Highway Crisis looms if Congress does not act

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Highway Crisis Looms as Soon as August, US Warns - ABC News

So does the Do Nothing Congress do something or will they let our roads and bridges fall apart? The work programs that could be putting people to work doing worthwhile jobs could be enormous.... But if the GOP continues to block everything, expect gridlock on your roads soon.

As much as it hurts, the GOP is going to have to give up the money, even if it means helping the economy and the Obama administration.

But many Republicans say they'd rather offset increases in transportation spending with cuts to other government programs rather than tax increases.

This is good.

Instead, Obama is pushing a plan to close tax loopholes and use the revenue to pay for increased transportation spending for the next four years.

This is bad.

There is no reason to add costs to repair infrastructure. Everyone knows this. Just another way to bilk the public to piss away their hard earned greenbacks.

Fuck you and fuck the president. Useless scumbags.

So does the Do Nothing Congress do something or will they let our roads and bridges fall apart? The work programs that could be putting people to work doing worthwhile jobs could be enormous.... But if the GOP continues to block everything, expect gridlock on your roads soon.

As much as it hurts, the GOP is going to have to give up the money, even if it means helping the economy and the Obama administration.
Quit wasting federal highway dollars on worthless urban mass transit boondoggles, bike paths and other progressive pet projects, and there would be plenty of money for the roads and bridges.

I love these fake calls for infrastructure from the racist far left Obama drones.

The far left has been slowly dismantling the ability to up keep the infrastructure as to appease those neo-Nazi environmentalists.

Funny thing is, that it was far left FDR that made the military Industrial Complex that the far left hates.

It was that very complex that made the US infrastructure.

We already have registration fees, licensing fees, gasoline taxes, highway taxes all of which prorate against driver usage and should be more than enough to cover repairs and construction as they were intended. What has happened is democrats have raided those funds and wasted them on welfare, etc., and now want to extort more money. Remove all democrats and career republicans.

But many Republicans say they'd rather offset increases in transportation spending with cuts to other government programs rather than tax increases.

This is good.

Instead, Obama is pushing a plan to close tax loopholes and use the revenue to pay for increased transportation spending for the next four years.

This is bad.

Every year when I get to write-off 100% of my private air travel I thank idiots like you.

Pubs refuse to act. Instead, want to stick it to the states even though we already pay fed AND state taxes. They have obstructed and filibustered against infrastructure even though it could put millions to work.

That would accomplish two things the Republicans area against - investing in the US and jobs.

I love these fake calls for infrastructure from the racist far left Obama drones.

The far left has been slowly dismantling the ability to up keep the infrastructure as to appease those neo-Nazi environmentalists.

Funny thing is, that it was far left FDR that made the military Industrial Complex that the far left hates.

So, you're the 'racist far left Obama drones' guy!

IF this was really about using the gas tax just for roads, and not all the other stuff, I'd probably agree with you. But its really about a quackadoodle libertarian view supported by two senators and probably 40 house members holding a nation's commerce hostage.

This is good.

This is bad.

Every year when I get to write-off 100% of my private air travel I thank idiots like you.

That's MISTER idiot, ya jackwad!

now, now, the TPM doesn't just seek to return money to the Trust fund going to mass transport and bike paths. It seeks to end the highway trust fund so states, not a federal gas tax, maintains the highways.

Support the Transportation Empowerment Act - Tea Party
That is a good thing. It would end those wastes of fuel tax resources as a matter of course.

That is unless, of course, the various states decided to waste their tax funds on those petty playthings of social engineers.

Pubs refuse to act. Instead, want to stick it to the states even though we already pay fed AND state taxes. They have obstructed and filibustered against infrastructure even though it could put millions to work.

That would accomplish two things the Republicans area against - investing in the US and jobs.

It would be interesting to see even on piece of "infrastructure" legislation that has been obstructed and filibustered. But don't put yourself out for lil' ol' me.

Republican defunding has hurt the infrastructure.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=republican+defunding+of+infrastructure

Bush Signs $286.4B Highway Bill | Fox News

Obama again ...

Maybe if the fatheads on the Beltway would stop using Highway funds to poay off their donors and the unions, we wouldn't have this problem.

I thought the $800B Porkulus bill that Obama signed was suppose to solve all our problems? Where the fuck did all that money go?

It would be interesting to see even on piece of "infrastructure" legislation that has been obstructed and filibustered. But don't put yourself out for lil' ol' me.

Republican filibuster of infrastructure bill is one more piece of economic*sabotage

Republican defunding has hurt the infrastructure.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=republican+defunding+of+infrastructure

And then we have Obama pissing $800B away in the form of gifts to his Union hacks and Green companies on the verge of bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back