High Tax States Suing the Treasury. They want a Tax Cut.

I make around $130k a year in NY, and my local taxes are around $7000. So right now I am still under.
What state taxes do you pay on $130,000?

Add that to your $7000 local tax and you are over $10,000

So even if that was the case, and let's say your combined taxes were 11K, you still get the first 10K write-off.
Mine were well over $20k

I got screwed

You sure love the politicians.
Again who's fault is that? you stupid fks still don't get how the constitution works amazing. And then you wonder why we have the pukes in office we do. people getting free handouts will vote for the guy giving the free handout. Increase the number of people getting free handouts, more votes to win with.
Politicians.
voters. educate yourself.
dude, you still don't know how elected officials get in office. too funny. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Well the party picks the candidate and then gerrymandering decides the winner.
Voters!:auiqs.jpg:

Just shut up and pay your fair share.

Prove they aren't already, dope.
They lost their state deduction. Now because the state wanted the money, instead of giving it to the federal goverment. Now, they are complaining. Pay it or shut up, or get your state to lower taxes.

Huh?
The individual lost their state deduction, dope. Now they're paying taxes twice on the same money.

I asked you to prove that those states weren't paying their "fair share" before.

Apparently you are unable.
It was a deduction, they are losing. I thought you loons are against those anyway.

You're an idiot.
It was a deduction because state taxes aren't income.

Define "fair share".
Prove to us that those states weren't paying that before.
Then why have such high state taxes? Again, that’s a state issue right?

The left wants more taxes but want others to actually pay it. It’s insane not to have a cap on salt deductions. In fact it seems it should be illegal for one state to get more in federal deductions because they have higher taxes than another one. Pay your fair share is sounding kind of expensive now isn’t it libs?

Define"fair share" then post what each state pays in federal taxes vs what they receive in federal spending.
I I did already, search my name

The left wants more taxes but want others to actually pay it. It’s insane not to have a cap on salt deductions. In fact it seems it should be illegal for one state to get more in federal deductions because they have higher taxes than another one. Pay your fair share is sounding kind of expensive now isn’t it libs?

Define"fair share" then post what each state pays in federal taxes vs what they receive in federal spending.
BTW, you define fair share, it’s your term

Look how close you’re getting to being on my side. Amazing isn’t it? The SALT deduction should actually be zero. You pay the feds taxes based on what they keep promising you they are going to give you for free. Turns out free isn’t cheap. Once that is done you go take care of your state and I will deal with mine. Politicians thrive on this game of hide and seek on taxes. Eliminate that crap.

You ever notice they don’t chant that they personally want to pay their fair share. Hell no. They chant that someone other than them needs to pay their fair share.

Only if you're wealthy, dumbass. The claim that it hurts the middle class is pure hooey.

Not wealthy, dope. Anyone who itemizes.
No, only a small percent of those who itemize.
Making sense of the new cap on state tax deductions

Liar.

10k is nothing when we're talking state, property and sales tax.

Why are you dopes applauding the idea of double taxation?

These were only deductible because taxes are not income.
The standard deduction for a couple filing jointly is $12,700. Itemized deductions have to be more than that before it's even worth it for you to itemize. If you have a mortgage on a $150,000 home, you're going to take the standard deduction, so Trump's SALT tax treatment changes won't even affect you.

Remember, these tax changes affect only the deduction for state and local taxes, not the interest payment deduction.
$150,000?

You do live in a double wide
I didn't say my home was valued at $150,000, dumbass.

Not wealthy, dope. Anyone who itemizes.

Liar.

The standard deduction for a couple filing jointly is $12,700. Itemized deductions have to be more than that before it's even worth it for you to itemize. If you have a mortgage on a $150,000 home, you're going to take the standard deduction, so Trump's SALT tax treatment changes won't even affect you.

Remember, these tax changes affect only the deduction for state and local taxes, not the interest payment deduction.
$150,000?

150k buys you a decent 3br in the KC metro area. Paid 225k for my 4bd 3bth 3800sqft 7 years ago. Folks on the coasts are getting screwed.
$150,000 won't buy you a tool shed in Illinois or Massachusetts.

I make around $130k a year in NY, and my local taxes are around $7000. So right now I am still under.

So even if that was the case, and let's say your combined taxes were 11K, you still get the first 10K write-off.
Mine were well over $20k

I got screwed

But you're not poor or starving, so there's that.

Liar.

$150,000?

150k buys you a decent 3br in the KC metro area. Paid 225k for my 4bd 3bth 3800sqft 7 years ago. Folks on the coasts are getting screwed.

