Hi guys, thought i would drop in and say hello

bd1.jpg

I remember a story from years ago when a Kiwi Bloke asked for a plane ticket to Aukland, but ended up getting sent to Oakland California by mistake because the ditz behind the counter couldn't understand his accent.

Welcome.

I remember a story from years ago when a Kiwi Bloke asked for a plane ticket to Aukland, but ended up getting sent to Oakland California by mistake because the ditz behind the counter couldn't understand his accent.

Welcome.

I would have thought the accent would have been a HUGE indicator.

But silly me........there I go again.........using my brain!!!!! I'm sure I'm going to have some Dementocrats come banging on my door now, screaming at me to stop it!!!

Welcome.
Funny you should mention that , I thought it was an American that wanted to go to Oakland and ended up in Auckland , But it was a good few years ago lol

There is the odd case of Kiwis heading to Europe during our summer and end up in London wearing their flipflops and a tee-shirt when its -10 C outside lol

Im from Auckland New Zealand. Im the much cherished member of a couple of other boards, A couple of posters will recognize my handle , Cheers guys, thank you accepting me into the club, I can guaranty I will not disappoint , Scouts honor lol .
Welcome and glad to have you!

I would have thought the accent would have been a HUGE indicator.

But silly me........there I go again.........using my brain!!!!! I'm sure I'm going to have some Dementocrats come banging on my door now, screaming at me to stop it!!!
Look at the up side, they will probably be abusing you in Spanish and you wont have a clue wat they are saying lol

Im from Auckland New Zealand. Im the much cherished member of a couple of other boards, A couple of posters will recognize my handle , Cheers guys, thank you accepting me into the club, I can guaranty I will not disappoint , Scouts honor lol .
Oh man you got it bad there in NZ, aren’t they like force vaccination people there now,hope you stick around,nice to have someone from another country here.

Oh man you got it bad there in NZ, aren’t they like force vaccination people there now,hope you stick around,nice to have someone from another country here.
Its voluntary, The gov are encouraging people to be vaccinated. our borders are highly controlled so not may foreigners coming in, my brother has been stuck in Samoa for months unable to get back to NZ

Funny you should mention that , I thought it was an American that wanted to go to Oakland and ended up in Auckland , But it was a good few years ago lol

There is the odd case of Kiwis heading to Europe during our summer and end up in London wearing their flipflops and a tee-shirt when its -10 C outside lol
Maybe that was it.

I tend to get stories mixed up in my head because I am old enough to have lived through the late 60s.

The Brits do that anyway. They don’t notice the weather.

You sound so humble-----------

Hello Vege and welcome to USMB! You’ve already shown a tendency towards looking for the good in life when life hands you lemons… like with considering it a state of good luck to not understand the locals if they’re using a few flavorful words to cuss you! Lol Perfect attitude! Who cares what others say when they’re they basically just sound like they’re speaking Swahili! Now, a free lesson in Swahili: to say “Hello, neighbor” you say “Hujambo, Jirani” but important tip, you definitely don’t want to mumble when you say “jirani” or you’re likely to be saying something completely different! Lol
My nephew visited New Zealand a few years ago, and he shared about what a magnificent specimen of a land mass it is! Majestic beauty at its finest.

W
Im from Auckland New Zealand. Im the much cherished member of a couple of other boards, A couple of posters will recognize my handle , Cheers guys, thank you accepting me into the club, I can, vege57. Hope. You guaranty I will not disappoint , Scouts honor lol
Welcome to USMB, vege. Hope you enjoy the boards. :thup:

Its voluntary, The gov are encouraging people to be vaccinated. our borders are highly controlled so not may foreigners coming in, my brother has been stuck in Samoa for months unable to get back to NZ
oh REALLLLLLLY,then how do you explain THIS? I dont think this is disinformation.

oh REALLLLLLLY,then how do you explain THIS? I dont think this is disinformation.

The key words here from Hipkins are. ""Every one in NZ will have the opportunity to have the vaccine"" Not " everyone will be forced to have the vaccine"", 20% of people here working at the border haven't been vaccinated and they are not being forced to ?

Forum List

Back