🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Heaven help us...FACEBOOK IS DOWN

Given how many people use Facebook, I'd be interested to know how many wind up commiting suicide over it. It's like the old saying of 'deprive people of 3 meals ina row and you'll have anarchy.' Now it's 'take Facebook down for 3 hours and you'll have anarchy' :)

For my next trick I'm taking out television. All of it.

Great bit from "Calvin and Hobbes" where Calvin reads something by Marx, "Religion is the opiate of the masses."

"What dya suppose that means?" he asks Hobbes

Television set in the background says, "It mean Marx hadn't seen anything yet." ;)

Given how many people use Facebook, I'd be interested to know how many wind up commiting suicide over it. It's like the old saying of 'deprive people of 3 meals ina row and you'll have anarchy.' Now it's 'take Facebook down for 3 hours and you'll have anarchy' :)

Can't touch me..I have a portable dvd player with a car jack!
Ha!

And we have dvds of LOR, the Hobbit, Nemo, and North and South.

We need nothing else.

Only til they can remove this page then it will be back up:
andreas-lubitz-honored-as-martyr-on-facebook1.png

Can't touch me..I have a portable dvd player with a car jack!
Ha!

And we have dvds of LOR, the Hobbit, Nemo, and North and South.

We need nothing else.

In his benevolent munificence Pogo the Unquestionable will permit DVD to continue to exist. Because the user still has control.

But the telescreens, they gotta go.

Facebook is stupid. Its like an artificial life for some people.

Buncha old farts saying modern tech is stupid. Keep jamming to those walkmen and dont worry about it

Buncha old farts saying modern tech is stupid. Keep jamming to those walkmen and dont worry about it

Hey, Nosebook has performed a real public serivice ----- shown us that "addictive personality" isn't a rare trait.

I can never forget a passing incident I had for its sociocultural significance: I was on a light rail train in Chicago or Boston or wherever it was ... standing across from me were six people, all different, male, female, young, older, black, white, nothing in common ... and all six of them immersed in tapping on their little plastic screens, utterly oblivious to everything around them.

---- All I could think was, "if only I had taken that mail-order pickpocket course I'd be a rich man in five minutes".

Hey, Nosebook has performed a real public serivice ----- shown us that "addictive personality" isn't a rare trait.

I can never forget a passing incident I had for its sociocultural significance: I was on a light rail train in Chicago or Boston or wherever it was ... standing across from me were six people, all different, male, female, young, older, black, white, nothing in common ... and all six of them immersed in tapping on their little plastic screens, utterly oblivious to everything around them.

---- All I could think was, "if only I had taken that mail-order pickpocket course I'd be a rich man in five minutes".

I bet you thought the same thing when the CD player came out.

Why no, not at all. I was on them right away, in fact they play a major part in my employment and have since they arrived.

CDs don't command one's face. You put one on and go about whatever you were doing. Nosebook demands all the senses. In that way it's like the difference between radio and TV.

Years ago addict friends tried to get me on Nosebook -- you know how junkies are. So my question was, "what will this give me that I don't already have?

Never got an answer.

Why no, not at all. I was on them right away, in fact they play a major part in my employment and have since they arrived.

CDs don't command one's face. You put one on and go about whatever you were doing. Nosebook demands all the senses. In that way it's like the difference between radio and TV.

Years ago addict friends tried to get me on Nosebook -- you know how junkies are. So my question was, "what will this give me that I don't already have?

Never got an answer.

LOL...Uh how about Knowledge, updated information, updates on people, places and things.

Its pretty simple but pretending like FB has no redeeming qualities is rather silly

If you get Knowledge from fb..well, that just explains so much.

Never got an answer.

LOL...Uh how about Knowledge, updated information, updates on people, places and things.

Its pretty simple but pretending like FB has no redeeming qualities is rather silly

Ah but define "updated information". I just really really really do not need to know that some clown I worked with for four days in 1998 is deciding which hat to put on. Don't need it. For what I do need to know there's email and phone.

The other thing the Nosebookers would say is "it makes it possible to reconnect with those people you lost touch with 30 years ago" --- well there was a reason we did that 30 years ago, and we got it right the first time. :lol:

however it's GREAT for sharing pics and links and stuff with your fambly and friends.

Forum List

Back