🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

hey , good old Rush LIMBAUGH is on telly right now

Golden mic , its just an example [symbolic or accurate] of Rush's enormous wealth [made on Radio] and the lefties hate his wealth so I just bring it up fer grins Pogo .

It's an ElectroVoice RE-20 actually. Am I to understand Lush Rimjob actually brought his own mic to an interview? What, Fox Noise can't afford a decent microphone?

Not at all unusual for professional broadcasters to favor certain microphones. I once had an old RCA ribbon mic I had rebuilt at least twice and kept it with me as I moved up. In more recent years I have come to treasure one particular Sennheiser MD221 which is far more portable and considerably more rugged than the 44 (which I keep as a sort of pet)

I don't blame you keeping the ribbon around - you're not likely to find that pre-installed.

Sennheiser's mics do seem to be always durable, if pedestrian-sounding.

Whoops!

I meant to type md 441' long discontinued.

sennheiser MD 441

That's supposed to be a link to pix on google images but this is a borrowed tablet I'm using so to see it you may need to direct to Google Images.

I do agree on the sound of today's Sennheisers - "pedestrian" is quite kind.

441 is easily tailored to individual tastes.

Bought mine for about 250 becks decades ago. Most recent used prive I saw was around 1300!

Here 'tis -- $900 on Amazon....
md441u.jpg

How ya like this one, Pismoe? Doesn't look like much but it's worth two RE-20s. :)

he just talks about his GOLDEN mic Pogo and I liked seeing it displayed to the world of tv watchers that saw the segment !!
So typical of the Right, distracted by shiny objects and oblivious to what was said.

Like there was no choke hold, he couldn't breath because of "carotid restriction." And the DittoTards will swallow it whole insisting we breath through our carotid artery!!! :cuckoo:

"It might have been carotid restriction, but it was not a chokehold."
- Rush Limbaugh, December 7, 2014, FOX with Mike Wallace

How can they be distracted by shiny objects when he is on the radio and they can't see any shiny objects.

I agree, but the OP keeps going on and on about the mic. I don't know why.
Thanks for the video Peach. I see he got all gussied up for the teevee, and also that he's committing a cardinal sin of the radio studio -- not wearing headphones. Perhaps Radio Shack was out of the diamond-studded pearl-inlaid model...

Heard Lush on the radio today waxing eloquent about his afterglow. He was pointing out "what you don't see in the video is how hot I am". Nothing if not predictable.

The mic thing is because this is first time radio listeners got to see it after it had been talked about on his radio show.

like I said earler , I've heard that Rush's golden mic may be solid gold with diamond inlays Pogo . Special , made specifically fer El Rushbo !!

Golden mic , its just an example [symbolic or accurate] of Rush's enormous wealth [made on Radio] and the lefties hate his wealth so I just bring it up fer grins Pogo .

Where do you get that idea?
Actually I never saw it as a "symbol of wealth" -- I see it as ostentatious egotism, which is never an admirable trait.

He didn't buy it anyway -- ElectroVoice gave it to him. Smart move on their part -- they couldn't have bought this kind of publicity for ten times the cost. You're prolly hunting one down in eBay right now, amirite?

he just talks about his GOLDEN mic Pogo and I liked seeing it displayed to the world of tv watchers that saw the segment !!
So typical of the Right, distracted by shiny objects and oblivious to what was said.

Like there was no choke hold, he couldn't breath because of "carotid restriction." And the DittoTards will swallow it whole insisting we breath through our carotid artery!!! :cuckoo:

How can they be distracted by shiny objects when he is on the radio and they can't see any shiny objects.

Thanks for the video Peach. I see he got all gussied up for the teevee, and also that he's committing a cardinal sin of the radio studio -- not wearing headphones. Perhaps Radio Shack was out of the diamond-studded pearl-inlaid model...

Heard Lush on the radio today waxing eloquent about his afterglow. He was pointing out "what you don't see in the video is how hot I am". Nothing if not predictable.

