Hey, Sealy!! FOX was right! aka Dodd 'fesses up...finally

http://www.americanbenefitscouncil.org/documents/bankingcomm_letter092308.pdf

here is Dodd on the issue back in sept 2008.

He is already expressing the idea that nullifing the contracts may not be legal.

All this is about is who was taking whos lead in dealing with the problem.

The hit on this is all about perception.

NO one wanted the bonuses to happen here, they were trying ot figure out the legal way to do it and tripped over their own feet in the public about it.

The evidence is clear to anyone in their right mind.

That's too funny you ignorant asshole. The link you gave is a document written and signed by one James Klein.. way to fucking go.:clap2:

Do I have this right?

In April 2008, the greedy AIG bastards contracted to give the millions in bonuses to retain certain employees, even though they were responsible for things free falling.

In September 2008, Bush and Paulson gave out $350 billion in the bailout (TARP) with zero conditions on the money.

AIG originally received TARP money, before Geithner restructured the AIG money separately last November. By AIG taking the TARP money with no conditions, the government took on all of AIG, including those million dollar bonus contracts.

Last November, Giethner knew that these bonuses would come due in March 2009. He knew because he worked with Paulson and lawyers to try and get out of the contracts.

Obama takes office and pushes the Stimulus.

This is the part where I get perplexed:

Had no loophole been put in the Stimulus package, couldn't the AIG people still have used the bailout money for their bonuses, since no conditions were put on the bailout money? Without the loophole, wouldn't those contracts have been met anyway? If so and the government turned around and said no, that AIG could not use the bailout money for bonuses -- wouldn't AIG have sued because the bonuses were already contracted?

I understand the whole Dodd/Geithner thing in reference to the loophole but I'm confused about what exactly the loophole language states. Can someone explain that to me? Because it sounds as if the loophole guarantees the contracted bonuses to execs. If that's right, doesn't it mean that either way (whether the language was in the stim package or not) the AIG execs (as well as other execs) would get their bonuses?

They - Geithner, Dodd, Obama - knew these AIG bonsues would get paid out in March. They knew this awhile ago. Now they're all 'in shock' pretending they didn't know. So to fix it, they pass a bill to tax AIG's bonus money 90%. And isn't AIG going to sue over this?

How exactly is the tax bill worded? Are there any loopholes in that bill that will enable other compensation (non-bonus) to be retro-taxed? Was all of this AIG/bonus/loophole stuff done intentionally in order to pass such a bill?

Thanks.

Wow you are one fair person here , I'm amazed.

The bonuses were guarenteed by contract not by the stim package in particular.

There was very likely talk of them not taking the bonuses they contracted to themselfs on a unwritten level.

They did not put anything in the lauguage that MADE them give them or MADE them not give them.

The CEOs could have not accepted the bonus part of tehir contracts all on their own. Remember them saying to congress awhile back that they (the CEOs) "Got the new reality".

Well they didnt get the new reality and we had to find a legal way to get the money back from them.

Its been done so I really dont undrestand the fuss?

He is already expressing the idea that nullifing the contracts may not be legal.

NO one wanted the bonuses to happen here, they were trying ot figure out the legal way to do it and tripped over their own feet in the public about it.

That's too funny you ignorant asshole. The link you gave is a document written and signed by one James Klein.. way to fucking go.:clap2:

oopps you are right , I accept the baffon award for the mistake.

It does however show theat Dodd was discussing the issue of the legality of teh nullification of bonuses way back in spet 2008 huh?

you repeat it because you are just quite simply stuck on stupid.

Him interesting positions let me examine the facts you have presented.

Geitner and Dodd both wanted to find a legal way to do it.......... hmmmm you present nothing in this area. well ok then

They got together and found a legal way to do it...............hmmm you present nothing in this area. well ok then.

They all are saying it was their fault for the misunderstanding...............Hmmmm you presetn nothing in this area.well ok then

I haven't presented any of the above idiot, those are your words. you are now reduced to arguing with yourself.. you might stand a chance of winning..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You really dont get it do you?

oopps you are right , I accept the baffon award for the mistake.

