Here are some numbers for you Clintonites who think she should have won..because of the popular vote

I haven't personally verified these numbers, but after looking at the red/blue map of the county by county votes across the nation, I do not doubt a bit of it. Trump won because most of the nation wanted him to him. The Electoral College performed exactly as intended....protected the rural working areas from the urban welfare clubs.

Interesting Numbers... Finally, the Electoral College explained so anyone can understand the need for it.

The best explanation of why the Founders had unbelievable wisdom in designing the Electoral College.

It also illustrates that the Democratic Party does not represent the country, just the heavily populated east and west coast mega cities which are out of touch with the vast majority of the country.

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

There are 62 counties in New York State.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes.

In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens)

Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties, Trump won Richmond)

Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.

The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those that encompass a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Why should the few residents of largely unpopulated land masses dictate the outcome of national elections as opposed to city residents?

lets turn that around, why shouldn't the white majority control everything that happens in this country? you want majority rule, be careful what you wish for.

How do you have a functioning government if the minority is as powerful as the majority?

ask your fellow libs, its their idea, not mine.

Learn to read, Mr. Trump is Leading the Popular Vote guy.

I haven't personally verified these numbers, but after looking at the red/blue map of the county by county votes across the nation, I do not doubt a bit of it. Trump won because most of the nation wanted him to him. The Electoral College performed exactly as intended....protected the rural working areas from the urban welfare clubs.

Interesting Numbers... Finally, the Electoral College explained so anyone can understand the need for it.

The best explanation of why the Founders had unbelievable wisdom in designing the Electoral College.

It also illustrates that the Democratic Party does not represent the country, just the heavily populated east and west coast mega cities which are out of touch with the vast majority of the country.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens)

Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties, Trump won Richmond)

Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those that encompass a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.
Why should the few residents of largely unpopulated land masses dictate the outcome of national elections as opposed to city residents?

lets turn that around, why shouldn't the white majority control everything that happens in this country? you want majority rule, be careful what you wish for.

How do you have a functioning government if the minority is as powerful as the majority?

ask your fellow libs, its their idea, not mine.

Learn to read, Mr. Trump is Leading the Popular Vote guy.

doesn't matter, we elect presidents using the EC. until the constitution is changed, that's the way it will be. Discussing it is interesting, but nothing is going to change.

It would take both houses of congress and then ratification by 38 states. Do you really think that has a chance of happening?

I understand that you are sad that the hildebeast lost, but grow up and deal with that reality, you ran a bad candidate and the people rejected her in accordance with the constitutional way we elect presidents.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

The Popular vote is democratic and the will of the people as individuals. My vote ought to count the same as a vote by an Idaho voter, and it does not. To your point, the EC ought to reflect percentages, not winner talk all, IMO.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

The Popular vote is democratic and the will of the people as individuals. My vote ought to count the same as a vote by an Idaho voter, and it does not. To your point, the EC ought to reflect percentages, not winner talk all, IMO.

great, that's your opinion. The founders and many americans do not share that opinion. But you are free to express it.

land does not vote, people vote.
That's cute, but meaningless. What is or should be obvious is that the most populated states should not dictate to all states. That is the purpose of the EC. It worked fine.

Hillary lost because she was a poor candidate who had no credible record, no credible plans for improvement of the economy and nothing more than screaming criticisms of Trump. People all across the nation want what Trump offered...except for the big cities. Even New York State predominately wanted (and got) Trump despite the wishes of the vote-for-a-living welfare bums in NYC.

There is actually some truth in what you’re saying. People do want what Trump offered. The only problem is that Trump would be the first to tell you that he will not be able to deliver it.

As if any of you knuckleheads have a better plan than what the Founders came up with over 240 years ago. :talktothehand:

Yes. You elect the president the same way the states elect their governors. Or the same way my town elects the animal control officer, aka the dog catcher. Problem solved.

Can’t agree with you.

First understand there is no perfect system. The EC is as close as we will get.