The mic thing is because this is first time radio listeners got to see it after it had been talked about on his radio show.

Hard to see how that would be -- I've seen it for years. Isn't his show videotaped?

Hard to see how that would be -- I've seen it for years. Isn't his show videotaped?

I don't know, he is on the web but you have to pay for it.
Most just listen to the radio.

.boy , glad I talked about the EIB Golden mic , some people sure are interested in it [funny] !! Any way , Rush is doing good , author of educational books , smoker of premium ceegars and the host of very important and very popular radio show . Even the prez listens to Rush's show. --- and Rush is immensely wealthy !!

like I said earler , I've heard that Rush's golden mic may be solid gold with diamond inlays Pogo . Special , made specifically fer El Rushbo !!

Eh - don't think so. Electrovoice designed and assembled that thing before there was a Rash Blimpo show. Hell, I was on the air with one before he was, as was most of the rest of broadcast talent (and still is). All EV did was put a special plating on one and put it somewhere they knew it would get seen. For all his bluster about doing what he does so he can charge "confiscatory ad rates", here he is giving ElectroVoice perpetual advertising absolutely free. Well, not free but for the cost of a mic which for them is a couple of hundred bucks.

Kind of like, if you want to spread a rumor, you go to that neighborhood gossip and say, "don't tell anybody but..." and let the gossip do their thing.

They're all over YouTube. Especially when he pulls a Fluke.

[funny] , people sure are interested in Rush's Golden mic and that's fer sure !!

yeah , Rush is quite the business man , an entrepreneur I guess Pogo .

boy , glad I talked about the EIB Golden mic , some people sure are interested in it [funny] !! Any way , Rush is doing good , author of educational books , smoker of premium ceegars and the host of very important and very popular radio show . Even the prez listens to Rush's show !!

Where did you hear that about the Prez?
I think you just made that up. :)
A whole bunch of people listen to him though right, middle and left.

aw , just speculation plus if I was prez i'd listen to Rush , why not Peach . Guy goes golfin , why not listen to ol Rush while golfing , see wot the frenemy has to say .

don't know Pogo , who da heck is micheal j. fox ??

He's an actor with Parkinson's disease whose condition Limpblob mocked in front of that golden mic.

Actually I thought the point about Lush's fidgeting was an allusion to this incident. Maybe not.
I watched my Dad deteriorate from Parkinson's for the last ten years of his life, so maybe I just remember this episode better than most do.

(Peach -- this is one of those aforementioned videos)

Last edited:
boy , glad I talked about the EIB Golden mic , some people sure are interested in it [funny] !! Any way , Rush is doing good , author of educational books , smoker of premium ceegars and the host of very important and very popular radio show . Even the prez listens to Rush's show !!

Where did you hear that about the Prez?
I think you just made that up. :)
A whole bunch of people listen to him though right, middle and left.

Interestingly, at the beginning of the video Peach posted, Chris Wallace repeats the old "20 million listeners" line, which has no known documentation at all, its only source being Limpjaw himself. Not exactly an Excellence in Journalism moment.

Don't ask me Pogo :dunno:
Some people don't have a computer.

Eh - don't think so. Electrovoice designed and assembled that thing before there was a Rash Blimpo show. Hell, I was on the air with one before he was, as was most of the rest of broadcast talent (and still is). All EV did was put a special plating on one and put it somewhere they knew it would get seen. For all his bluster about doing what he does so he can charge "confiscatory ad rates", here he is giving ElectroVoice perpetual advertising absolutely free. Well, not free but for the cost of a mic which for them is a couple of hundred bucks.

Kind of like, if you want to spread a rumor, you go to that neighborhood gossip and say, "don't tell anybody but..." and let the gossip do their thing.
Porky is truly America's Gossip!
Thanks!

Don't ask me Pogo :dunno:
Some people don't have a computer.

I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and speculate that 100% of the posters on this site have a computer. Call it a hunch. :D

Forum List

Back