Here We Go: Teacher Shortages 22-23

I joined the local high school PTA as treasurer to give back (I think I am the only dude), during the first meeting they were saying how many had left. We generally lost the entire math, computer departments to private business, and a whole slew of teachers were burned out from covid remote teaching and bailed.

Here we call them instructional assistants. They are paraprofessionals that require either 60 Credit House/Associated Degree or have passed the ETS Paraprofessional Examination.

Let me check something real quick... BRB.
OK. Around here an IA makes between $13,000 on the low end and our highest is around $21,000.

Most are in the $14K to $17K range.

WW

It's awful. We just....we can't go on like this. The disparity between those who do so little and make so much, and those who do so much, and make so little. We just can't go on. And we will not.

I joined the local high school PTA as treasurer to give back (I think I am the only dude), during the first meeting they were saying how many had left. We generally lost the entire math, computer departments to private business, and a whole slew of teachers were burned out from covid remote teaching and bailed.

Thank you--we NEED parents like you at schools. We love dads, never doubt that just because you see so many women. Despite what is said about me here--I love my job. This would be year--oh heck--29 for me and I'm STILL excited to go back.

I post these threads about low pay, endlessly long hours, ridiculous work loads and student behavior concerns BECAUSE my beloved profession is suffering. Soon after I started, schools decided we should not just educate but also become Child Rearing Institutions as well. That has turned out as poorly as you might imagine, has burned out experienced teachers and caused potential ones to turn away. Rightly so.

We can't do that. No one can. No one can raise and educate 25 or 100 or 200 children simultaneously.

Pick one, America.

Sue just remember the majority of people are in your corner. Teachers have my support. My wife was one and my daughter is on the end of her career. Had her husband not run off after their second child she'd be retired already. That being said just keep up the good work. There are always those who want to tear you down.

It's awful. We just....we can't go on like this. The disparity between those who do so little and make so much, and those who do so much, and make so little. We just can't go on. And we will not.

OR maybe it is time to privatize the whole thing, and be done with it. Here, parents, have a voucher, send your kid to a school you like. I'm personally not a fan of vouchers, but I get tired of the professional education establishment cranking out dummies and thinking they deserve a raise.

I post these threads about low pay, endlessly long hours, ridiculous work loads and student behavior concerns BECAUSE my beloved profession is suffering. Soon after I started, schools decided we should not just educate but also become Child Rearing Institutions as well. That has turned out as poorly as you might imagine, has burned out experienced teachers and caused potential ones to turn away. Rightly so.
Yet you support the people who would slash education funding to give tax breaks to billionaires.

OR maybe it is time to privatize the whole thing, and be done with it. Here, parents, have a voucher, send your kid to a school you like. I'm personally not a fan of vouchers, but I get tired of the professional education establishment cranking out dummies and thinking they deserve a raise.

Yet you support the people who would slash education funding to give tax breaks to billionaires.
When billionaires get tax breaks average folk lose.

Nope. She was a teacher. She worked with a few dingbats and union pawns.

She belonged to the union though didn't she? And paid her dues and everything. Right?

Yes?

I DO NOT.

I am a public school teacher who does NOT belong to the NEA or any public education union.

Now, tell me about your wife....if you dare.

She belonged to the union though didn't she? And paid her dues and everything. Right?

Yes?

I DO NOT.

I am a public school teacher who does NOT belong to the NEA or any public education union.

She has no choice. Her union dues were deducted. I've belonged to unions. I have no problem with unions as long as they do what they're supposed to do. The Teacher unions in many places don't give a damn about education.

Yes?

I DO NOT.

Good for you. What do you mean tell you about my wife? What do you want to know?

Terrible analogy. If you want to change the Constitution, there's a process. The Constitution isn't corrupt. Teacher unions are. Moron.
A Diploma Dumbo Gets a Good Job, But He Doesn't Do a Good Job

Ambitious imbeciles who suck their thumbs in college in order to get overpaid in white-collar jobs know they're pulling a fast one. So they have a desperate need to put down unions for getting blue-collar workers a better and well-deserved share of the revenue. A degree is nothing to be proud of, so you have no reason to be such a Job Snob.

A Diploma Dumbo Gets a Good Job, But He Doesn't Do a Good Job

Ambitious imbeciles who suck their thumbs in college in order to get overpaid in white-collar jobs know they're pulling a fast one. So they have a desperate need to put down unions for getting blue-collar workers a better and well-deserved share of the revenue. A degree is nothing to be proud of, so you have no reason to be such a Job Snob.
I'm not anti trade unions. I'm anti teacher's unions and ALL government unions.

You want people to teach, and we'll, for nothing. Because that's the typical outlook in america. Public employees shouldn't have a pension nor insurance or anything. Backwards. Always been the outlook. Dumb. Ignorant. But it's the way people think.
Union of Self-Centered Sissies in Suitcoats

Notice how the economic elitists switch from what is a cultural problem to their pet laissez-faire union-hating obsession. More proof that white-collar college graduates are defective in logic.

She has no choice. Her union dues were deducted. I've belonged to unions. I have no problem with unions as long as they do what they're supposed to do. The Teacher unions in many places don't give a damn about education.
All the King's Whores and All the King's Men

This dumbing-down is solely the fault of the superintendents and principals, who are ordered to weaken the younger generation by a decadent upper class. Slaves to the plutocrats in the other sectors get brownie points with their Masters by blaming it on teachers' unions.

I'm a free market gal. I think the answer to that question is: are we attracting people to the job for that salary.

We are not. Not even in middle Tennessee. Young people are not going into teaching. And I will tell you: it's no longer about the benefits either. They have slashed my teacher benefits to the point that both my kids, working in Corporate America just out of college (ages 25 and 23), get better benefits than I do.
DACA Caca

The shortage is caused by being forced by the government traitors to teach the little bandidos of immigration criminals.

So you want to criticize me, and I do NOT belong to the union even though I'm a public school teacher. Yet your wife DID belong to the union and that was fine. Because her dues were "deducted".

Uh huh.

You are discredited here.

So you want to criticize me, and I do NOT belong to the union even though I'm a public school teacher. Yet your wife DID belong to the union and that was fine. Because her dues were "deducted".

Uh huh.

You are discredited here.
I said she had no choice. What time did you start drinking today?

The only thing I can say is that I wish I had grown up in Texas with how so many Female Teachers are busted yearly for having improper sex with a Student!
Because It Is Work Without Pay, College Is for Teenagers Who Are Afraid to Grow Up

Nice-looking teachers, too. No one dares to analyze this realistically. Those women are college graduates, so they expected to date and marry college graduates. They soon found out how petty, selfish, and unmasculine the grads are. That's what drove them to go wild.

Forum List

Back