Hey, I just thought up a crazy idea. But it might improve race relations drasticly!

I think doing this would drasticly help race relations, if....

OK

Here it is: How about we Black folks just forgive America, or White folks ---about slavery?

Tell me what you think....

A lot of people already have, I have to wonder if maybe those are the ones who find more success in life

I will go first.

I was once of victim of black on white crime.

I forgive Black America.

I've done what I can.

This woman is a genius. THIS would end racism. Every child should experience this exercise. This is the documentary. It is nearly an hour long. Pass up a TV show tonight and watch it. Watch those children.
A Class Divided

Won't work. Sorry, but you can't change the thinking of many Southern rednecks who don't like those folks who are different from them.

I mean, sure................the Blacks can forgive the country for slavery, but how will that change white racist attitudes towards them?

It won't.

I don't know any white racists.

I sure do know a lot of black racists.

Maybe ending racism would be a good thing? I mean, not for the democratic party obviously, but for America..

No mirrors in your house, huh? And, I doubt you know even one black person. If you do, I'm sure they refuse to acknowledge knowing you.

:bsflag:
:asshole:

Won't work. Sorry, but you can't change the thinking of many Southern rednecks who don't like those folks who are different from them.

I mean, sure................the Blacks can forgive the country for slavery, but how will that change white racist attitudes towards them?

It won't.

I don't know any white racists.

I sure do know a lot of black racists.

Maybe ending racism would be a good thing? I mean, not for the democratic party obviously, but for America..

No mirrors in your house, huh? And, I doubt you know even one black person. If you do, I'm sure they refuse to acknowledge knowing you.

:bsflag:
:asshole:

Whats sad is that really is the best you can do.... :eusa_whistle:

It won't.

Actually, the Southern rednecks as you call them don't seem to have as much trouble with the Black folks as you folks in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and other northern Democratic run cities do. But that's none of my concern. The races seem to get along just fine here in Pensacola, Florida where I live. No riots, no protests, no cops being ambushed.

Meridian MS, I was in PN "A" School for the U.S. Navy, and had a room mate who was black. Well, every other weekend we'd go to either a rock and roll place (one I picked), or a rap/disco joint (one LA picked). Well, one night we went to a place I'd picked called "Pott's Place" where they had a kick ass band. Both LA and I were wearing our uniforms (still early in A school), and I got in, but LA ended up having an axe handle block him from going in. I asked the bouncer why he couldn't come in, and was told that no "darkies" were allowed in a whites only club.

Millington TN, I was stationed there for 4 years, and for 2 years I lived in a place called Tipton County, which was one county up from Millington. Why? The rent was cheap. Guess what was on the sign announcing they'd crossed into Tipton county? That's right.........it told black people to not be in the county after dark.

There are also places like that here in Texas.

Yes, the African Americans can forgive the whites or America for slavery, but how is forgiving those who did that to their people going to change the attitudes of those who did it in the first place?

Sorry, but in this situation, it takes 2 to tango, and you've got to change the attitudes of BOTH.
Bullshit. The vast majority of white people never owned slaves. Also, many whites were slaves and many blacks owned slaves.

And another thing, more whites than blacks have been enslaved in America.

OK

Here it is: How about we Black folks just forgive America, or White folks ---about slavery?

That's just crazy talk, Uncle Tom.:D

It would initially be more helpful to the blacks to give up the victim mentality and result in more self-respect, and would eventually incur respect from more whites...a win win.:thup:

OK

It would initially be more helpful to the blacks to give up the victim mentality and result in more self-respect, and would eventually incur respect from more whites...a win win.:thup:

I think we are going in the same direction. I'm trying to take small simple steps, you are drag racing.

OK

That wont work because thats not the only thing they did. Whites have an inferiority complex and they cant resist creating obstacles for Blacks. If it was just slavery and whites were over their inferiority complex things would already be resolved.

It won't.
It wont. Not one white alive today owned a slave but you cant tell by all the racists.

OK

while I dont care about white respect I do agree that Black people need to stop playing the victim. There are some truths in life here in the US. Whites are typically racist. Whites own most of the opportunities. Whites control the systems (legal, executive, legislative..etc) white school systems are an abysmal failure at addressing the needs of Black children. Ok so now what are you going do? It makes no sense to whine to people that suffer so deeply from an inferiority complex they do their best to handicap you. You out work their asses and achieve while showing them how weak they are.

Ain't happening. Slavery is a final fall-back position most blacks aren't ready to give up.
Like I've said before, the Civil War never ended.

Yeah. I'm a Seminole and the Blacks hate me because I don't play the victim card.
You are part Black and we laugh at you because you are an uncle tonto.

No. You are pissed because I don't follow your model of blaming others for my status in life nor constantly play the race and victim card like you do.

Bullshit. The vast majority of white people never owned slaves. Also, many whites were slaves and many blacks owned slaves.

And another thing, more whites than blacks have been enslaved in America.

Listen Mister - facts have no place in this dialogue! Puddly Pillowbite is a victim, A VICTIM I tells ya....
:rofl:

White folks of today have nothing to be forgiven for with regards to slavery since we didn't do anything.

Blacks just need to get someone else's chip off of their shoulder.

OK

Since we white folk had nothing to do with slavery, what is there to forgive?

It won't.

Actually, the Southern rednecks as you call them don't seem to have as much trouble with the Black folks as you folks in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and other northern Democratic run cities do. But that's none of my concern. The races seem to get along just fine here in Pensacola, Florida where I live. No riots, no protests, no cops being ambushed.

Meridian MS, I was in PN "A" School for the U.S. Navy, and had a room mate who was black. Well, every other weekend we'd go to either a rock and roll place (one I picked), or a rap/disco joint (one LA picked). Well, one night we went to a place I'd picked called "Pott's Place" where they had a kick ass band. Both LA and I were wearing our uniforms (still early in A school), and I got in, but LA ended up having an axe handle block him from going in. I asked the bouncer why he couldn't come in, and was told that no "darkies" were allowed in a whites only club.

Millington TN, I was stationed there for 4 years, and for 2 years I lived in a place called Tipton County, which was one county up from Millington. Why? The rent was cheap. Guess what was on the sign announcing they'd crossed into Tipton county? That's right.........it told black people to not be in the county after dark.

There are also places like that here in Texas.

Yes, the African Americans can forgive the whites or America for slavery, but how is forgiving those who did that to their people going to change the attitudes of those who did it in the first place?

Sorry, but in this situation, it takes 2 to tango, and you've got to change the attitudes of BOTH.
There are entire "sunset" cities where white people can't be. Cry me a river.

OK

while I dont care about white respect I do agree that Black people need to stop playing the victim. There are some truths in life here in the US. Whites are typically racist. Whites own most of the opportunities. Whites control the systems (legal, executive, legislative..etc) white school systems are an abysmal failure at addressing the needs of Black children. Ok so now what are you going do? It makes no sense to whine to people that suffer so deeply from an inferiority complex they do their best to handicap you. You out work their asses and achieve while showing them how weak they are.

Most Americans of all colors are too self-absorbed to give much thought to the opinions of other people. Making an assumption that whites are typically racists would infer that they spend time thinking about how blacks influence their lives, and most don't give it much consideration because blacks don't influence most of their lives. Some blacks, perhaps the majority, may have the opposite perspective, and their challenge is not getting caught up in it to the point of allowing it to determine their destiny. A black person having to work harder to prove their "worth" is not something that I can say that I relate to, but I have often felt that I had to work harder in Corporate America to prove myself capable as a woman. I'm stubborn though, so it's worked out well for me.

Forum List

Back