Here we go again!

How about cutting welfare and working towards cutting waste?

We've cut our science and tech programs to the bones. The eu is starting to kick our ass. This isn't the way a super power acts.

I would start with waste. Everything else can be spent at the rate it is now if we cut waste,

John Boehner: No Debt Ceiling Hike Without Spending Cuts

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Tuesday that the House would not vote to raise the debt ceiling without spending cuts, setting up a potential fight with President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats.

"We're not going to raise the debt ceiling without real cuts in spending. It's as simple as that," he said at a press conference.

He says this now, but we all know that at the 11th hour, he'll cave like the spineless coward he is and agree to a debt ceiling increase without cuts.

Makes sense to me to cut spending. The more you can cut, the less you borrow from China - which by the way, is a very bad idea. Time to get our financial house in order. Why not make it a law that you can't spend any more than what you take in by means of taxes? You can't run your household the same way the government is running the country. You'd be out on the street in short order. I agree with the Speaker of the House.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Tuesday that the House would not vote to raise the debt ceiling without spending cuts, setting up a potential fight with President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats.

"We're not going to raise the debt ceiling without real cuts in spending. It's as simple as that," he said at a press conference.

I'll believe that when I see it, at best we'll get another spurious "deal" whereby "cuts" to increases of an already stimulus inflated baseline budget are offered, followed closely by the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the statists who claim the world will end because of them. I don't believe the Republicans as a whole are any more interested in actually reducing spending in any significant way than Democrats are, both parties are too enamored with feeding at the public trough to have the discipline required for it.

"Economic history is a long record of government policies that failed because they were designed with a bold disregard for the laws of economics." -- Ludwig Von Mises

Forum List

Back