Hey RWs: if you're so opposed to raising the min. wage, what exactly do you think would boost wages?

"And now, they're coming for your Social Security money."

This guy nailed it Spot On. We're doomed. Case Closed.

The problem with George was that he thought it was Republicans who were keeping people poor and dependent when in fact Democrats are the ones in charge of the country club (and plantation) of which he spoke.

Learn a skill so you're worth more.

He said wages, not worth.
You're not worth a high wage if you have no skill.
Again, a skilled job still pays shit. How is this not sinking in? And tell me, if someone makes entry level, don't they still deserve to make a living if they work 40 hours a week? They should at least be able to have enough food per month right? Right now they don't.

I know it makes you feel superior to spit on entry level workers by telling them to "learn a new skill!", but hasn't it occurred to you that there would be no one to fill those entry level jobs if everyone learned a skill? Restaurants wouldn't exists now would they?

And tell me, if someone makes entry level, don't they still deserve to make a living if they work 40 hours a week?

Someone working at McDonalds for 40 hours a week shouldn't be able to buy a 3 bedroom house in a nice area to support their 3 kids and their minivan and big screen TV.

They should at least be able to have enough food per month right? Right now they don't.

What kind of food are they buying?
You are such a doofus. No one is suggesting a full time employee should be able to afford that. They should be able to support themselves. Right now they can't. This is especially true of where they live in the US.

Do you not understand how food shopping works? These people can't afford the basic food groups per day. It's even worse if they have a kid. Child poverty in the US is the worst out of any other developed country.

No one is suggesting a full time employee should be able to afford that.

Cool story. So what should a "living wage" buy you in the US?

Do you not understand how food shopping works? These people can't afford the basic food groups per day.

Someone working 40 hours a week can't afford to eat?
You'll have to show me your math on that one.

Child poverty in the US is the worst out of any other developed country.

More liberal bad math to come to that conclusion.

Learn a skill so you're worth more.

Again, a skilled job still pays shit. How is this not sinking in? And tell me, if someone makes entry level, don't they still deserve to make a living if they work 40 hours a week? They should at least be able to have enough food per month right? Right now they don't.

I know it makes you feel superior to spit on entry level workers by telling them to "learn a new skill!", but hasn't it occurred to you that there would be no one to fill those entry level jobs if everyone learned a skill? Restaurants wouldn't exists now would they?
You're thick as a brick, Billy. You're not gonna be able to live in the suburbs in a 5 bedroom house and white picket fence if all you know how to do is sweep floors and clean toilets. Those are jobs you take when you have no skills and they're never gonna pay enough to live the good life. Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody is gonna pay somebody $15 an hour to do something you could train a monkey to do.
No one is suggesting that kind of work should be able to afford a house in the suberbs you doofus. I am talking about being able to afford adequate food per month and health insurance. BASIC things.
In case you haven't noticed, food prices and health insurance have skyrocketed over the past 7 years, thanks to Obama's policies of quantitative easing and deficit spending. And there's energy costs. You're somewhat confused.

And tell me, if someone makes entry level, don't they still deserve to make a living if they work 40 hours a week?

Someone working at McDonalds for 40 hours a week shouldn't be able to buy a 3 bedroom house in a nice area to support their 3 kids and their minivan and big screen TV.

They should at least be able to have enough food per month right? Right now they don't.

You are such a doofus. No one is suggesting a full time employee should be able to afford that. They should be able to support themselves. Right now they can't. This is especially true of where they live in the US.

Do you not understand how food shopping works? These people can't afford the basic food groups per day. It's even worse if they have a kid. Child poverty in the US is the worst out of any other developed country.

Do you not understand how food shopping works? These people can't afford the basic food groups per day.

Yes 1 in 7 Americans do not get adequate food per month. 1 in 4 kids live in poverty. If you people bothered to learn facts, perhaps you would actually know the country you are living in. People, especially children, need the basic food groups per day. People in poverty can't afford that kind of food.

By the Numbers: Childhood Poverty in the U.S.

Christ I just told you what a living wage should buy you. Adequate food and healthcare. That's it. The 10s of millions of people living in poverty can't afford both. Low wage jobs working 40 hours a week does not afford this stuff.

