Hell, where is it? What is it?

we make our own here on earth

Some people do.

All those who believe in things that never literally happened and maintain perverse interpretations of what is actually taking place while awaiting things that will never occur exist in a desolate place of unspeakable suffering without light or life.

Only to them reality is hell and a torment day and night like a consuming fire that will never go out.

The dead do not even know that they are in hell. They may even think that they are saved and bound for heaven and everyone else is going to hell, whenever Jesus floats down from the sky that is........

there is a twist the above two posts do not seem to recognize ...

those bound against Admission to the Everlasting are seldom the recipients of their personally directed assaults and generally enjoy the punishments they exact on others.

it is doubtful Hitler died with remorse for the cruelties he administered on others or on the smaller scale most who inflict pain likewise die the same without regret.

we make our own here on earth ...

that in itself is not the disclaimer, our own may be sad for its recipients but were that to be an exercise planed for others is the crux to disqualify them from the Everlasting ... the reason for the Almighty, the Triumph of Good vs Evil.

such as the religious fanatic - finding fault with whatever may be pleasurable for the sake of their own shortcomings are the ones who may die happily never to see the light of day again.

there is no Hell.

Dear Jeri, I have put you on ignore as to save myself from your voluminous postings. It just takes to long to load your long postings on my computer.

Last edited:
Well, I see the bible thumpers are out in force on this thread. But for me the bible is largely Jewish myths.
In my studies of spiritualist teachings there are many planes of experience after we die and we go to a place that corresponds with our spiritual state of evolution. For some they will think they are in heaven because their surroundings will be beautiful, but for others they will think they are in hell because their lower realm of experience will be dark and cold. I do not believe in hellfire, I was told the lower realms are dark .But all such realms are just another illusion like the physical realm we are now in. The beings that find themselves in lower realms will have every opportunity to progress and they can eventually reincarnate to face karma and work out their evolution. Ultimately we are evolving to a state of spiritual perfection where our surroundings will not phase us, as we will carry a sense of union with the divine within us.
Each of of us has to search and find truth within our selves. Personally I don't agree with you about the Bible being just Jewish myths. Too many people including myself have seen a spiritual realm greater than what we live in as flesh beings. Some have seen portions of hell and some have seen portions of heaven. I find it very interesting when people share these experiences and even more amazing too myself when what was seen in the spirit manifests right here in this world. I love to awake in the morning and search out what I saw in dreams or whatever it was put into my heart to search out when I awake. The spiritual realm is more than just an allusion but many cannot get past the allusion of being just a mere carnal flesh being.

The ancients wrote in poetic form expressions of what things would be liken to and described things visually through those analogies.

How we live results in the place we set for ourselves here on earth which is why they used an example/analogy of Gehinnom.
Ge-hinnom valley was a point on the boundary between Judah and Benjamin (Joshua 15:8, 18:16). This usage is reflected in Nehemiah 11:30. The valley had an unholy reputation in later Old Testament books because it was the site of Tophet, a cultic shrine where human sacrifice was offered (2 Kings 23:10; 2 Chronicles 28:3, 33:6; Jeremiah 7:31, 19:2ff, 32:35). It is called simply 'the valley' (Jeremiah 2:23). Because of this cult Jeremiah cursed the place and predicted that it would be a place of death and corruption (7:32, 19:6ff).
Since this valley was 'outside the Kingdom' and had fires burning all day with stench of rotting trash it made a good example how 'living outside the boundries of what leads us to the perfected kingdom' in the era to come would result in what looks like a giant trash heap. Look at war torn areas living outside the guided path to the kingdom (perfected earth) and you will see the burning tires, trash piling up, torn apart buildings and blown up trashed cars and see exactly the appearance of Ge-hinnom.
When they wrote their descriptions they did so using appearances, so what is more accurate a portrait then referring to the trash dump outside their kingdom?

Olam Habah simply is the world to come meaning future earth transformed into a more perfected state. That's what Judaism is all about, the concept of what could and should be attained and 'completed' and 'made whole'=Shalem, which is why YeruShalem is named after that Essence.
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemerating his name and essence.
In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,
24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 & Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23) The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is a place which manifests his name in other words the place which finally completes the Torah and manufacturing of this Olam Habah making us whole.

Now since Christianity has been the essential rule & creator of this hell (mess) and Jesus claimed himself the ruler of that pit in Rev 1 & 9 then what are you missing?

Psalms 16:7-11 the godly one would not see or go down to the pit....
But Jesus did go down to the pit s per the son of perdition (lucifer) acts 2:27, 1 Peter 3:19 and apostles creed Jesus went down to the pit.

I have a lot of devout Christians in my family and I have learned to tread lightly on the subject. Just consider that the Bible contains many symbolic stories and the concept of Hell might, just MIGHT be one of them. To me the concept of infinite punishment for, say "crimes of the flesh" makes no sense whatsoever.

