Highway Funding Is About to Run Out

How can this be? Where are all those $$$ we give the Feds every time we fill our tanks?
Here's a snippet of what you pay for every gallon of fuel you buy:

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. On average, as of January 2013, state and local taxes add 30.4 cents to gasoline and 30.0 cents to diesel, for a total US average fuel tax of 49.5 cents per gallon for gas and 54.8 cents per gallon for diesel. [Thanks to Wiki]

Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx says the U.S. Highway Trust Fund will run out of cash by the end of September, threatening widespread layoffs and delays of badly needed highway projects, unless long-term action is taken

The U.S. Highway Trust Fund is on the verge of insolvency, threatening widespread layoffs and delays of badly needed highway projects.

More hooey to support another money grab by Obama? The article says it's the reason behind his proposal to gouge $302BILLION out of you taxes to shore up the fund!

Read story @ U.S. Highway Funding on Brink of Insolvency - TIME

I don't mind the federal money spent to improve bus stops. But, those horribly expensive pedestrian bridges that nobody uses makes me shake my head. And, how much of the fund goes to an army of bureaucrats? :mad:

In 2002.....Infrastructure BAD.......Tax cuts for millionaires GOOD

infrachart-11113.png

How can this be? Where are all those $$$ we give the Feds every time we fill our tanks?

The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. On average, as of January 2013, state and local taxes add 30.4 cents to gasoline and 30.0 cents to diesel, for a total US average fuel tax of 49.5 cents per gallon for gas and 54.8 cents per gallon for diesel. [Thanks to Wiki]

Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx says the U.S. Highway Trust Fund will run out of cash by the end of September, threatening widespread layoffs and delays of badly needed highway projects, unless long-term action is taken

The U.S. Highway Trust Fund is on the verge of insolvency, threatening widespread layoffs and delays of badly needed highway projects.

More hooey to support another money grab by Obama? The article says it's the reason behind his proposal to gouge $302BILLION out of you taxes to shore up the fund!

I don't mind the federal money spent to improve bus stops. But, those horribly expensive pedestrian bridges that nobody uses makes me shake my head. And, how much of the fund goes to an army of bureaucrats? :mad:

infrachart-11113.png

Your chart shows infrastructure spending way down since Obama He's too busy sending the people's money to his crony's..:cuckoo:

Why don't you get the hell our of my country? You hate government so much I'm sure you'll be happy somewhere else. You dislike slush funds, how about Abramhoff and his buddy Delay - do you agree delay should be in prison, or are you selective on the slush funds, some you like others you don't?

Once again you can't stay on point, Abramhoff didn't use tax money and the conviction of Delay was overturned, are you going to argue with the courts who are much more familiar with the facts than you.

As for you inviting me to leave, fuck off and die. I spent 26 years in this countries uniform so you can be your piss ant self. I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, not a government that has zero respect for the limits in that document and I will fight to make them stay withing those limits till they change those limits in a constitutional manner or I die. If you have a problem with that then you're the problem, not me.

"Fuck off and die"? You piece of shit, you are mindful of all the punks we put in cages during my early career in LE. Well, why not get your six gun and head on to defend that other piece of shit in Nevada, you claim to support the rule of law, but only those laws which you feel are lawful.

Your posts are all negative, you've never posted solution to real issues, but have no problem coming up with 'problems' manufactured in your own mind and that of other paranoids. So fuck off, punk and take your arrogant Texas bullshit somewhere else.

As an aside, the first time I met a number of Texans was at NTCSD Boot camp in 1967; never before and never since have I met any group of people so fucking stupid and so fucking cocky. Several cried the first night and kept some awake until the CC came in, he told them to shut the fuck up after he made all of us drop and give him 20.

OK ignorant ass, show me in the Constitution where the feds have any right to control that land. I can show you where they shouldn't, but you first. Might do you good to actually read the document you swore to protect and defend as a LE officer.

Well, in NW Ark a third lane is being constructed right now, but much of road monies come from,,,the states. We are about to vote on a 1/2 cent sales tax to complete part of the I49/I540 bypass........that is being constructed to bypass Bella Vista, Ark and connect to SW Mizzouri.

Last edited:

infrachart-11113.png

Your chart shows infrastructure spending way down since Obama He's too busy sending the people's money to his crony's..:cuckoo:
That drop has happened while we have had a Republican House.

infrachart-11113.png

That drop has happened while we have had a Republican House.

Republicans run the country right? We a haven't had a budget the whole time. Continuing resolution, after continuing resolution....why'd only 3 percent of the stimulus go for infrastructure spending?

some of the stimulus was tax cuts..........

3% man... And the tax credits were targeted to Obama's crony's as i said

more like 40%
Fred Barnes either doesn't realize that just under 40% of the stimulus package was devoted to tax cuts, or he is intentionally misleading people:

The Obama stimulus package had $237 billion in tax cuts, and more than $100 billion of those were targeted at lower and middle class households, but Fred Barnes doesn't even acknowledge that (and it's okay if a large component was saved). There were also $51 billion in tax cuts for businesses that he fails to note.

Economist's View: Tax Cuts and the Stimulus Package

some of the stimulus was tax cuts..........

3% man... And the tax credits were targeted to Obama's crony's as i said

more like 40%
Fred Barnes either doesn't realize that just under 40% of the stimulus package was devoted to tax cuts, or he is intentionally misleading people:

The Obama stimulus package had $237 billion in tax cuts, and more than $100 billion of those were targeted at lower and middle class households, but Fred Barnes doesn't even acknowledge that (and it's okay if a large component was saved). There were also $51 billion in tax cuts for businesses that he fails to note.

Economist's View: Tax Cuts and the Stimulus Package

I dont haft to click your link there were no tax cuts they were tax credits ...infrastructure 3%

Once again you can't stay on point, Abramhoff didn't use tax money and the conviction of Delay was overturned, are you going to argue with the courts who are much more familiar with the facts than you.

As for you inviting me to leave, fuck off and die. I spent 26 years in this countries uniform so you can be your piss ant self. I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, not a government that has zero respect for the limits in that document and I will fight to make them stay withing those limits till they change those limits in a constitutional manner or I die. If you have a problem with that then you're the problem, not me.

"Fuck off and die"? You piece of shit, you are mindful of all the punks we put in cages during my early career in LE. Well, why not get your six gun and head on to defend that other piece of shit in Nevada, you claim to support the rule of law, but only those laws which you feel are lawful.

Your posts are all negative, you've never posted solution to real issues, but have no problem coming up with 'problems' manufactured in your own mind and that of other paranoids. So fuck off, punk and take your arrogant Texas bullshit somewhere else.

As an aside, the first time I met a number of Texans was at NTCSD Boot camp in 1967; never before and never since have I met any group of people so fucking stupid and so fucking cocky. Several cried the first night and kept some awake until the CC came in, he told them to shut the fuck up after he made all of us drop and give him 20.

OK ignorant ass, show me in the Constitution where the feds have any right to control that land. I can show you where they shouldn't, but you first. Might do you good to actually read the document you swore to protect and defend as a LE officer.

You have the right to remain silent, exercise it punk.

You have the right to remain silent, exercise it punk.

Surrender noted.

Forum List

Back