The Electoral College prevents large population centers from dominating the nationwide elections. As much as I do not like the idea of a person in Wyoming’s vote counting more than a person in California’s vote, I feel it is preferable to a 60% turn out of the Bay Area usurping the entire populations of nearly the entire midwest from ND to Oklahoma… And that is just one megalopolis; Add in a 60% turn out from the Bay Area (4.2 million folks), to a 60% turn out of Los Angeles (13.2 Million), 60% of the NYC region (another 12 million folks) and in those 3 areas alone, you have turnout roughly equal to half of what a major party nominee can expect. We’re not even to discussing the closely aligned communities in the DFW Metroplex, South Florida, Chicagoland, etc… And again, I’m comparing percentages of these metro areas to entire states. No thanks.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

good post

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

The white majority pretty much does control everything that happens in this country and has done so from the beginning. Obama has changed very little.

A state like Wyoming gets 3 electoral votes with a population of less than 600,000, while
California gets 55 electoral votes with a population of more than 37 million. Thus California has a population that is 66x Wyoming, but only gets 18x the electoral college votes.
0.jpg

This was agreed to back at the formation of the country. The small states were not about to enter the Union unless there were some checks and balances on the larger states due to their much greater population. Remember, were called the "UNITED STATES" because we agreed to union under these rules, compromises which involved many checks and balances within the system. Sorry you don't like it, but it has worked out pretty well given this is the greatest country on earth.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

The only place where Wyoming's power is actually equal to that of California is within the U.S. Senate. They are way behind in the Electoral College and the U.S. House Of Representatives. Its true that on a per capita basis Wyoming gets more bang for the buck with its 3 electoral votes, but 3 Electoral votes is still far less than California's 55. 3 Electoral votes is not anywhere near is powerful as 55 no matter how you stack it.

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

Your vote counts the same as any other vote in your state. The winner of that popular vote in your state determines which candidate gets those electoral votes.

The fact is, the United States would never have been formed if the small states did not get some rights and protections from the power of the big states. That is why every state in the Union, regardless of the size of its population, always receives a minimum of one House Representative, and two U.S. Senators, which will always give it a minimum of 3 electoral votes. California still gets benefits from its huge population with 53 Representatives in the House which also gives it 53 electoral votes, + then 2 more electoral votes for each of its Senators. So every state weather small or large gets something that is beneficial. It is a compromise, a system of checks and balances, without which, this county would never have formed. After 240 years, I'd say its worked pretty well.

The Popular vote is democratic and the will of the people as individuals.
If this were a democracy, and the President were elected by the"will of the people as individuals", you might have a point.
He isn't, so you don't..

Ah, another echo of the RW meme. How common & how thoughtless.

Poli Sci 1A was not part of the education of those who echo this half-truth. In truth we are a nation designed by the founders as a democratic republic; and the reason for this is no better understood than how the two CU decisions have fundamentally impacted our elections.

I know this post is too abstract for the thoughtless, who will offer a simple and inaccurate rebuttal, and the dumber of them will post idiot-grams built on logical fallacies & echoes of ignorance.

If this were a democracy, and the President were elected by the"will of the people as individuals", you might have a point.
He isn't, so you don't..

Poli Sci 1A was not part of the education of those who echo this half-truth. In truth we are a nation designed by the founders as a democratic republic; and the reason for this is no better understood than how the two CU decisions have fundamentally impacted our elections.

I know this post is too abstract for the thoughtless, who will offer a simple and inaccurate rebuttal, and the dumber of them will post idiot-grams built on logical fallacies & echoes of ignorance.
I see the Foolish Child has evolved to a Childish Fool. Congrats.
In any event, all you've done here is prove my statement correct. Well done.

He isn't, so you don't..

I see the Foolish Child has evolved to a Childish Fool. Congrats.
In any event, all you've done here is prove my statement correct. Well done.

My prediction in the last paragraph is proved!

Trump won 3,084 of them.

Clinton won 57.

Trump won 46 of them.

Clinton won 16.

The white majority pretty much does control everything that happens in this country and has done so from the beginning. Obama has changed very little.

On the one hand you are whining that the majority should control, and then in the next post you bitch about the majority controlling. Which is it?

Forum List

Back