I could plant a 20x40 steel building in the back yard for 10k

(plus slab, plumbing(yes I want it), and electricity)

Probably about $15k

Need a truck of dirt + leveled properly=$500

That's about 1/10 of the price you're talking about.

Last edited:
Just shut up and pay your fair share.

They lost their state deduction. Now because the state wanted the money, instead of giving it to the federal goverment. Now, they are complaining. Pay it or shut up, or get your state to lower taxes.

Huh?
The individual lost their state deduction, dope. Now they're paying taxes twice on the same money.

I asked you to prove that those states weren't paying their "fair share" before.

It was a deduction, they are losing. I thought you loons are against those anyway.

You're an idiot.

Define "fair share".
No more hiding. No more federal subsidies for you. I call it a subsidy because liberals have told us for decades, tax law such as R&D credits are subsidies. Libs have completely destroyed their own pro high tax arguments.

FYI... people pay Federal income tax, not states.

Stupid libs...

Last edited:

Huh?

You're an idiot.

Define "fair share".
Then why have such high state taxes? Again, that’s a state issue right?

These states that have high taxes also have huge inflation. In the winter I often turn on HGTV. I watch the Property Brothers show, and they have homes for 850K in these areas that around here would cost around 200K.

The more you make the more they take as the saying goes. Years ago I rented an apartment to some kid from New York because he was attending school here. I actually rented it to his mother since he didn't have a job. Anyway, I believe I charged him $450.00 a month utilities not included. He told me if I picked up my property and moved it around NYC, He would be paying about $1,300 a month for that same apartment, and he'd have to wait in line before he could get it.

Mine were well over $20k

I got screwed

If yours was well over 20K, then you are fairly wealthy.

Liar.

$150,000?

I could plant a 20x40 steel building in the back yard for 10k

(plus slab, plumbing(yes I want it), and electricity)

Probably about $15k

Need a truck of dirt + leveled properly=$500

That's about 1/10 of the price you're talking about.
It would probably violate zoning laws or CCD rules. Add the cost to get a building permit to the total. In California the permit and all the inspections to build a house can cost $100,000

Last edited:
Liberals are very confused. Is anyone surprised? They bitch all the time about how people are allowed to keep too much of the income they earned. Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden. They got exactly what they demanded. Now they are crying. Should high tax states pay their faire share of Federal income tax or should they continue with the lawsuits to avoid paying their fair share?

I have mentioned this topic before and it was moved to the rubber room by a mod. I am hopeful the title and topic will stick this time.

New York, 3 other states sue over federal tax reform law

"The SALT cap limited the amount of state and local tax — including property tax and state income tax — that can be deducted from married and individual federal tax filings.

The $10,000 limit took effect this year and will apply when people fill out their federal returns in 2019. Previously, taxpayers were allowed to deduct their entire state and local tax bill from their federal returns.

The cap hits high-tax, high-wealth states like New York particularly hard, with about 30 percent of the state's taxpayers expected to be impacted. It only applies to those who itemize their federal returns and pay more than $10,000 in state and local taxes."
Now they are suing to avoid paying their fair share of the Federal burden.

Liar.
They pay more than their fair share already.
These states already pay more in federal taxes than they receive back in federal spending even with the state tax deduction.

Eliminating the deduction ony increases that disparity that already existed with the low tax states. It is a double tax. If anything, that should piss you off.

Liar the indviauls don't that's why they are suing...the states are using that money to pay for their bloated union pensions and 100 grand a year dog catchers ..instead of giving it to the federal government.

You are dumb as shit, dude.

The deduction that was eliminated was for the individual. States don't pay federal taxes, dope.
The individual taxpayer now must pay federal income tax on the money that they've paid in state taxes.
The state gets their money either way, dope.
So pay up. You want your federal programs, you want your state programs too so write the check and stop being a bitch.

The higher rate states receive less in federal funding, dope.
Logically that makes sense but you all have difficulty with logic.

And you have difficulty comprehending the individuals don't pay their fair share to the feds, instead the money is going to bloated union government workers in blue states ...

That's why they are fucking sueing, the blue state governments does not want to accept fiscal responsibility

Mine were well over $20k

I got screwed

You can't be sure of that until you fill out your tax form. The new standard deduction may cover you.

You ever notice they don’t chant that they personally want to pay their fair share. Hell no. They chant that someone other than them needs to pay their fair share.
I don’t know the definition of fair share. They never give it out. Why?

I don’t know the definition of fair share. They never give it out. Why?

Fair share means everybody else is supposed to pay except them.

Forum List

Back