Hey, Sealy!! FOX was right! aka Dodd 'fesses up...finally

Will you face the fact that this bailout was originally drawn up by Paulson and Bush?

Will you face the fact that they had the chance to include ANY restrictions on taking ANY gov money?

No you wont because you asswinks think they past means nothing.

Guys it was only 6 months ago.

Now the current admin had to find a legal way to put it in afterwards.

They did.

so waaaaa waaaa waaaaa, dont hurt yourselves making something out of nothing.

if you keep repeating it, surely it will eventually be true.
:rofl:

maybe you should try clicking your heels together

No I repete it because it is true.

You guys cant seem to offer one scintilla of evidence to refute it either, just a bunch of silly innane insults is what comprises your argument.

Still not a single fact and only insults.

Now that doesnt make the evidence go away does it?

no baby, we have the evidence right out of Geithner and Dodd's mealy little mouths,, Snow and a Senator named Wyndon or something had written a provision expressly forbidding bonus money and Dodd changed it out at the request of the treasury allowing the bonus to go forward, it was sneaked into the bill at the last moment and almost every single solitary democrat voted that stimulus package in..

no, i didn't. it was the Fed via turbotax tim geithner.
got any more absurdly transparent fabrications you need shot down?

Del, at least you are willing to admit the Fed is at the core of this problem. Geithner & Paulson are both just pawns doing the bankers bidding.

At this point, I can now only say I HOPE Obama isn't in on it.

oh baby, you can count on it.

So why do you prefer Republicans if they are all the same?

Or do you think Republicans are better about this? Explain if you do.

You notice the Jon Boehner's/Rush's/Fox News' didn't point it out last year when it was Bush/Paulson doing this. It was the Huffington Post.

You guys cant seem to offer one scintilla of evidence to refute it either, just a bunch of silly innane insults is what comprises your argument.

you repeat it because you are just quite simply stuck on stupid.

Geithner and Dodd's confessions aren't evidence ?

Glad you're not a judge ..... :eusa_whistle:

Evidence of what?

who was going to take the political hit for suggesting the nullification of contracts was illegal and they needed to do it another way?

They are now all taking the hit, makes you sad huh?

Dodd says Geithner told him to do it and Geithner said he was worried about the legal ramifications of not giving those bonus'.

I don't buy it either, to be honest with you.

But, Truthmatters does make a point. The bonus' were in the contracts, that were written up last year by Paulson and that was under Bush.

But again, I'm not buying Dodd's bs. He's in on it. He stinks.

Del, at least you are willing to admit the Fed is at the core of this problem. Geithner & Paulson are both just pawns doing the bankers bidding.

At this point, I can now only say I HOPE Obama isn't in on it.

You notice the Jon Boehner's/Rush's/Fox News' didn't point it out last year when it was Bush/Paulson doing this. It was the Huffington Post.

right now I prefer Republican cause they are nowhere near as corrupt and stupid as the bunch of idiots running the show right now.

Him interesting positions let me examine the facts you have presented.

Geitner and Dodd both wanted to find a legal way to do it.......... hmmmm you present nothing in this area. well ok then

They got together and found a legal way to do it...............hmmm you present nothing in this area. well ok then.

They all are saying it was their fault for the misunderstanding...............Hmmmm you presetn nothing in this area.well ok then

Dodd says Geithner told him to do it and Geithner said he was worried about the legal ramifications of not giving those bonus'.

But, Truthmatters does make a point. The bonus' were in the contracts, that were written up last year by Paulson and that was under Bush.

it was under geithner, not paulson.

Dodd wrote about the nullification being possibly illegal last month.

It was all about who was taking whos lead.

Now they are all accepting blame and they FUCKING FIXED IT.

Dont let them play you sealy

Paulson and Bernake.. I guess the deal is they need to retain the folks they think can pull the company out of the mess it is in,, they may leave now, and we'll see what happens

right now I prefer Republican cause they are nowhere near as corrupt and stupid as the bunch of idiots running the show right now.

No where near as corrupt? That's because over the last 8 years, the Republicans made everything they did to take down our economy LEGAL. They made it legal and profitable for companies to leave the country and take jobs with them. They made it legal and profitable to sell homes for what they weren't worth, and set people up into mortgages they knew they couldn't afford. And the first bailout money given to the bankers was given on Bush's watch. But it was all legal.

