Heartbeat act fails in Nebraska

That is a morally absolute statement.
No it isn't it is.

Saying something can only be "right" or "wrong" is a morally absolute statement.

If something is "right" in some cases and "wrong" in another, then stating that is not a morally absolute statement. In fact it proves that morals are not absolute.

No it isn't it is.

Saying something can only be "right" or "wrong" is a morally absolute statement.

If something is "right" in some cases and "wrong" in another, then stating that is not a morally absolute statement. In fact it proves that morals are not absolute.
Yes it is a morally absolute statement, Morals are absolute you just don't like them to be. Give me a for instance of a moral that isn't absolute.

Yes it is a morally absolute statement, Morals are absolute you just don't like them to be. Give me a for instance of a moral that isn't absolute.

Morals have changed as societies have changed if they were absolute they would have never changed.

People invented morals and morals have changed over time therefore they are not and never have been absolute.

Morals have changed as societies have changed if they were absolute they would have never changed.

People invented morals and morals have changed over time therefore they are not and never have been absolute.
Morals come from an innate knowledge of God, and right and wrong from that, yes even you have that knowledge, although you describe it away. No, just becuase people do not ahere to moral truths does not mean they have changed, it means people are ignoring them

Morals come from an innate knowledge of God, and right and wrong from that, yes even you have that knowledge, although you describe it away. No, just becuase people do not ahere to moral truths does not mean they have changed, it means people are ignoring them
No they don't they come from the minds of men.

Creation is all the proof you need!
No it isn't really.

We don't know exactly how the universe came to be and saying a god did it is not proof.

So first you have to prove that a god existed before the universe did and no one has been able to do that.

No it isn't really.

We don't know exactly how the universe came to be and saying a god did it is not proof.

So first you have to prove that a god existed before the universe did and no one has been able to do that.
Actually, the Bible explains how God Created the heavens and the earth, got anything better?

Actually, the Bible explains how God Created the heavens and the earth, got anything better?
The bible was written by humans and no human was around to witness the inception of the universe so IOW the Bible is a story and all they really say is that a god did it.

That is no more of an explanation than saying Because I said so

The bible was written by humans and no human was around to witness the inception of the universe so IOW the Bible is a story and all they really say is that a god did it.

That is no more of an explanation than saying Because I said so
The Bible is the inspired word of God written by men inspired by the holy spirit, got a better explanation?

The Bible is the inspired word of God written by men inspired by the holy spirit, got a better explanation?
No but that in now way means the Bible is correct. And the bible was written by men so how do you know they actually got it right?

You need to brush up on your rules of logic.

As it stands today we only have a working knowledge of 5% of all the matter and energy that makes up the universe and saying "a god did it" was no more of an explanation 5000 years ago than it is today.

No but that in now way means the Bible is correct. And the bible was written by men so how do you know they actually got it right?

You need to brush up on your rules of logic.

As it stands today we only have a working knowledge of 5% of all the matter and energy that makes up the universe and saying "a god did it" was no more of an explanation 5000 years ago than it is today.
Written by men inspired by God, get it right. My explanation makes way more sense than your's does as you have offered nada

Written by men inspired by God, get it right. My explanation makes way more sense than your's does as you have offered nada
Yeah they could have been "inspired " by whatever they wanted to say Prove it was a god.

And saying :God did it" is not an explanation and it never will be.

Why can't you just admit that we don't really understand how the universe came to be? We don't know, we don't understand 95% of the matter and energy in the universe and that does not prove the existence of a god. It merely proves our ignorance and we may never be able to understand it because our brains have a limit to what they can process.

My dog will never understand algebra because she cannot form the thought patterns necessary to do so. A human brain and a dog's brain are basically made up of the same stuff we just have more of it so we have more processing power than a dog but a rational person will not deny that there are some things that we will never be able to understand because our brains are incapable of the thought processes necessary.

Yeah they could have been "inspired " by whatever they wanted to say Prove it was a god.

And saying :God did it" is not an explanation and it never will be.

Why can't you just admit that we don't really understand how the universe came to be? We don't know, we don't understand 95% of the matter and energy in the universe and that does not prove the existence of a god. It merely proves our ignorance and we may never be able to understand it because our brains have a limit to what they can process.

My dog will never understand algebra because she cannot form the thought patterns necessary to do so. A human brain and a dog's brain are basically made up of the same stuff we just have more of it so we have more processing power than a dog but a rational person will not deny that there are some things that we will never be able to understand because our brains are incapable of the thought processes necessary.
It was God ,not a god. Why can't you give me a better reason for the universe becoming the universe

Forum List

Back