I have a lot of devout Christians in my family and I have learned to tread lightly on the subject. Just consider that the Bible contains many symbolic stories and the concept of Hell might, just MIGHT be one of them. To me the concept of infinite punishment for, say "crimes of the flesh" makes no sense whatsoever.
"Crimes of the flesh"? Flesh is not immortal so it just returns to its original state. We can as flesh beings subject our selves to many things here in this world though. Subjecting one's self can be done corporately or individually as we many times join ourselves to many things of the world as carnal beings in order to survive in this world. A left hand (hosts for the earth- carnal flesh) and a right hand (hosts for the heavenly portion created in the image of the first born of heaven). Generally many Christians have not learned this aspect of it yet and the eternal portions take time and seasons to grow or evolve if that is the term someone desires to use.

Makes sense for the kings in order to keep their pawns in line. =scare tactic.

Makes sense for the kings in order to keep their pawns in line. =scare tactic.
Excuse me Michael, I should have included all the other religious factions including those who claim to be Jews.

It is interesting is it not... Human nature... Scare them and they shall not rebel against your rule... Who came up with the concept we have today and who pushes it and teaches it.... Great way to stay in control and have everyone follow your lead like a good little sheeple....hell as a place of torment is no different then telling your kid if he doesnt eat his dinner you are going to ground him and make him face the wall with no television... Works the same way......

And, contrary to popular belief, Hell DOES sometimes freeze over:

Hell, Michigan
Maybe they can apply for satan's new statue since Oklahoma does not want it?
the-satanic-temples-template-for-a-statue-of-baphomet-is-pictured-in-this-undated-handout-photo-obtained-by-reuters-june-27-2014.jpg

According to a Revelation received by the Prophet Joseph Smith, The various kingdoms of the afterlife were revealed. Basically there are 4 Major divisions or places where people will go once they have finished their mortal probation.

1. Celestial Kingdom - this is where all the faithful followers of Christ will go. Eventually this will be on this earth once it is celestialized.

2. Terrestrial Kingdom - This is where honorable people of the earth will go who were deceived by the world and rejected Christ but lived relatively good lives.

3. Telestial Kingdom - This is where most of the bad people of the earth will go. This is called Hell. The murderers, thieves, whoremongers, etc will go here. Those who have loved darkness more than light.

These three kingdoms are likened unto the Sun, Moon, and Stars for their differing glory.

4. Outer Darkness - This is the place reserved for the Sons of Perdition. These are they who have had great light given to them in their lives and knew the truthfulness of Christ and his gospel and still rejected it and come out in open rebellion against it. This is where Satan and his angels will be. Of this place the scriptures tell us:

Doctrine and Covenants 76:42-49
42 That through him all might be saved whom the Father had put into his power and made by him;
43 Who glorifies the Father, and saves all the works of his hands, except those sons of perdition who deny the Son after the Father has revealed him.
44 Wherefore, he saves all except them—they shall go away into everlasting punishment, which is endless punishment, which is eternal punishment, to reign with the devil and his angels in eternity, where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched, which is their torment—
45 And the end thereof, neither the place thereof, nor their torment, no man knows;
46 Neither was it revealed, neither is, neither will be revealed unto man, except to them who are made partakers thereof;
47 Nevertheless, I, the Lord, show it by vision unto many, but straightway shut it up again;
48 Wherefore, the end, the width, the height, the depth, and the misery thereof, they understand not, neither any man except those who are ordained unto this condemnation.
49 And we heard the voice, saying: Write the vision, for lo, this is the end of the vision of the sufferings of the ungodly.

To read the entire Revelation go to Doctrine and Covenants 76

1 Corinthians 15:39-44
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

jojo smith is not a prophet- so stop it. I have multiple failed prophecies and lies from him. Just stop. EDUCATE yourself. He was a fraud.

Seems like a lot of people have their own description of what hell is.
What and where do you think hell is?
If you were there do you think that you could recognize it?

"It is called tartarus in Greek (2Peter 2:4 translations "cast own to hell [tartarus]" or "cast them into hell"). Geenna in Old English "the Gehenna of fire" (place of torment). Hebrew it is Gehinnom "the valley of Himmon". Gehenna was also used to describe the mound area where the trash was thrown out to be burned on the outskirts of Old Jerusalem.
Sometimes also reference as Hades or the abode of the dead which is the Hebrew equivalent to Sheol "the grave" or "unseen" spiritually speaking this is the 'place of the dead' or being separated from God (without spiritual light). That place which is out of sight, the underworld, the lowest regions of earth (Adam- red earth). The grave is also descriptive of the human living in Hades when the spirit of life is absent from the carnal flesh. In the Book of Enoch this is described as a dry hot rocky place is where the spirit of Azazel is buried for seducing mankind.
The event of the spirit resurrecting the spiritually dead, "And the sea [see- thalassa- personification] gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them"
In the legends of Aesop, Thalassa appears as a woman formed of sea water rising up from her native element producing a tribe of fish. In many ancient cultures fish, agrah, and moon were using these terms to describe prosperity or wealth."

Shucks.....it is written:

Rev 21:

8"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone"

And there is an especially hot spot for the liars like convicted con man Joseph Smith who said an angel named Mormon showed him the book inscribed on plates of gold(which mysteriously disappeared) so he and Brigham Young could have nearly 100 young wives.

Now that my friends is some serious puzzy!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back