High Speed Rail?,So Will Alexandria Cortez & Friends Help Build This Monstrosity?

500 mile trip at 100mph takes 5 hours. Add in 6 ten minute stops + time to get back up to speed......you are down to what? 25mph? There-in lies the problem.

We already have AIR travel installed (Nigeria does not). I would prefer Train but i dont think Loise Slughter capable of designing a good system.

So do you Luddites have STOCK in buggy whip manufacturers?
How will she get the military to stop flying?

There are no solar or wind powered jets. They all require fossil fuel. Once fossil fuels are history, they'll be permanently grounded.

Ever heard of the Solar Impulse II? It's a solar powered airplane that completed a flight around the planet.

Solar plane makes history after completing round-the-world trip
Many many passengers and tons of freight did it carry? Oh I forgot the plane weighed two hundred pounds and needed a small booster rocket to get it in the air. Any idea how 'booster rockets' are made and how much 'fossil fuel' is required???????????

china-train-crash.jpg

Devastating: 5 major train crashes this year. Could autonomy help? | ZDNet
another Case for a functional simulation, first.
Simulations do not provide real data.
Academia can provide object oriented metrics for the laws of physics and demand and supply.

one hundred miles per hour to start, along with two-way not right wing one-way Roads.
Engineers have stated the size of the US and other challenges unique to us makes running high speed European-style railway systems IMPOSSIBLE!
Cortez: so like, why cant like everybody just ride their bicycles to all of their destinations?
She bitch has no idea how much 'fossil fuel' is required to manufacture a fucking bike!

I still see no problem burning oil? What is the harm? My airway is not blackened? Anyone? Why is it suddenly a problem? Because China has 100 Coal burning power plants in Bejing you want me to ride a bicycle thru Compton?

Obviously train is the single most efficient means of travel.
No other means is less expensive or energy efficient.
That fact we do not have good rail now is why it is so inefficient now, but that does not mean that with a little subsidy for economy of scale, it won't do well.
And in fact, in a decade when oil runs out, there really is no alternative.
Electric cars are no alternative because they run on electricity made from burning coal, and they have to carry around a thousand pounds of batteries for no reason.

Anyone who is against investing in better, faster, and more frequent trains, just has no foresight or sense of economy.
Obviously train is the single most efficient means of travel.
No other means is less expensive or energy efficient.
That fact we do not have good rail now is why it is so inefficient now, but that does not mean that with a little subsidy for economy of scale, it won't do well.
And in fact, in a decade when oil runs out, there really is no alternative.
Electric cars are no alternative because they run on electricity made from burning coal, and they have to carry around a thousand pounds of batteries for no reason.

Anyone who is against investing in better, faster, and more frequent trains, just has no foresight or sense of economy.
Rail is the most efficient way of moving freight. Rail is the most INEFFICIENT way to move people. PERIOD!
When you used the word "subsidy" your argument blew up. So in your mind there will be no more fossil fuel in ten years. Welcome to the fucking stone age. I hope you are prepared.
Do you have the slightest comprehension how much fossil fuel it takes to build a fucking railway? Obviously not asshole!
Where the fuck do you think the iron ore comes from? How is it mined? Any trucks needed? HD machinery?

I still see no problem burning oil? What is the harm? My airway is not blackened? Anyone? Why is it suddenly a problem? Because China has 100 Coal burning power plants in Bejing you want me to ride a bicycle thru Compton?
better public transportation could be an option.

i think it makes more sense to subsidize public transportation than fossil fuels.

Academia can provide object oriented metrics for the laws of physics and demand and supply.
They cannot emulate wear and tear on top of faulty design and human error. These things will be built by the best engineering minds there are today. So was the titanic.

one hundred miles per hour to start, along with two-way not right wing one-way Roads.
Engineers have stated the size of the US and other challenges unique to us makes running high speed European-style railway systems IMPOSSIBLE!
Cortez: so like, why cant like everybody just ride their bicycles to all of their destinations?
She bitch has no idea how much 'fossil fuel' is required to manufacture a fucking bike!
i wonder where the genius will find 1 million people who will be dying to start digging 25,000 miles of ditches.