So was giving these bonus'. Nothing illegal about what Dodd did.

No where near as corrupt? That's because over the last 8 years, the Republicans made everything they did to take down our economy LEGAL. They made it legal and profitable for companies to leave the country and take jobs with them. They made it legal and profitable to sell homes for what they weren't worth, and set people up into mortgages they knew they couldn't afford. And the first bailout money given to the bankers was given on Bush's watch. But it was all legal.

then why did he lie about it?

Dodd wrote about the nullification being possibly illegal last month.

It was all about who was taking whos lead.

Now they are all accepting blame and they FUCKING FIXED IT.

Dont let them play you sealy

They can't play me, because if Dodd did anything wrong, it was that he did exactly what any Republican would have done.

I will never look at Dodd the same..

But that doesn't mean the GOP should ever be back in charge ever again. Because this would have happened and Willow wouldn't have given a rats ass.

then why did he lie about it?

Because it wasn't a popular thing to do.

My question is, "WHY DID HE DO IT".

Did he think he'd get away with it?

I'm certainly not buying his explanation.

Not guilty of a crime, but I certainly wouldn't vote for him.

Unless it was between him and a Republican, and then I'd have to vote for him.

Sorry, the alternative is not an option. Just like Obama is not an option for you.

Do I have this right?

In April 2008, the greedy AIG bastards contracted to give the millions in bonuses to retain certain employees, even though they were responsible for things free falling.

In September 2008, Bush and Paulson gave out $350 billion in the bailout (TARP) with zero conditions on the money.

AIG originally received TARP money, before Geithner restructured the AIG money separately last November. By AIG taking the TARP money with no conditions, the government took on all of AIG, including those million dollar bonus contracts.

Last November, Giethner knew that these bonuses would come due in March 2009. He knew because he worked with Paulson and lawyers to try and get out of the contracts. They couldn't.

Obama takes office and pushes the Stimulus.

This is the part where I get perplexed:

Had no loophole been put in the Stimulus package, couldn't the AIG people still have used the bailout money for their bonuses, since no conditions were put on the bailout money? Without the loophole, wouldn't those contracts have been met anyway? If so and the government turned around and said no, that AIG could not use the bailout money for bonuses -- wouldn't AIG have sued because the bonuses were already contracted?

I understand the whole Dodd/Geithner thing in reference to the loophole but I'm confused about what exactly the loophole language states. Can someone explain that to me? Because it sounds as if the loophole guarantees the contracted bonuses to execs. But wouldn't execs get their contracted bonus money either way, it's just that the loophole guarantees it? I'm confused as to the specifics of the loophole.

They - Geithner, Dodd, Obama - knew these AIG bonsues would get paid out in March. They knew this awhile ago. Now they're all 'in shock' pretending they didn't know. So to fix it, they pass a bill to tax AIG's bonus money 90%. And isn't AIG going to sue over this?

How exactly is the tax bill worded? Are there any loopholes in that bill that will enable other compensation (non-bonus) to be retro-taxed? Was all of this AIG/bonus/loophole stuff done intentionally in order to pass such a bill?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Him interesting positions let me examine the facts you have presented.

Geitner and Dodd both wanted to find a legal way to do it.......... hmmmm you present nothing in this area. well ok then

They got together and found a legal way to do it...............hmmm you present nothing in this area. well ok then.

They all are saying it was their fault for the misunderstanding...............Hmmmm you presetn nothing in this area.well ok then

I haven't presented any of the above idiot, those are your words. you are now reduced to arguing with yourself.. you might stand a chance of winning..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.americanbenefitscouncil.org/documents/bankingcomm_letter092308.pdf

here is Dodd on the issue back in sept 2008.

He is already expressing the idea that nullifing the contracts may not be legal.

All this is about is who was taking whos lead in dealing with the problem.

The hit on this is all about perception.

NO one wanted the bonuses to happen here, they were trying ot figure out the legal way to do it and tripped over their own feet in the public about it.

The evidence is clear to anyone in their right mind.

Forum List

Back