Hey black America you're NOT disadvantaged!

The first black American President is hardly frivolous.

Hopefully, one day, in subsequent presidencies, the question of race, religion, ethnicity and sexual orientation will be frivolous.

Since we haven't had the first black president yet it is hard to know whether it is frivolous or not.
But you stop discriminating on the basis of race by stopping discriminating on the basis of race.

So you are claiming Obama cannot be construed as a black person.

What are you basing this on?

Race, by the way, is little more than physical characteristics.

It has no bearing on intellect or ability.

People are not "construed". Obama is mixed race. His mother is white, his father is a black African. Other than some physical features and melanin content he has little to do with average American blacks. Clarence Thomas is actually black.

Hopefully, one day, in subsequent presidencies, the question of race, religion, ethnicity and sexual orientation will be frivolous.

The irony that you're arguing conservatives are racist, while crowing that blacks elected a guy because of the color of his skin. I don't care who the President is, what color, religion, race, sex, orientation or anything else, I care what they do for my liberty. But democrats are all running around saying "we elected the black guy!, you're a bunch of racists because you just care about skin color!"

Sure swallow, that makes us racists and you not.

I guess we are done here.

Intelligent conversation with you is impossible at this point.

:eusa_whistle:

That is true, it is. Intelligent conversation with you was impossible from the beginning.

First Asian president
First Jewish President
First Mormon president.

WHo cares? What difference does it make? I dont care whether Bill Clinton was the first black president or Obama is the first gay president.

Exactly, that was my point. The Democrats seem to be uncommonly proud of frivolous achievements.

The sad fact that a person whose mother was a white woman, (usually a criterion for ethnicity) who was raised by white grandparents, because his oh-so-loving black father abandoned him, is considered black is ignoring reality, which is not surprising because for Democrats every person is seen through the prism of unbridled racism.

As a white person I think I am entitled be just as proud to call the President Obama white as any black person is proud to call him black.

What I want an answer to is this: We are told that to understand the Black Community, we have to take into account the history they bring with them to this time and place. If that is so, then where in the Black History of the Blacks living in America do we find Blacks preying on Blacks?

That is what is taking place. Blacks are preying on Blacks. So, why isn't the Black Community dealing with that issue? Why are they looking to 'someone' to fix this problem for them? Why are they (they being Black Leaders) not taking a stand, in the Black Community, to stop the violence that their race is taking out on their race?

Instead, they point to the Federal Government to 'fix it'. That's just ridiculous to me. All they want to talk about is the ugliness that white men once foisted on them 150 years ago.

That is so very obtuse to me. It's not honest and it's not the problem. The problem is blacks preying on blacks.

Damn, I am just tired of this shit.

Look, Mathews. Stop grouping an entire race of people in one bucket. It is annoying.

What I want an answer to is this: We are told that to understand the Black Community, we have to take into account the history they bring with them to this time and place. If that is so, then where in the Black History of the Blacks living in America do we find Blacks preying on Blacks?

That is what is taking place. Blacks are preying on Blacks. So, why isn't the Black Community dealing with that issue? Why are they looking to 'someone' to fix this problem for them? Why are they (they being Black Leaders) not taking a stand, in the Black Community, to stop the violence that their race is taking out on their race?

Instead, they point to the Federal Government to 'fix it'. That's just ridiculous to me. All they want to talk about is the ugliness that white men once foisted on them 150 years ago.

That is so very obtuse to me. It's not honest and it's not the problem. The problem is blacks preying on blacks.

Segregation led to a completely different culture taking root. The "Black leaders" aren't leading anyone. I expect those problems will persist until people in those communities put an end to them.

And this is an example of the ignorance and hate the president was addressing; and the refusal on the part of white conservatives to engage in a good faith debate with African-Americans about their legitimate concerns with regard to race relations.

Instead they get the same moronic, useless rhetoric from the right as exhibited above.

Advise to Black Americans from White racists.

Very helpful, that.

Didn't take long for that to be played.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/RACE-CARD.jpg

He is a racist. Don't be naive, and don't shelter him.

