Heterosexual Pride Day?

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Is heterosexual pride day really trending as a hashtag? Seriously? Let's think about that. Pride involves feeling accomplishment in a personal quality or achievement. What accomplishment is there in being heterosexual? Look, I welcome any of my friends who are more knowledgeable about this topic to correct me on this, but I believe the concept of having events like Pride and promoting gay pride stems from the accomplishment of facing bigotry and systemic discrimination and yet continuing to stand for what you believe and you are. That's an accomplishment. When is the last time a heterosexual male was beaten to death for being hetero? But gay/lesbian/queer individuals have endured that risk (and countless others), thus there is pride in owning that identity publicly. There's no "pride" in claiming heterosexuality. I didn't accomplish anything related to it. I'm happy to be "proud" of plenty of things in my life, but happening to be born hetero isn't one of them. ‪#‎stopthestupid‬

Is heterosexual pride day really trending as a hashtag? Seriously? Let's think about that. Pride involves feeling accomplishment in a personal quality or achievement. What accomplishment is there in being heterosexual? Look, I welcome any of my friends who are more knowledgeable about this topic to correct me on this, but I believe the concept of having events like Pride and promoting gay pride stems from the accomplishment of facing bigotry and systemic discrimination and yet continuing to stand for what you believe and you are. That's an accomplishment. When is the last time a heterosexual male was beaten to death for being hetero? But gay/lesbian/queer individuals have endured that risk (and countless others), thus there is pride in owning that identity publicly. There's no "pride" in claiming heterosexuality. I didn't accomplish anything related to it. I'm happy to be "proud" of plenty of things in my life, but happening to be born hetero isn't one of them. ‪#‎stopthestupid‬
I find it more humorous people are whining about it. Like you.

Are you saying you can only be righteously proud of what you are if somebody is picking on you?

This is probably the stupidest OP I've read for some time.

You're also a bigot.

Personally I think we should go with something that will really drive some people nuts. How about white, male, hetero-capitalist day?

Are you saying you can only be righteously proud of what you are if somebody is picking on you?

Yes it's the victimisation thing.

Oh Jesus. A bunch of middle aged, complacent overweight people wearing loincloths and funny hats. Marvelous.

Personally I think we should go with something that will really drive some people nuts. How about white, male, hetero-capitalist day?

Love it!

"Because 500 years of oppression wasn't enough"

There's your slogan.

Re-Read the post but slower this time and you will understand what i'm saying... Thats not it

This is confusing.

You can be proud of being born homosexual, but not proud of being born heterosexual?

Even tho neither had a choice?
You as well, read again but slower and you will understand... It's not about who you are its about what you've overcome.

You can count me in baby.....

pajama boy #2.png

I am the new and improved Liberal American male.

And the purpose being what??? Try and belittle and display your objections to the expression of pride from other minority groups that have actually fought oppression?

Great idea! Its people like you that add so many great things to our world!

Forum List

Back