He-man Ted Nugent posts pic of huge deer buck he bow-shot

I have been pleased with hunters harvest in our state is is run through the State Game and Fish. The food is distributed by member churches and non profits

They don't distribute it, you fool. They keep it for themselves or sell it.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Do a little research before you make any more foolish statements.

Actually the buck looks kinda puny - maybe 150 pounds. Nice rack though and i guess that's what matters. From the blood stain it looks like he gut-shot the poor thing. Don't like that. Maybe spent hours dying.

Ted Nugent posts pics of massive buck kill Glory Hallelujah - Washington Times

10696263_10152538725312297_12612562351650931_n_c0-206-480-485_s561x327.jpg

Iconic rocker-turned-conservative pundit Ted Nugent took to Facebook to share his version of a perfect Thanksgiving: a photo of a massive buck he brought down with a bow and arrow.

His accompanying text, next to the photo of the multi-point antler kill: “OH LORDY LORDY GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! Happy ThanXgiving every damn day in the mystical deer grounds of America ya all! The beast is dead long live the mighty beast!”

Wanted to get back to the original thread. Was talking to my husband about this OP.

Some of you will know him as Traveller. Doesn't have time for bullshit politics and hangs out mainly in dog and hunting forums.

Let's start with the ignorance of the OP. I was actually trying to be nice last night because I was PWI.

The OP obviously doesn't realize that deer like others have ranges and vary intensely in body size.

Puny to a Manitoba hunter is a big kill to someone in Tennessee. I know this for a fact because I've hunted both ranges.

I was in shock at how small the deer were in Hickman county but it made sense because their ranges were so small compared to the middle of nowhere land called northern Canada.

Now to gut shot. This is where I was losing it last night. :lol: That's an exit wound. And why I hushed because I didn't want to get mad.

Now just to finish it off. And here's why I am so pissed off at you Shoot Speeder.

Ted is not a trophy hunter. You kill it you grill it is our motto. Don't ever dare suggest that.

Really truly. Learn more before you even dream of posting such a foolish OP again.

I better let you know I'm a bow hunter. So I took offense to the thread right from the get go. Ted inspired me to go beyond the gun. Just like to know where you get off on mocking his kill.
You just gotta love a woman that bow hunts

Changed my avie back just for the moment for ya! Hey when your favorite fall and winter designers are Realtree and FXR and not Dior it means you are dressed to kill literally baby!

:lol:

Last edited:
A heart-shot deer can bleed a LOT...seen it. (Note to self: when a friend asks if you can help him carry a deer in your truck, the answer should probably be "no".) Took 2 weeks to get all the blood out of the bed.

pretty much all the deer i have shot

with my bow have been heart lung shots

they pretty much bleed out in a minute or so

in the snow i have seen the spray from the wound

15-20 feet wide from where the deer was standing

I just cannot get into killing a deer that takes minutes to die.

I have no problem with bowhunters, but, I have found several dead deer with arrows in them.

I like the one shot rifle kill, or, prefer not to kill at all.

That is just me.

As for Ted Nugent, fuck him, he is an attention whore, and most likely shot that deer on a game ranch.

it is not the weapon is the hunter and shot placement that counts

the deer i have shot with my bow are dead within seconds of the hit

over the years i have seen plenty of three legged deer limping around

after a firearms season

the biggest deer i had ever seen

i found dead 3 weeks

after a firearm season

shot through the bladder

by a slug hunter who didnt have permission

to be on my brothers property

A heart-shot deer can bleed a LOT...seen it. (Note to self: when a friend asks if you can help him carry a deer in your truck, the answer should probably be "no".) Took 2 weeks to get all the blood out of the bed.

I have no problem with bowhunters, but, I have found several dead deer with arrows in them.

That is just me.

As for Ted Nugent, fuck him, he is an attention whore, and most likely shot that deer on a game ranch.

after a firearms season

i found dead 3 weeks

after a firearm season

shot through the bladder

I use a rifle for several reasons, not the least of which is an old rotator cuff injury, and another, I do not want to put the time and effort it takes into learning the bow again.

I did it, I made an instant kill, I don't like it, and I don't begrudge any bowhunter in fair chase anything.

I hunt free range deer, mostly in National Forests, from the ground.

I like hunting them on foot better than anything else.

That is just me.

after a firearms season

i found dead 3 weeks

after a firearm season

shot through the bladder

I use a rifle for several reasons, not the least of which is an old rotator cuff injury, and another, I do not want to put the time and effort it takes into learning the bow again.

I did it, I made an instant kill, I don't like it, and I don't begrudge any bowhunter in fair chase anything.

I hunt free range deer, mostly in National Forests, from the ground.

I like hunting them on foot better than anything else.

i like both firearm and bow deer hunts

i was short changed on a hunt with my brother

a couple of weeks ago

ended up in the hospital had having three stents put in

what luck

they did well btw --LOL

The OP obviously doesn't realize that deer like others have ranges and vary intensely in body size.

Puny to a Manitoba hunter is a big kill to someone in Tennessee. I know this for a fact because I've hunted both ranges.

