Hi Everyone. I'm Here to Discuss Gardening.

Pour gas on all the fire ant beds..........It's sure to make your yard look better than theirs...............

:abgg2q.jpg:
What's a fire ant? Must be too cold up here for them.
They are a pest down south that you can never really get rid of.................Gas is a sure fire way to kill the dang things........puts brown spots in your yard for a bit though.

If you accidentally step in one of those beds you'll find out why they are called fire ants real quick. LOL
Never heard of them up here. We get some nasty ground wasp nests you can burn with gasoline. Close to house/shed/garden best way to off them is to wait till night then douse the nest with boiling hot water.
We have them too...........Hornets .............Early this summer I was cutting the grass and went over a nest in the ground..........They tore my butt up......lol

Missed a day of work because my foot was swollen.................The fire ants are a constant issue down here.........especially when you live out in the country.

A soil test to know what to add is a good start.......Getting the right fertilizer is a good start.......Get that right and give it plenty of water and anything will grow.

Like nut grass from hell............LOL

5925a8bd08c7b.jpeg

Pour gas on all the fire ant beds..........It's sure to make your yard look better than theirs...............

They are a pest down south that you can never really get rid of.................Gas is a sure fire way to kill the dang things........puts brown spots in your yard for a bit though.

If you accidentally step in one of those beds you'll find out why they are called fire ants real quick. LOL
Never heard of them up here. We get some nasty ground wasp nests you can burn with gasoline. Close to house/shed/garden best way to off them is to wait till night then douse the nest with boiling hot water.
We have them too...........Hornets .............Early this summer I was cutting the grass and went over a nest in the ground..........They tore my butt up......lol

Missed a day of work because my foot was swollen.................The fire ants are a constant issue down here.........especially when you live out in the country.
Yeah I've been attacked by wasps on the rider. The hot water at night method has worked every time. Of course the old gasoline method is fun but not a good idea near the garden or the house lol.

Yeah I've been attacked by wasps on the rider. The hot water at night method has worked every time. Of course the old gasoline method is fun but not a good idea near the garden or the house lol.
I used the gas..............Was a little angry ...........LOL

I used the gas..............Was a little angry ...........LOL
One year they had a big nest behind one of the sheds and i got stung pretty good. I was pissed off and used gas and almost burned the shed down. I'm more careful now lol.

I note where they are and hit them at night with poison. (Hornets).

I have real poison, but a can of Raid will work.

But I'm looking forward to waking up and seeing 400-500 posts in my awesome gardening thread!
you'd be better off seeking farm/garden BB's

A soil test to know what to add is a good start.......Getting the right fertilizer is a good start.......Get that right and give it plenty of water and anything will grow.
It's become high tech , but you'll find everyone has their special technique, particular fertilizer for one....
Poultry-farm-House-Nigeria.jpg

One year they had a big nest behind one of the sheds and i got stung pretty good. I was pissed off and used gas and almost burned the shed down. I'm more careful now lol.
It's the fumes from the evaporating petrol that kills them, not incineration, as I understand it.

Though I always toss a match in after 24 hours for the hell of it, if it's in a safe location. Then again I add a bit of diesel so fuel will hang around for that purpose.

Last edited:
My winter garden indoors is doing great and well, I wish I could post pics but since it's illegal I don't want Flatcan to have a fit and become institutionalized..

That's cruel.
As though an Organophosphate is any kinder.
Borax and a jar of jelly. They self destruct.

I have good bees, wouldn't want them getting into that. I'm making notes of that one, though! :113:

You've got one of these outfits?

cimg4897.jpg
Only the wimps do wear those outfits, us manly men take it and like it when stung.

No comment.

And I'm not tying you up and beating you. You know where you can go for that.

I'd love to keep bees.

As though an Organophosphate is any kinder.
Borax and a jar of jelly. They self destruct.

I have good bees, wouldn't want them getting into that. I'm making notes of that one, though! :113:

You've got one of these outfits?

cimg4897.jpg
Only the wimps do wear those outfits, us manly men take it and like it when stung.

No comment.

And I'm not tying you up and beating you. You know where you can go for that.

I'd love to keep bees.
You mean enslave bees since to do as such you must go out and take a hive by force from the wild and domesticate them...I just plant lots of flowers and put out empty soda cans to attract them so they are free bees...Emancipated from human bondage.Later I train them to become wage slaves by producing honey at a low incentive.

They do like empty cans...
Especially anything sweet or sugary. I have been able to have bees move their hive by gardening with certain flowers and herbs and of course empty soda cans..When I moved out here there was a very limited number of bees to help pollinate and the county sprays for mosquitos and they help pollinate also and my gardens were wimpy. now they do much better.

Forum List

Back