Herd Immunity may be out of reach

As much as 30% of the population are refusing to get vaccinated. Most are MAGA nuts. I have talked to quite a few trying to convince them. So the MAGA world is now making it hard for the rest of us to get back to normal.....THANKS!
What an idiotic take from that article. Number 1 from the article,

It’s unclear whether vaccines prevent transmission

Number 2 most countries can't get people vaccinated. So they are talking globally not the USA you TDS infected loser.

Vaccine roll-out is uneven

There are huge variations in the efficiency of vaccine roll-outs between countries (see ‘Disparities in distribution’), and even within them.

All of this fear mongering over basically this,
Long-term prospects for the pandemic probably include COVID-19 becoming an endemic disease, much like influenza
. But in the near term, scientists are contemplating a new normal that does not include herd immunity. Here are some of the reasons behind this mindset, and what they mean for the next year of the pandemic.

Herd immunity can be reached without anyone getting vaccinated.
Yes. and think of all those Maga nuts who will die and spend months getting over covid. It's almost comforting in that they'll have less energy to attempt another insurrection.

It's posts like these that make it apparent that Big Left's Covid strategy has nothing to do with helping people and everything to do with controlling them.

Yes, mutations are going to require annual vaccination.

I wonder if they can colorglow the microchips, so we can light up to show if we have had the needle.

But because you won't get vaccinated, stronger variants of the virus are coming out and even us who are vaccinated can now get that.

I would love it if half the people who didn't get vaccinated would just die. I'm not even kidding. Then I would believe in a God and Karma.
someone not getting vaccinated has nothing to do with a virus mutating and creating variants...actually just the opposite really.

Please, get educated on the science before contining to make yourself look like a fool

The scientists don't agree with you guys. What scientists are you listening to?

Are the scientist happy you guys aren't getting the shot?
They are listening to the scientist named trump....he has a PhD in Stupid.
This is a tactic Republicans are using. Notice they keep saying "get educated on the science"

They are doing this because their position on this issue is so anti science that they need to somehow gain some credibility back by suggesting the science is on their side.

This person said, "someone not getting vaccinated has nothing to do with a virus mutating and creating variants...actually just the opposite really."

I don't even know if that's true. I don't believe it is. I believe people not getting vaccinated has a lot to do with other variants being created.

The next variant that is created will be because some stupid Republican who didn't trust the science didn't get vaccinated.
they are doing it because you think herd immunity has anything to do with vaccination or that a vaccine will keep a virus from mutating or you catching it
That's the latest tactic that I've heard, that if you have the vaccine, the virus can't mutate within you, so by not vaccinating you're allowing other strains to be created and spread.
The virus will mutate, whenever antibodies are developed...via normal natural process of getting the virus, or because of a vaccine. Just like the common cold, flu and all the other strains of the Coronavirus...this is nothing more then a mutate already

Totally agree, that's just the latest scare tactic and method being used to guilt people into getting it, it's ridiculous.

If enough Maga idiots get infected then vaccination will not be necessary, but that's a big if. Then you have to worry about the various variants out there, especially the one tearing through india, which may require a booster shot that again, Maga idiots will not be getting.

If enough Maga idiots get infected then vaccination will not be necessary, but that's a big if. Then you have to worry about the various variants out there, especially the one tearing through india, which may require a booster shot that again, Maga idiots will not be getting.

So you support Biden's travel ban on Indians?

You don't. Herd immunity is reachable, but it won't be easy. You are part of the problem.
So you agree with me, herd immunity is reachable, yet you give the clueless OP a pass and attack me. YOU are part of the problem. A pompous Liberal who doesn't want to engage the discussion, just make stupid attacks.

I have been watching him for awhile and that is how he seems to operate, that and if you want him to answer tough questions on his opinions he either ignores you or calls you dumb.

I watched the Democratic Vice Presidential candidate in a debate tell viewers she would not take the vaccine simply because it was developed under the Trump Administration. Mike Pence's response was fantastic,

“We’re going to have a vaccine in record time — in unheard-of time — in less than a year,” he said. “We have five companies in Phase 3 clinical trials. And we're right now producing tens of millions of doses. So the fact that you continue to undermine public confidence in a vaccine, if the vaccine emerges during the Trump administration, I think is unconscionable. And senator, I just ask you: Stop playing politics with people’s lives.”