Now to gut shot. This is where I was losing it last night. :lol: That's an exit wound. And why I hushed because I didn't want to get mad.

Ted is not a trophy hunter. You kill it you grill it is our motto. Don't ever dare suggest that.

Hey stupid. 150 pounds is a mediocre sized deer. Don't matter none what state you're in.

That is NOT an exit wound. Teddy gut shot the deer and made is suffer.

Who said he's a trophy hunter and who cares.? He gut shot an average sized deer and now is bragging about what a big man he is. THINK

Bet ted used a $3000 compound bow too. That don't count. I've got a takedown recurve and that's a bow.

Most bow hunters don't even care about bows. It's just another hunting season and another chance. Same with the muzzleloader crowd.

Hey stupid. 150 pounds is a mediocre sized deer. Don't matter none what state you're in.

Who said he's a trophy hunter and who cares.? He gut shot an average sized deer and now is bragging about what a big man he is. THINK

tinydancer here introducing my husband to you Traveller. Many hunters know him from various forums.

I'll let him explain what you're missing. You're claiming a lie. I resent it.

Hey all y'all Traveller here, it appears as if my wife is dealing with a consummate sub moron who has no clue and only wants to run down Ted Nugent based on political differences. Let's educate this 'tard shall we?

1. The fan shaped pattern of blood displayed on the lower right hand side indicates that it is an exit wound shot from above and left of the animal. It was a left hand side pumphouse shot from a tree stand that hit and quickly killed the animal.

It was a fine shot. I warrant that the animal died within 30 seconds, faster in a death run.

2. Regarding the weight of the buck, any hunter worth his salt knows that as you progress further southward, all species are smaller in stature. Compare a Florida cougar and a Wyoming cat, the latter is easily triple the size.

A 150 lb buck is a fine trophy in the southern states. The rack on Teds deer indicates that the animal is a mature buck of at least 5 years of age. Antler points indicate age, anyone knows this unless they are are a clueless libtard. I have been blessed to harvest many deer myself.

I hunted Pennsylvania and Tennessee and a solid buck dresses out at 150 lbs. Now come to Manitoba. Bucks up here often reach 400 lbs and have to be cut up like a moose to drag them out of the bush.

3. This is just an attack on Ted Nugent by a liberal stooge, Ted is a consumate conservationist and an expert hunter. The great Fred Bear took him under his wing and made him his protege, that's all I need to know.

4. The next time you try to attack a hunter, conservationist, and a proud American, think about the fact that you eat dismembered body parts that have been carved from animals murdered on your behalf, put on styrofoam and wrapped in plastic and put on display for you to choose from.

Ted eats honest meat, So all I have left for you is ... go fuck yourself metrosexual libtard asshole.

5. Here endeth the lesson...

Traveller

Last edited:
I didn't know you could shoot deer in jail/heaven.

I've never seen anyone take a gut shot let alone from a tree stand. I don't understand how a gut shot can be claimed even from the ground with a bow.

Now over the years some of you may have noticed my home turf is Sundown in Manitoba.

Middle of nowhere and I love it to death. Timberwolf ran down my road last night. :)

To get an idea of what we hunt in our range I'll put up my neighbors down the road hunt camp. 5 miles only away.

BTW the place is just too pretty for words. Honest people if you want a family hunting vacation this is awesome here.

Aye carumba PWI again we still celebrate Thanksgiving all these years up here we're dual after all and if there's one celebration I miss only as much as the fourth it's Thanksgiving.

Canadian thanksgiving is usually celebrated with a couple of two fours around the grill giving thanks the skeeters are dead and waiting for ice fishing.

here's the link:

KC s OUTFITTING

home_main_02.jpg

Last edited:
I better let you know I'm a bow hunter. So I took offense to the thread right from the get go. Ted inspired me to go beyond the gun. Just like to know where you get off on mocking his kill.
You just gotta love a woman that bow hunts

Changed my avie back just for the moment for ya! Hey when your favorite fall and winter designers are Realtree and FXR and not Dior it means you are dressed to kill literally baby!

I love it tiny Dancer

tinydancer here introducing my husband to you Traveller. Many hunters know him from various forums.

I'll let him explain what you're missing. You're claiming a lie. I resent it.

Hey all y'all Traveller here, it appears as if my wife is dealing with a consummate sub moron who has no clue and only wants to run down Ted Nugent based on political differences. Let's educate this 'tard shall we?

1. The fan shaped pattern of blood displayed on the lower right hand side indicates that it is an exit wound shot from above and left of the animal. It was a left hand side pumphouse shot from a tree stand that hit and quickly killed the animal.

It was a fine shot. I warrant that the animal died within 30 seconds, faster in a death run.

2. Regarding the weight of the buck, any hunter worth his salt knows that as you progress further southward, all species are smaller in stature. Compare a Florida cougar and a Wyoming cat, the latter is easily triple the size.

A 150 lb buck is a fine trophy in the southern states. The rack on Teds deer indicates that the animal is a mature buck of at least 5 years of age. Antler points indicate age, anyone knows this unless they are are a clueless libtard. I have been blessed to harvest many deer myself.

