Hillary Clinton 2020

Go Hillary! You're the best - because NaziCons hate you most.
PutinWins.jpg

If the Dems have two brain cells to rub togehter:

hillarytonya2020-600x440.jpg

Hmmmm, faithless electors. Sure, that's what you want, as long as they vote the way you want them to. But if California's electors said, "The heck with this, we can't afford another loony democrat, so we'll all vote for a Republican", you'd crap yourself.

It would depend on the circumstances... If the Democrats had put up someone who was clearly nuts, the popular vote went against him, and the GOP guy was reasonable, I'd have no problem with that.

Of course, it would be a LOT better if we had direct elections... because the people get these things right. We only have problems when, 'Hey, the people said no, but his archaic system said yes, let's put this guy in!"

Trump, Bush, Rutherford B. Hayes... the Hall of Failures.

Hmmmm, faithless electors. Sure, that's what you want, as long as they vote the way you want them to. But if California's electors said, "The heck with this, we can't afford another loony democrat, so we'll all vote for a Republican", you'd crap yourself.

It would depend on the circumstances... If the Democrats had put up someone who was clearly nuts, the popular vote went against him, and the GOP guy was reasonable, I'd have no problem with that.

Of course, it would be a LOT better if we had direct elections... because the people get these things right. We only have problems when, 'Hey, the people said no, but his archaic system said yes, let's put this guy in!"

Trump, Bush, Rutherford B. Hayes... the Hall of Failures.

So your support for faithless electors extends so far as they vote the way you like. And no, the people don't always get it right, as witnessed by some of the democrats now in office.

So your support for faithless electors extends so far as they vote the way you like. And no, the people don't always get it right, as witnessed by some of the democrats now in office.

Well, your opinion... I think the folks we have in are just fine and represent their districts well.

The Republicans represent the rich only.

Now, that we have that out of the way, either you think it's okay for the Electors to substitute their judgement for that of the voters or you don't.

Well, your opinion... I think the folks we have in are just fine and represent their districts well.

The Republicans represent the rich only.

Now, that we have that out of the way, either you think it's okay for the Electors to substitute their judgement for that of the voters or you don't.

You obviously don't expect much from democrats. Nice little obligatory and meaningless talking point you inserted.

Is it okay for them to ignore the voters? Electing the president wasn't supposed to be a popularity contest, so of course they can, unless state law prohibits it. And large states should not be able to completely override the will of smaller states.

Is it okay for them to ignore the voters? Electing the president wasn't supposed to be a popularity contest, so of course they can, unless state law prohibits it. And large states should not be able to completely override the will of smaller states.

If the whole purpose of actually electing "electors" instead of just having votes per state was to send guys to Washington to actually deliberate, why have actual people at all?

Technically, the Founding Slave Rapists put TWO blocks in there to keep a madman from getting in.

1) The electors.
2) The final results have to be approved by Congress.

What should have happened is that someone should have said, "Oh My God, Trump is nuts!" and put a stop to it. They didn't.

The country desperately needs her leadership! She has my vote! What do you think?

I think if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate her, then they deserve four more years of Trump.

Look, the main reason why Trump won was that enough people who didn't like Trump hated her more. Period. Any other candidate would have beaten Trump easily.
you got that right joe.....but have they learned anything?....as far as i am concerned those running right now are just as bad...some are way out there or way to far left or way to old....its sad that quality people dont want to run anymore,all because of the bullshit they have to put up with ....quality people dont think its worth it....

I don't think she has the health or stamina to make it through the primary

I know, man, a bunch of Russian Trolls told us how sick she was.

On a serious note, the reason I don't think she should run is that a large chunk of the population has such a visceral reaction to her that running her would create support for Trump.

Whether its true or not. Now Trump crimes are coming home to roost.

I'm for Beto and a female running mate, Duckworth or Warren. Warren is not quick enough on her feet to go against Trump who is going to smear her up and down, but Beto is.
beto?....are you serious?....oh wait he gets his teeth cleaned and gets haircuts....thats good enough i guess....

We need a professional president - like Hillary.
yea we have had them before....nothing great....what the country needs is a leader....not someone like we have had the last few times who only lead the die hards in their parties...someone who can lead the so called middles of both parties...the so called far left and right will never follow anyone who doesnt totally agree with them so fuck them....

I don't think she has the health or stamina to make it through the primary

I know, man, a bunch of Russian Trolls told us how sick she was.

On a serious note, the reason I don't think she should run is that a large chunk of the population has such a visceral reaction to her that running her would create support for Trump.

Whether its true or not. Now Trump crimes are coming home to roost.

I'm for Beto and a female running mate, Duckworth or Warren. Warren is not quick enough on her feet to go against Trump who is going to smear her up and down, but Beto is.
beto?....are you serious?....oh wait he gets his teeth cleaned and gets haircuts....thats good enough i guess....

I've changed my mind on Beto. I'm now for Amy K or Biden or even Mayor Pete.

Forum List

Back