dumping paper work on us, kids misbehave and parents think their kids are the next Newton or Einstein.

Not everyone can be a teacher. I work with teachers that have been teaching 15+ years and they are awful at teaching and hate children.

I wouldn't advise people to jump into teaching because they are unemployed. You should be teaching because you like it, not because you need a job.

Forum List

Back