I hunted Pennsylvania and Tennessee and a solid buck dresses out at 150 lbs. Now come to Manitoba. Bucks up here often reach 400 lbs and have to be cut up like a moose to drag them out of the bush.

3. This is just an attack on Ted Nugent by a liberal stooge, Ted is a consumate conservationist and an expert hunter. The great Fred Bear took him under his wing and made him his protege, that's all I need to know.

4. The next time you try to attack a hunter, conservationist, and a proud American, think about the fact that you eat dismembered body parts that have been carved from animals murdered on your behalf, put on styrofoam and wrapped in plastic and put on display for you to choose from.

Ted eats honest meat, So all I have left for you is ... go fuck yourself metrosexual libtard asshole.

5. Here endeth the lesson...

Traveller

Well said Traveler, that is many of the points I had brought out earlier but it seems the poster was either to dumb to understand or his eyes are covered by political blinders

HAHAHA. Listen to this ignorant moron. You telling us cougars in WY weigh 250 pounds!!! That's preposterous.

The board has already told you a 150 pound buck is NOT a monster buck in any state and only an idiot like you would say otherwise. Have you ever hunted in your life??? Yes, the rack is nice as i said in the OP. But you claim ted is a meat hunter not a trophy freak so why does he care about rack size?. THINK

Your claim that there are whitetails in mantoba that OFTEN dress out at 400 pounds??? That means on the hoof they weigh 500 . You obviously can't tell a whitetail from an elk. Do you enjoy being the board laughingstock.?

HAHAHA. Listen to this ignorant moron. You telling us cougars in WY weigh 250 pounds!!! That's preposterous.

The board has already told you a 150 pound buck is NOT a monster buck in any state and only an idiot like you would say otherwise. Have you ever hunted in your life??? Yes, the rack is nice as i said in the OP. But you claim ted is a meat hunter not a trophy freak so why does he care about rack size?. THINK

Your claim that there are whitetails in mantoba that OFTEN dress out at 400 pounds??? That means on the hoof they weigh 500 . You obviously can't tell a whitetail from an elk. Do you enjoy being the board laughingstock.?

You don't read well do you?

Florida panthers are smaller than Wyoming mountain lions. This is a well known fact. Mean average 75 to 80 lbs in South Florida. Wyoming mountain lions are on average 180 to 220.

It's common knowledge that the closer you get to the equator the smaller a cat is. Closer to the poles the bigger the cat. Same with deer.

Traveller never called a 150 pound buck a monster buck. Just said it would be a fine trophy.

Traveller also never claimed that Manitoba bucks dress out at any weight let alone 400.

Here's exactly what he said. Stop lying.

"Bucks up here often reach 400 lbs and have to be cut up like a moose to drag them out of the bush".

Never said dressed. Put down the bong. :lol:

Actually the buck looks kinda puny - maybe 150 pounds. Nice rack though and i guess that's what matters. From the blood stain it looks like he gut-shot the poor thing. Don't like that. Maybe spent hours dying.

Iconic rocker-turned-conservative pundit Ted Nugent took to Facebook to share his version of a perfect Thanksgiving: a photo of a massive buck he brought down with a bow and arrow.

His accompanying text, next to the photo of the multi-point antler kill: “OH LORDY LORDY GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! Happy ThanXgiving every damn day in the mystical deer grounds of America ya all! The beast is dead long live the mighty beast!”

You have already been called out on your lack of knowledge about the animal being "gut shot", so I'll leave that alone.

But you seem to be making fun of him for bow hunting (or hunting in general). While the body of the buck is not huge, the rack shows him to be an old buck. He didn't get old by being stupid and unaware. The range of a bow is not great. So Nugent got within a pretty close range of a wary, wild animal and made the shot. Laugh if you want, but the overwhelming majority of people would be unable to duplicate this feat.

Did they charge him extra sedating and putting it in a tiny cage before he murdered it, or did they give him a freebie being a celeb? ;)
I'm guessing
A. You are not familiar with Ted place in TX or MI
B. While high fence hunts are not my cup of tea I hold nothing against those that do. But it's obvious from your post you are clueless as to those preserves

As a side note it is obvious your not very knowledge of white tail deer. High fence preserves are often in excess of 1K acres not a small enclosure you may envision. While you may feel the animals are not able to come and go as the normally would it is not quite true. A whitetails home range is on average 350 acres and given ample water and food they will spend their life on that 3-400 acres. While some deeds home range expands in summer and depending on the doe population a buck may expand his home range during the rut, most stick close to their home range

Get some show of his here on one of the obscure cable channels with gun stuff. Have seen deer in the wild. Only difference is I've never felt the urge to murder a beautiful animal. Well, not the ones that go on four legs at any rate.

If you do not want to hunt, then don't hunt. But do be aware that, with the complete lack of predators, the only thing limiting whitetail population growth is hunting, automobiles, and starvation. Of the three, hunting is by far the most humane. The monies paid by the hunters for licences, fees and extra taxes are also the lion's share of the budget for many state conservation efforts.

Forum List

Back