Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, dies

"Rodham and his older brother earned reputations as political embarrassments and liabilities for their sister and brother-in-law Bill Clinton. While Hillary served as secretary of state in the Obama administration, Tony was caught attempting to lobby the department for visa approvals.

In 1999, the Rodham brothers were publicly rebuked by then-President Clinton's national security adviser for endangering U.S. relations with Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze after they set up a company sell hazelnuts from Georgia and appeared to get close to Shevardnadze's political rival".

Jimmy Carter had a brother.

What happened with him?

Sheeeeeeeeet howdy !

main-qimg-5f0f01e4f08576f14ef3f8431f43db76-c

I know this thread is about Rodham, but Billy was a hoot.

The worst enemy Israel has is not the Palestine Liberation Organization; it is not the United Arab Republic, nor is it Soviet Russia. It is Billy Carter.

The damage he can do to Israel’s cause is much more subtle and pervasive than any military action could be, thus much harder to counter.

Why President Carter puts up with his consorting with those who would destroy Israel is difficult to understand.

Billy Carter as advocate for transparency in government.

A hostile editorial titled “Billy Carter Disgraceful”, published January 15, 1979, in Spokane’s Spokesman-Review offers further details:

For the better part of two years, President Carter’s redneck brother, Billy, has kept the nation in stitches. Though his antics sometimes embarrassed the president no one worried much about him. He was considered a harmless rube, a clown of sorts.

Today, Billy no longer is a laughing matter. He now is a national embarrassment. He was almost tolerable in the days when he pumped gas and peddled beer. But now, since he has gone to practicing statecraft, he has become a political liability to his brother.

These nuts

Early last week, Billy stepped from a limousine at the Atlanta airport and urinated on the concrete in the presence of an Arab diplomat, reporters and others.

He also outraged the city’s Jewish community by spending most of the week hosting a group of Libyan businessmen and government officials. Libya, of course, is a radical Arab nation committed to the destruction of Israel. The U.S. severed diplomatic ties with Libya 10 years ago.

Billy invited the group to Georgia in return for the hospitality he enjoyed in Libya last September. When asked if his brother approved of his squiring around the Libyans, Billy bristled, “They’re friends of mine and he don’t pick on my friends.” He went on to heap lavish praise on Libyan strongman Mommar Khadafy.

This was not the first time the younger Carter angered Atlanta’s Jewish community. Last November, at a roast for Atlanta Braves’ pitcher Phil Niekro, Carter turned to the baseball player and said, “I didn’t know you were a Polack. I thought you were an (expletive) Jew.”

Forum List

Back