Hawking says physics proves there is no time for "Gawd".

You may have a point as according to the bible day and night have nothing to do with the rotation of the Earth or the sun. Day and night were created on the first day and the sun on the 4th. The sun has nothing to do with light and darkness or day and night. :cuckoo:

Gen 1: 3* ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4* And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

How many hours comprised the evening and morning?
Since the evening and the morning has nothing to do with the sun, wouldn't that mean they were the same as today???

The evening and the morning is not related to the sun now?

Since the evening and the morning has nothing to do with the sun, wouldn't that mean they were the same as today???

Not according to the infalable God of the bible. Evening and morning predate the sun by possibly billions of years.

4* And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Gen 1: 14* ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16* And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Last edited:

Not according to the infalable God of the bible. Evening and morning predate the sun by possibly billions of years.

Gen 1: 14* ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16* And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Apparently you can't read. I wasn't questioning what the Bible says, I was questioning your assertion that the evening and the morning are not currently related to the sun.

Apparently you can't read. I wasn't questioning what the Bible says, I was questioning your assertion that the evening and the morning are not currently related to the sun.
You can't have it both ways, the bible was written when the sun existed, so if a day in the bible was independent of the sun when the bible was written, then it is independent of the sun today.

You can't have it both ways, the bible was written when the sun existed, so if a day in the bible was independent of the sun when the bible was written, then it is independent of the sun today.

The bible was inspired you are using mans reasoning which is finite reasoning not infinite reasoning. No one knows how long creation took to be completed.

I'm not an old earther but I'm not a young earther either,i'm in between. But being honest I don't know.

Looks like by what you posted on the first day we don't know what the light was on the first day but it appears the sun and moon was not created until the 4th day. But God is also refered to as the light of the world, the light could have been from the presence of God. Who knows.

Face it ,man is limited by his knowledge no matter how intelligent he is. We really are just grains of sand in this universe.

Last edited:
All things begin with the creator or designer with man sometimes it takes many of us to design and build with God it only takes himself and he took credit for creating all things. All knowledge began with God.

Why would anyone even try to prove that the Earth was created in 6 days by a super being? It's a matter of faith isn't it? If you have it, then why bother to try and prove it? If you don't then no amount of "proof" will make a difference.

What if it was,wouldn't science need to know this ? How bout if a day was much longer to God then our day's ?

ROTFL................a day much longer. Let's see.........the lying bible said Methuselah lived over 900 years. Using your logic that old son-of-a-bitch would have been around 2000 years. The people who wrote the bible were probably confused about what a day was. They were still shitting on the ground, wiping on their hand, believed in ghosts and witches and thought the earth was flat. How goddamed stupid is that

Why would anyone even try to prove that the Earth was created in 6 days by a super being? It's a matter of faith isn't it? If you have it, then why bother to try and prove it? If you don't then no amount of "proof" will make a difference.

What if it was,wouldn't science need to know this ? How bout if a day was much longer to God then our day's ?

ROTFL................a day much longer. Let's see.........the lying bible said Methuselah lived over 900 years. Using your logic that old son-of-a-bitch would have been around 2000 years. The people who wrote the bible were probably confused about what a day was. They were still shitting on the ground, wiping on their hand, believed in ghosts and witches and thought the earth was flat. How goddamed stupid is that

The people you are referring to as ignorant and stupid built pyramids,temples,and coliseums. Your ignorance blossoms once again.

When you post, all is needed is to consider the source.

Last edited:
Actually, since temperature requires heat, and heat requires movement, there really wouldn't be temperature. That is the major flaw with the heat death theory, it is a paradox. Doesn't make it impossible, but it does make it impossible to defend it using English.

There is movement in a heat death universe, just not bulk movement. Its all thermalized movement (which is heat).

You don't understand the heat death theory.

Actually, I do, which is why I discount it. I am with Dyson in this, heat death is a myth. Gravity fracks up the thermodynamics.

GravitationOrder.jpg

Dyson who?

Stephen Hawking Explains Creation, Big Bang Sans God

Enter: the black hole.

The black hole, which floats in space, is a star so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including light, can escape its gravity.

"Its gravitational field is so powerful it doesn't only warp and distort light but also time," he explained. Time, thus, doesn't exist in the black hole.

Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

----------------------------------------

You gotta love the fact science was put into the Christian "entertainment" section.

So, in effect, you have your Religion, and I have mine. :D Have a nice day...... Idiot. :D

Looks like by what you posted on the first day we don't know what the light was on the first day but it appears the sun and moon was not created until the 4th day. But God is also refered to as the light of the world, the light could have been from the presence of God. Who knows.

Face it ,man is limited by his knowledge no matter how intelligent he is. We really are just grains of sand in this universe.
Well since the only light today is from the sun and stars, the presence of God is no longer present!
God is dead! :eusa_whistle:

Well since the only light today is from the sun and stars, the presence of God is no longer present!

Some on your side are hoping so with good reason. :badgrin:

Some on your side are hoping so with good reason. :badgrin:
So tell me, where did the light go?

You may have a point as according to the bible day and night have nothing to do with the rotation of the Earth or the sun. Day and night were created on the first day and the sun on the 4th. The sun has nothing to do with light and darkness or day and night. :cuckoo:

How do you ever get anywhere with all your side-stepping?
:badgrin:

Forum List

Back