The dude has made countless posts on how inferior the "black species" are compared to white people. How unintelligent they are, how violent they are.

He has nothing but ill things to sa.

Shame on the people who thought he'd actually changed... I knew it was impossible for him to do so.

And this is an example of the ignorance and hate the president was addressing; and the refusal on the part of white conservatives to engage in a good faith debate with African-Americans about their legitimate concerns with regard to race relations.

Instead they get the same moronic, useless rhetoric from the right as exhibited above.

If I'm addressing facts, which I am, then tell me how my comment is ignorant? Do you dispute that Blacks are preying on Blacks? And, if so, why?

Race relations can only be discussed once both sides have a clean back yard. You are to clean your own back yard before looking over your fence at your neighbor's back yard, is that not so?

The only disadvantage blacks have in our society is self inflicted. They do not for the most part believe in themselves mainly because of people like Al Sharpton continually telling them they are oppressed.

Since we haven't had the first black president yet it is hard to know whether it is frivolous or not.
But you stop discriminating on the basis of race by stopping discriminating on the basis of race.

So you are claiming Obama cannot be construed as a black person.

What are you basing this on?

Race, by the way, is little more than physical characteristics.

It has no bearing on intellect or ability.

People are not "construed". Obama is mixed race. His mother is white, his father is a black African. Other than some physical features and melanin content he has little to do with average American blacks. Clarence Thomas is actually black.

You seriously do not know what you are talking about.

Most "American Blacks" have European Roots as well.

Which is part of the reason few "American Blacks" share very little of the characteristics seen in "African Blacks".

Check out the name "Thomas".

Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Thomas

USAGE: English, French, German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Greek, Biblical, Biblical Latin, Biblical Greek

OTHER SCRIPTS: Θωμας (Greek)

PRONOUNCED: TAHM-əs (English), TOM-əs (English), to-MAH (French), TO-mahs (German, Dutch), tho-MAHS (Greek) [key]

The only disadvantage blacks have in our society is self inflicted. They do not for the most part believe in themselves mainly because of people like Al Sharpton continually telling them they are oppressed.

I would later it slightly and say the only disadvantage blacks have ... over anyone else ... is self inflicted. Life isn't fair. No one gets a medal for recognizing that. But you work, you keep trying, you overcome.

Failure is not falling down, failure is not getting up again...

I think that your assertion is inaccurate. What percentage of Black people actually "follow" Al Sharpton? If this is any indicator; he has 137k likes on Facebook. So lets be conservative and say that there are only 2 million Black people who use facebook, what percentage of Black people does the 137k represent?

Advise to Black Americans from White racists.

Very helpful, that.

When are we going to have that honest conversation about race relations that AG Holder was talking about?

This is their way to keep honest whites from talking about how victimhood is over. We will never have that honest discussion until the left doesn't want to use it for political points(advantage).

I would later it slightly and say the only disadvantage blacks have ... over anyone else ... is self inflicted. Life isn't fair. No one gets a medal for recognizing that. But you work, you keep trying, you overcome.

Failure is not falling down, failure is not getting up again...

Bingo,

The left doesn't realize this as they can't accept it. But this is a the honest truth.

Why not treat them equally within the eyes of the law
Why not treat theme equally when voting time comes
Why not treat them equally at the job
Why not treat them equally at school
Why not treat them equally all around?

You democrats seem to want to make excuses. This entire Zimmerman protest are to feed me a bill of goods telling me how I don't have a right to self defense??? You want less blacks in prison but you still want to commit crime? Equal is equal. The cuffs go on a white hand, black hand, Asian hand etc.

You democrats want to somehow push race into everything but MLK wanted us to be a society that was color blind. Who are the true racist?

Last edited:
I never claimed to be 'disadvantaged' nor have the people in my family who are Black...................

I think the real statement should be, "Hey Matthew, you're not disadvantaged ! no matter what you tell yourself " :razz:

Yep,

We're all equal. If I robbed the banks I'd go to prison as fast as a black guy. ;)

Forum List

Back