Here is a Radical Idea - make college more affordable!

You are obviously a go getter

Only difference is you would have been a go getter with a degree

Sure. And there's not a single thing that guarantees I would've done better at life. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty much killin' it right now. Yes, I'm a go-getter. I've worked hard. But a work ethic is not something a college degree can instill in someone. Some lazy fuck with a college degree is always gonna' be suckin' hind-tit compared to a hard worker with a GED.

If I had to decide which guy to give a $100K a year job to, it'd be the guy with the GED, every fucking time...

Last edited:
Why should I or any other taxpayer pay for an adult's room and board, particularly when that adult will go on to likely make more money than the people who don't go, yet have to pay for their housing?

Here is a more radical idea. How about make college less necessary, which for most jobs it simply isn't needed?
My taxes pay for a lot of things I disagree with. I digress.

If you knock out the BS degrees and classes, and have college degrees focus on more useful skills and degrees such engineering, coding, economics, business administration, finance, science, mathematics, etc. then our colleges will produce more skillful workers that we are sorely lacking.

More skillful and educated future American generations that need to compete with China, Korea, the EU, Japan, Australia and other emerging economies is well worth the tax investment!

I am unsure if they will go on to make more seeing a plumber make a shit load of money if properly trained ( yes, pun intended! ) while someone that teaches will make less…

Now as for paying for someone free room and board, well that is what the parent is for and if the parent can’t join the Military…
If you cherry pick professions, but statistically people with a college degree make significantly more money than those without

My taxes pay for a lot of things I disagree with. I digress.

If you knock out the BS degrees and classes, and have college degrees focus on more useful skills and degrees such engineering, coding, economics, business administration, finance, science, mathematics, etc. then our colleges will produce more skillful workers that we are sorely lacking.

More skillful and educated future American generations that need to compete with China, Korea, the EU, Japan, Australia and other emerging economies is well worth the tax investment!
no one gets personal loans paid for out of tax payer money.

Its very affordable for people with the brains and work ethic to actually belong in college!!

I disagree sir. an educated society is a better society. If you have a family or care about people at all, you want them to be educated and ready to help move society in a positive direction.

Secondly, education is always "necessary" to a good life.

If people were actually being educated and that education was actually helping them in their chosen professions I would agree with you, but what passes for universities today largely are nothing more than overly expensive diploma mills. I have an MBA and probably 90% of what I do today I learned on the job. Most people in the business world simply don't need a four year degree to do their job. We need to raise the bar in high school and then a two year business degree should be more than acceptable. It's up to employers to start making that change.

Have the state pay for room and board… have idea professional auditors review the books and cut cost. Have college cost no more the. $5k a semesters, so $10k a year.

And did go sakes only have classes that matter! Stop the meaningless degrees!

Don’t cancel student loans, or make college free. Make it affordable!
College costs exploded once Predatory Lender Barack had the Federal Government take over student loans

Some lazy fuck with a college degree is always gonna' be suckin' hind-tit compared to a hard worker with a GED.

If I had to decide which guy to give a $100K a year job to, it'd be the guy with the GED, every fucking time...

One guy was motivated enough to attend college and do the work to get a degree

The other guy wasn’t even motivated enough to get up and attend High School

One guy was motivated enough to attend college and do the work to get a degree

The other guy wasn’t even motivated enough to get up and attend High School

I've got several employees who have GED's. There's no shortage of reasons why they didn't get their traditional diploma, and none of them were because they were too lazy to go to school.

And being motivated enough to attend college doesn't really impress me. Be motivated to attend college, graduate, and then do something productive and of value with your education, and then I'll be impressed...

You are obviously a go getter

Only difference is you would have been a go getter with a degree
He is referring to your post #51:
"As a group, those with college degrees do better in life than those without.
That is disputable"

I've got several employees who have GED's. There's no shortage of reasons why they didn't get their traditional diploma, and none of them were because they were too lazy to go to school.

And being motivated enough to attend college doesn't really impress me. Be motivated to attend college, graduate, and then do something productive and of value with your education, and then I'll be impressed...
Too much reefer leads to GED

Forum List

Back