Yet the OP is blaming Trump supporters.

Democrats tell us to follow the science, yet Democrats are the ones trying to convince us a man can wake up one day and be a woman. The try to convince us an unborn baby is not alive even though we can hear a heart beat and see it. Democrats are the last people that should be preaching science.

I got the vaccine because I CHOSE to. I don't wear masks outside. I do wear a mask in someone else's place of business because unlike Democrats I respect someone else's property and the right to make their own rules.

If someone chooses not to get vaccinated that is their right. But any private business can make a rule that only the vaccinated can enter without a mask. We can choose to patronize that business or not. That's the beauty of living in a free society.

I know you have nothing, Damaged Eagle, on the 'science' of the vax.

I do hope you survive despite your wrong headedness.

1620153446399.png

If I still have to be in lockdown, wear a mask, or social distance, I don't consider the vaccination worth the crap or the cost because it sounds like it doesn't do anything for you in the first place.

So what's the point in getting vaccinated?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

But because you won't get vaccinated, stronger variants of the virus are coming out and even us who are vaccinated can now get that.

I would love it if half the people who didn't get vaccinated would just die. I'm not even kidding. Then I would believe in a God and Karma.
Even if 100% of the people were vaccinated stronger variants would come out.
You are proof there is evil in this world.

If stronger variants then we would all need to be vaccinated again because the new variant would spread, vaccine or not.

No because the next person who gets corona wouldn't have got corona if they were vaccinated. And their strain wouldn't turn into a different more powerful variant.

With 50% of you not getting vaccinated, we're all fucked.

By getting vaccinated does not mean you wouldn’t catch Covid nor would it mean you couldn’t spread it, so I wish you would stop with that nonsense about how getting vaccinated would prevent Covid!

All the vaccine does is lessen the symptoms if caught and people are still catching the virus even after vaccinated.

Bullshit. I have the vaccine I can't get covid. SLIM Chance I get covid. Good chance you will.

Sure I can have covid on me and spread it from you to someone else but it wouldn't happen if YOU weren't a dumbass.

If stronger variants then we would all need to be vaccinated again because the new variant would spread, vaccine or not.

No because the next person who gets corona wouldn't have got corona if they were vaccinated. And their strain wouldn't turn into a different more powerful variant.

With 50% of you not getting vaccinated, we're all fucked.
The virus lives regardless of who or who is not vaccinated, this virus will never be eliminated because that is the way virus' work.

And 50% of who? What a stupid moronic statement, you are not smart enough to understand that the world is not binary. You are a stupid, racist lefty however I don't believe all lefties are a stupid and racist as you. Does that make sense or does your midget brain still not understand?
I'm sorry Paparetard I should have said with 68.8% of you not getting vaccinated not 50%. I didn't know that many Americans were stupid.

Who was I referring to you ask? You couldn't figure out who I was talking about?

As of 6 a.m. EDT May 1, a total of 103,422,555 Americans had been fully vaccinated, or 31.2 percent of the country's population, according to the CDC's data.
Then why did you use the word "you", bobofucktard?

Also stupid moron, the vaccines are still being given. It isn't that 68.8% of you not getting vaccinated, it is that 68.*% have yet to have a chance to get vaccinated. Maybe you should learn to comprehend what you read instead of looking so fucking stupid all the time, idiot!
Bullshit. Most of the people who haven't got vaccinated, at least the ones I talk to, don't plan on getting vaccinated. It's so easy to go to Ford Field and get it but once we got to around 50% it slowed to a trickle. What are they waiting for? I'd say getting vaccinated is as patriotic as voting. Go vote. Go get the shot.

I wonder why India is up shits creek. Lack of vaccinations?

. The science says you still need to wear a mask and socially distance.

Why?

Other vaccinations don't work that way.

If after you're vaccinated nothing has changed and you still need to keep the same precautions you always did... what's the point?
The scientists say get vaccinated. You are a conspiracy theorist nut who doesn't give his kids the flu shot.

Forum List

Back