"Health is a right"

Ron Reagan passed a law saying sick have to be treated even if they don't have insurance.

So yeah, that's kind of a right .
So you can't answer..

What part of "yeah it's kind of a right " didn't you get .

I'll clarify. YES!!! it's a right .
Let me repeat the OP for the brain dead
What kind of right is it?
The right to live...
No such thing.

Ron Reagan passed a law saying sick have to be treated even if they don't have insurance.

So you can't answer..

The right to live...
No such thing.
It falls under the same category as "life"...

So you can't answer..

The right to live...
No such thing.
There is no such right. Proof? The State can take that away as well. And it sure as hell can't be found in Nature. Pretty much the exact opposite.

The right to live...
No such thing.
There is no such right. Proof? The State can take that away as well. And it sure as hell can't be found in Nature. Pretty much the exact opposite.
Emo goth, or just goth?

The right to live...
No such thing.
Emo goth, or just goth?
Goth is for dark children. Children are usually all that can be found here.

How does one find out what is or isn't a Natural Right?

It's just a reference to innate freedom - the freedom you have if no one else is around to interfere.

If you want that, move to an island of one, where you won't even have a right to life. Have fun.

Nah. You're missing the point. The founders were looking for a more rational, humane justification for government. Their claim, which was quite novel at the time, was that the purpose of government to protect freedom, not to just boss people around for the hell of it.

1. Prohibition was an overreach by the government and was repealed. They did not grant us the right to drink. They took their unlawful restriction on our rights away.

It wasn't legislation it was a constitutional amendment ratified by the states.

Correct. Still wasn't a right granted by the government.

All rights are granted by the government because the government decides what will or will not BE a right.

Wrong and stupid. But right along your mental abilities.

The government granted you the right to bear arms didn't it?

That's silly. You have the right to bear arms without government. The Constitution protects that right, specifically from government.

So you can't answer..

The right to live...

That's like saying the right to get married means government must provide you with a spouse.

So you can't answer..

The right to live...

That's like saying the right to get married means government must provide you with a spouse.
What the hell do I want with a spouse?

So you can't answer..

The right to live...

What the hell do you want with a life?

The right to live...

That's my buzziness...

The right to live...

That's my buzziness...

Only if the government says.

promote the general welfare does not mean "provide" the general welfare. Words have meanings.

Damn. Nothing grates more than an imbecile who heard something on the radio and takes it as his own...and thinks it makes him less of an imbecile.

those words happen to be correct. The constitution does not guarantee that the government will give you medical care, food, housing, success, a car, a girlfriend, or happiness. It only guarantees that you have the right to pursue happiness.

the imbecile here is you, my libtardian friend.

promote the general welfare does not mean "provide" the general welfare. Words have meanings.

Damn. Nothing grates more than an imbecile who heard something on the radio and takes it as his own...and thinks it makes him less of an imbecile.

those words happen to be correct. The constitution does not guarantee that the government will give you medical care, food, housing, success, a car, a girlfriend, or happiness. It only guarantees that you have the right to pursue happiness.

You've been schooled on this many times. Why can't you learn?

You've been schooled on this many times. Why can't you learn?

your interpretation of the general welfare clause has been proven wrong in many ways, including decisions by the SCOTUS. But you keep spouting those faulty talking points. No one is listening and you are making a fool yourself. But keep it up, you amuse me.

I don't think 'pursuit of happiness' is in the Constitution is it?

Ask the God and Natural Rights morons to explain - prohibition?

1. Prohibition was an overreach by the government and was repealed. They did not grant us the right to drink. They took their unlawful restriction on our rights away.

All rights are granted by the government because the government decides what will or will not BE a right.

Did the government not decide that freedom of the press was a right?

The government granted you the right to bear arms didn't it?

No idiot. that was already a right, the British tried to take it away. That's why it's there.

It is there because without the government recognizing it as a right, and therefore taking government action to secure it as a right,

it wouldn't be your right, except perhaps in your imagination.

Did the government not decide that freedom of the press was a right?
He must think that God wrote the Second Amendment. Probably the only one he knows.

Forum List

Back