It does however show theat Dodd was discussing the issue of the legality of teh nullification of bonuses way back in spet 2008 huh?

no! it shows he got a fucking letter from James Klein. there is no two way discussion depicted unless you can find a letter Dodd wrote back to Klein.

No it shows it was a concern they were awhere of way back then huh?

Now the fact that Dodd solved the issue by heeding the warning and the fact that Geitner was warning him about it too by Dodds own admission.

They then solved it in a legal way huh?

No it shows it was a concern they were awhere of way back then huh?

Now the fact that Dodd solved the issue by heeding the warning and the fact that Geitner was warning him about it too by Dodds own admission.

They then solved it in a legal way huh?

wrong they fucked the pooch,, as I said Snow and another senator had express language in the bill forbidding bonus money,, geithner and dodd removed that amendment and slipped in another amendment making bonus money possible. now they have unconstitutionally targeted a specific group of people "ex post facto" with a punitive tax of 90%. Billions will have been spent before the lawsuits are settled. Your Democrats are a huge bunch of DUmbos..

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Geithner: Treasury pushed for bonus loophole « - Blogs from CNN.com

You see that is what you want to happen.

You want their legal decision to backfire huh?

The sad thing is you hold your party over your country.

They are allowed to acess taxes on them.

Its legal.

The nullification of contracts was not.

you say it's legal, I say it's not, It will all be worked out in court after billions are spent in legal fees, it will probably take up the entire span of this regimes stay in washington.. Democrats are the DUmbest creatures alive. They fucked the pooch. by the way ignoramous,, they don't "acess" taxes they "assess" taxes on them.. and a rate of 90% is punitive and therefore illegal.

Last edited:
Much ado about NOTHING here .

It was all a misunderstanding.

Gietner now says it was his fault and not Dodds.

It all centered arround how to remove the bonuses legally.

Now they have a solution.

waaa waaaa waaaa all you want, this is a non issue.

What solution? Go back and retroactively tax individuals for the government's screw up? That is absolutely ridiculous and every American should be screaming at Congress for such an unAmerican idea.

I hope you realize that a person can not be charged for a crime that was not a crime at the time it was committed. The same thing applies here, it is absolutely unAmerican to add additional taxes on these people after the fact.

Immie

Last edited:
Immy it wasnt a screw up , it would have been a legal tangle to nullify the contracts.

Bush and Paulson could have made this a stipulation of taking the original traunch of money and that would have been legal..

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Geithner: Treasury pushed for bonus loophole « - Blogs from CNN.com

Its legal.

you say it's legal, I say it's not, It will all be worked out in court after billions are spent in legal fees, it will probably take up the entire span of this regimes stay in washington.. Democrats are the DUmbest creatures alive. They fucked the pooch. by the way ignoramous,, they don't "acess" taxes they "assess" taxes on them.. and a rate of 90% is punitive and therefore illegal.

And their are legal minds who dissagree with you.

Why no scorn for Paulson who put them in this position by not stipulating ANYTHING?

Immy it wasnt a screw up , it would have been a legal tangle to nullify the contracts.

Bush and Paulson could have made this a stipulation of taking the original traunch of money and that would have been legal..

wrong they fucked the pooch,, as I said Snow and another senator had express language in the bill forbidding bonus money,, geithner and dodd removed that amendment and slipped in another amendment making bonus money possible. now they have unconstitutionally targeted a specific group of people "ex post facto" with a punitive tax of 90%. Billions will have been spent before the lawsuits are settled. Your Democrats are a huge bunch of DUmbos..

Its legal.

And their are legal minds who dissagree with you.

Why no scorn for Paulson who put them in this position by not stipulating ANYTHING?

She will never understand this.

It is entirely unAmerican for the government to try this.

If Congress wants to tax excessive bonuses at 90% in the future, that is fine, but not past bonuses. If my Congressman or Senators vote for such a tax, they will not be receiving future support from this American.

Immie

When were these bonuses handed out guys?

This year, they are taxing them for this year.

Forum List

Back