You're thick as a brick, Billy. You're not gonna be able to live in the suburbs in a 5 bedroom house and white picket fence if all you know how to do is sweep floors and clean toilets. Those are jobs you take when you have no skills and they're never gonna pay enough to live the good life. Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody is gonna pay somebody $15 an hour to do something you could train a monkey to do.
No one is suggesting that kind of work should be able to afford a house in the suberbs you doofus. I am talking about being able to afford adequate food per month and health insurance. BASIC things.
In case you haven't noticed, food prices and health insurance have skyrocketed over the past 7 years, thanks to Obama's policies of quantitative easing and deficit spending. And there's energy costs. You're somewhat confused.
Give it a rest. To blame Obama for this is just stupid. You couldn't connect a policy of his to food costs of your life depended on it. Healthcare prices were already rising before ObamaCare. Nice try though.

Yes 1 in 7 Americans do not get adequate food per month. 1 in 4 kids live in poverty. If you people bothered to learn facts, perhaps you would actually know the country you are living in. People, especially children, need the basic food groups per day. People in poverty can't afford that kind of food.

Christ I just told you what a living wage should buy you. Adequate food and healthcare. That's it. The 10s of millions of people living in poverty can't afford both. Low wage jobs working 40 hours a week does not afford this stuff.

Yes 1 in 7 Americans do not get adequate food per month.

BS.

1 in 4 kids live in poverty.

Unbelievable BS.

Christ I just told you what a living wage should buy you. Adequate food and healthcare.

Absent mental illness, drug use or criminal abuse, no one in the US lacks those, with or without a 40 hr/week job.

The 10s of millions of people living in poverty can't afford both.

Strangely enough, in the US, we have massive government bureaucracies spending hundreds of billions of dollars a year on such people.

BS.

Unbelievable BS.

Christ I just told you what a living wage should buy you. Adequate food and healthcare.

Absent mental illness, drug use or criminal abuse, no one in the US lacks those, with or without a 40 hr/week job.

Strangely enough, in the US, we have massive government bureaucracies spending hundreds of billions of dollars a year on such people.
Lol you repubs are so pathetic. I present to you facts and like a child all you can say is "BS!"

You couldn't connect a policy of his to food costs of your life depended on it.
Runaway debt and quantitative easing.

Healthcare prices were already rising before ObamaCare.
Obamacare was supposed to bring healthcare costs down, remember? You were lied to and you don't want to admit it.
Runaway debt huh? You mean like Bush's tax cuts and war spending? Obama extended those cuts.

Yeah, ObamaCare didn't lower private costs like it was supposed to. It did however save Medicare costs.

BS.

Unbelievable BS.

Lol you repubs are so pathetic. I present to you facts and like a child all you can say is "BS!"

I especially love poverty stats.
Can you explain why poverty stats ignore the money the poor get from government?

Runaway debt huh? You mean like Bush's tax cuts and war spending? Obama extended those cuts.
There ya go, blame Bush for Obama doubling the debt in 7 years.

Yeah, ObamaCare didn't lower private costs like it was supposed to.
Thank you for admitting you were lied to.

Gruber-on-the-lies-told-to-pass-Obamacare1.jpg

BS.

Unbelievable BS.

Can you explain why poverty stats ignore the money the poor get from government?
Yeah they get peanuts from the government. The average household on food stamps makes $800 per month. They get on average $133 per month. 83% of all food stamps funding goes to households with at least one child in the home.

BS.

Unbelievable BS.

Yeah they get peanuts from the government. The average household on food stamps makes $800 per month. They get on average $133 per month. 83% of all food stamps funding goes to households with at least one child in the home.

Yeah they get peanuts from the government.

Despite the safety net’s record of lifting children out of poverty, the amount of federal spending on children in 2011 dropped from $450 billion to $445 billion, according to an analysis from The Urban Institute (pdf).

Peanuts?
$445 billion looks like more than peanuts.

its called the market -- and though liberals think you can legislate every problem they cant repeal the law of supply and demand.

I'll ask again since no one can seem to answer. What market forces have acted on wages to keep them flat for decades?
jobs have gone overseas....
cheap labor incoming from mexico, india, etc...
too many regulations crushing businesses....
too many taxes crushing businesses...

Taxes and regulation crushing business?

View attachment 73381

You probably can't read your own chart, do you realize it says that wages are four times corporate profits? You don't, do you?

Really?
The divergent lines show quite clearly that regulations and taxes aren't crushing business at all but business is indeed crushing wages

LOL, no, it doesn't show that. That's just what you want to see

Minimum wage jobs have never been an avenue to prosperity. They're for people who share expenses with other people to be able to pay their bills while they learn a skill. Only a dumb liberal would expect to be able to raise a family working at Jack in the Box.

Forum List

Back