here's a link to the police scanner

I can't get this because our internet is so damn slow at the lake house but just talked to our son who lives in Cambridge. Apparently the search is taking place not far from the hotel where we usually stay and they still can't go out.

They were traveling, heard from news, us and friends about the bombing. They flew back to Boston last night late, fell in to bed exhausted and had no idea the city was locked down until we told them.

Two adults and two pre-school age grand kids locked in all day ...

Actually, their very creative and have put the day to good use. More than I can say.

There is practically non-stop chatter on that channel. They are doing a house to house search for the bomber. Every law enforcement agency (local, state, and federal) is involved.

There is practically non-stop chatter on that channel. They are doing a house to house search for the bomber. Every law enforcement agency (local, state, and federal) is involved.

TV says they're about 60-70% through the houses.

Is that what you get from the scanner?

Just heard, "Suspect in custody. Appears to be who we are looking for."

Then, "The white hat guy."

Lot of people demanding confirmation. No confirmation can be give "at this time". They have three or four people in custody.

Damned broadcast got interrupted by an ad. When I got back to the broadcast, they are talking about negotiating with some people, "trying to get them to come out one at a time".

"...last party is an elderly male. They're conducting field interviews now."

A lot of tired cops asking to be relieved. Some have been out there for 19 hours. Others asking for fresh radio batteries and where to fuel up their vehicles. One of them had an open mike on his radio. I heard him dropping the F-bomb. :lol:

Last edited:
HRT kicked in the door of someplace some time ago. The door is off its pins. The cops have been clearing the building since. Very thorough and methodical.

Last edited:
For some reason, there are search teams still searching house by house in Watertown. I guess until the suspect in custody is confirmed as the bad guy they have to keep going.

These guys are really tired.

A citizen has called in an unidentified backpack inside a metal box in the town of Belmont in Grove Street Park.

Forum List

Back