She is high speed alright

4E65662F-0D5D-469B-971B-67772DB6868C_jpeg-842840.JPG
Do I get to post pictures of Melania past now?
You mind dead freaks can't go a day without obsessing over Trump.
500 mile trip at 100mph takes 5 hours. Add in 6 ten minute stops + time to get back up to speed......you are down to what? 25mph? There-in lies the problem.

We already have AIR travel installed (Nigeria does not). I would prefer Train but i dont think Loise Slughter capable of designing a good system.
The times I have taken the train, stops are long enough to pull into a station, discharge passengers and allow new passengers to board. Five minutes is a lot.

I have flown almost a million miles and post 9-11 air travel is a mess. You need to show up two hours before your flight, go through security, check your bags and then squeeze into a tiny seat for a couple hours.
With the train, arriving twenty minutes early is plenty. You have a seat with plenty of room, you carry on your bag, you can walk around, visit the bar car......much more relaxing

She is high speed alright

4E65662F-0D5D-469B-971B-67772DB6868C_jpeg-842840.JPG
Do I get to post pictures of Melania past now?
You mind dead freaks can't go a day without obsessing over Trump.

The times I have taken the train, stops are long enough to pull into a station, discharge passengers and allow new passengers to board. Five minutes is a lot.

I have flown almost a million miles and post 9-11 air travel is a mess. You need to show up two hours before your flight, go through security, check your bags and then squeeze into a tiny seat for a couple hours.
With the train, arriving twenty minutes early is plenty. You have a seat with plenty of room, you carry on your bag, you can walk around, visit the bar car......much more relaxing

I despise flying as-is now. Train sounds better until the muslims see it packed full and de-rail or shoot up a passenger car. Then it will become like air travel......instead of profiling the muslim killer we agree to strip search of our children prior to boarding. Get the rubber glove lashondra, this ones' a smart ass.

There are no solar or wind powered jets. They all require fossil fuel. Once fossil fuels are history, they'll be permanently grounded.

Ever heard of the Solar Impulse II? It's a solar powered airplane that completed a flight around the planet.

Many many passengers and tons of freight did it carry? Oh I forgot the plane weighed two hundred pounds and needed a small booster rocket to get it in the air. Any idea how 'booster rockets' are made and how much 'fossil fuel' is required???????????
Idiot. Did anyone complain about the Wright Flyer being too light or under powered to be meaningful?

They cannot emulate wear and tear on top of faulty design and human error. These things will be built by the best engineering minds there are today. So was the titanic.
why not? it has to work in simulation before we waste money on production. all of the functional requirements are still there.

Filthy ass government subsidized public transportation is for welfare queens but loved by environmental wackos.

why not? it has to work in simulation before we waste money on production. all of the functional requirements are still there.
You clearly have no understanding of how reality works.

another Case for a functional simulation, first.
Simulations do not provide real data.
You clearly have no understanding of how reality works.
Academia should be providing object oriented metrics from the laws of physics, demand, and supply.

Idiot. Did anyone complain about the Wright Flyer being too light or under powered to be meaningful?
So post a link to an airline anywhere on the planet that uses solar panels to transport passengers and freight. ASSHOLE
If you believe a plane the size of a 747 will EVER use solar panels you need mental help!

When asked how did she plan on paying for her Great New Deal, AOC admitted that if we took all of the wealth from the wealthiest Americans and took the resources form the wealthiest companies in the US, it all would not even 'come close' to being able to pay for what is in her 'Sci-Fi Fantasy Novel'.

Again, an un-achievable goal based on non-existent technology admittedly being unaffordable even if it was physically possible.

Great Plan! :p
It will definitely take some time, it took 35 years for GOP tax rates and policy to wreck the middle class and the country...
BONOBO had eight fucking years to accomplish something. The fag sat with his thumb up his ass and watched Chicago's inner city implode. THAT's leadership?
And everything he wanted to do except ACA was blocked by the GOP party of racism LOL, brainwashed functional moron. GOP give away tax rates to the rich go on and on, just like growing inequality and bad upward Mobility, already the worst ever and in the modern world...

Forum List

Back