Herschel Walker Might Be the Difference for GOP Control

But there is only one problem with him winning: He sometimes talks.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican hopes of taking control of the U.S. Senate in November could hinge on former football star Herschel Walker, a first-time candidate endorsed by Donald Trump, whose campaign appears to be lagging behind other Republicans in Georgia.

A sports legend, the 60-year-old Walker secured the Republican nomination to run for the Senate for the state in May, seeing off five contenders. Republicans hoped his popularity and name recognition would translate into victory in what is likely to be a close race.

But he has been trailing Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock in most opinion polls, his campaign rocked by repeated policy gaffes and a string of controversies about his past, including allegations of domestic violence.

Walker is one of a handful of Trump-endorsed first-time Republican Senate candidates, also including TV personality Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania and author J.D. Vance in Ohio, who even senior Republicans say are weighing on the party's changes of recapturing Senate control.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, without naming individuals, has cited "candidate quality" as a reason why Republicans may struggle to capture the Senate, putting his party's odds of winning a Senate majority at 50-50.

Analysts say Walker has made himself an easy target for political attacks, with disjointed comments on issues from COVID-19 to climate. For instance, he attacked the recently-passed $430 billion climate and drug bill on Sunday, saying a lot of the money is "going to trees" and asking, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Don't we have enough trees around here?"

"Every time he opens his mouth about a policy issue, it sounds like a word salad. It's very convoluted and doesn't make sense sometimes," said Trey Hood, a political science professor at the University of Georgia.

Another racist Democrat who believes blacks belong to you and they don't have a right to leave the plantation, and if they don't get that, you'll relentlessly personally attack them. Imagine a day when blacks have the right to pick who they support because they are free.

You know how Democrats today are different than you were in Alabama in the 1950s? Neither do I

1661451640474.png

You can understand him if you are not the moron.
I dont understand this : You know, you talked about doing a disinformation -- what about getting a department that can look at young men that's looking at women that's looking at their social media. What about doing that?
So im the moron. Riiiiight :lol:

I dont understand this : You know, you talked about doing a disinformation -- what about getting a department that can look at young men that's looking at women that's looking at their social media. What about doing that?
So im the moron. Riiiiight :lol:
You certainly aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

It just shows the simplistic political strategy of Republicans
30 years ago, Walker was a big Football star at UGA

People will automatically vote for him without even looking

The slightest amount of vetting would have shown Walker is just not up to it. He can’t handle simple questions

It will give Democrats the Senate
I don't know, next door they elected someone whose only qualification for office is that he was a football coach. Walker is a football star.

I don't know, next door they elected someone whose only qualification for office is that he was a football coach. Walker is a football star.
Or a TV Doctor or Reality TV Host

They sure luv 'em some celebrities. I can't wait for the TV evangelists to enter the primary.

The Lord told me to walk away from television and SAVE this country!
Like the comedian Al Franken, or Clay Aiken. LOL! both sides have their celebs, quit pretending you are that ignorant.

They sure luv 'em some celebrities. I can't wait for the TV evangelists to enter the primary.

The Lord told me to walk away from television and SAVE this country!

My Pillow Guy

he is not….yet
Didn't think so, so unlike Jerry Springer, Melissa Gilbert, Dave Bing, Steven Quezada and Bill Bradley, he has not ran for office.

Seems Republicans and Democrats have their share of celebs running for office.

Morons like herschel walker assure Chuck Schumer his job, retardicans will lose lose Toomey's seat in PA, and likely to lose johnson's seat in WI. Biden's administration will get even more solid, ultimately the American people win...

1661469292673.png

But there is only one problem with him winning: He sometimes talks.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican hopes of taking control of the U.S. Senate in November could hinge on former football star Herschel Walker, a first-time candidate endorsed by Donald Trump, whose campaign appears to be lagging behind other Republicans in Georgia.

A sports legend, the 60-year-old Walker secured the Republican nomination to run for the Senate for the state in May, seeing off five contenders. Republicans hoped his popularity and name recognition would translate into victory in what is likely to be a close race.

But he has been trailing Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock in most opinion polls, his campaign rocked by repeated policy gaffes and a string of controversies about his past, including allegations of domestic violence.

Walker is one of a handful of Trump-endorsed first-time Republican Senate candidates, also including TV personality Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania and author J.D. Vance in Ohio, who even senior Republicans say are weighing on the party's changes of recapturing Senate control.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, without naming individuals, has cited "candidate quality" as a reason why Republicans may struggle to capture the Senate, putting his party's odds of winning a Senate majority at 50-50.

Analysts say Walker has made himself an easy target for political attacks, with disjointed comments on issues from COVID-19 to climate. For instance, he attacked the recently-passed $430 billion climate and drug bill on Sunday, saying a lot of the money is "going to trees" and asking, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Don't we have enough trees around here?"

"Every time he opens his mouth about a policy issue, it sounds like a word salad. It's very convoluted and doesn't make sense sometimes," said Trey Hood, a political science professor at the University of Georgia.

His Likeability and True Grit will capture attention in the least.
He doesn't have to be some Rhodes Scholar.Clinton was a
Rhodes Scholar.Pete Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar.
Rachel Maddow is the First American lesbian Rhodes Scholar.
Americans want and crave a dependable,proven american they
can count on to Play fair,talk turkey and be above board.
There is so many " Word Salad " democrats that it's overkill.
In fact,name for us a Democrat Pol who hasn't engaged in some
leftist " word salad " explanation.

His Likeability and True Grit will capture attention in the least.
He doesn't have to be some Rhodes Scholar.Clinton was a
Rhodes Scholar.Pete Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar.
Rachel Maddow is the First American lesbian Rhodes Scholar.
Americans want and crave a dependable,proven american they
can count on to Play fair,talk turkey and be above board.
There is so many " Word Salad " democrats that it's overkill.
In fact,name for us a Democrat Pol who hasn't engaged in some
leftist " word salad " explanation.
Clinton, Buttigieg and Maddow have a thorough understanding of the issues

Walker is clueless and makes it up as he goes along

Forum List

Back