Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners

I agree! She said this in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC earlier this evening. I was an NRA member and strong supporter for several years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. I would like to see a "rival" organization like the NRA was before it was hijacked by radicals.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

In gun lore it’s known as the Revolt at Cincinnati. On May 21, 1977, and into the morning of May 22, a rump caucus of gun rights radicals took over the annual meeting of the National Rifle Association.

The rebels wore orange-blaze hunting caps. They spoke on walkie-talkies as they worked the floor of the sweltering convention hall. They suspected that the NRA leaders had turned off the air-conditioning in hopes that the rabble-rousers would lose enthusiasm.

The Old Guard was caught by surprise. The NRA officers sat up front, on a dais, observing their demise. The organization, about a century old already, was thoroughly mainstream and bipartisan, focusing on hunting, conservation and marksmanship. It taught Boy Scouts how to shoot safely. But the world had changed, and everything was more political now. The rebels saw the NRA leaders as elites who lacked the heart and conviction to fight against gun-control legislation.

Much More: How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

Very True-- 9 out of 10 gun owners do want background checks including checks for mental illness. The ONLY ones that don't want background checks are the ones that couldn't pass one.
90 percent of Americans want expanded background checks on guns. Why isn’t this a political slam dunk?

Most gun owners have a foul taste in their mouths over assault weapons. They've been proven time and time again they're just used for people massacre's. Our forefathers never intended this when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

david-horsey-cartoon20091019.jpg

I doubt Republicans will do much about this recent massacre--they didn't do anything over Sandy Hook--so your only option is to vote for Democrats who will get legislation done to ban assault weapons in this country. Republicans aren't going to do jack shit, and if it meant getting more votes they would be passing out automatic weapons, grenade's and bazooka's. They are not in the least bit interested in the safety of the General public.

Last edited:
...your ways simply make life more dangerous with your foolish laws
Laws requiring universal background checks, user-training, licensing, firearm registration, and periodic re-certifications, make life more dangerous?

In what Alternative Reality would that be true?

Time for Federal standards all across the board... vetting, licensure, registration, training, transactions, etc... the States have long-since proven their incompetency with that.

The time has come for uniformity on a nationwide scale... same procedure in Maine as in New Mexico.

we do have a federal standard
Mandatory in all States... universally enforced... vetting... licensure... registration... training... transactions... take it out of State hands and have the Feds do it all.

In this topical area, most States would screw-up a two-car funeral... they are incompetent... and they've had their chance... time for them to step aside on this matter.

Send it over to a corrupt govt that starts never ending wars, 20 trillion in debt, continually spies on you, patriot act, passes laws that are bankrupting the country, obamacare? No thanks.
Ultimately, I don't think you're going to have a choice in the matter... Public Safety is going to end-up overwhelming legal concerns.

not a chance of it
As things stand now, you're probably correct.

As things stand in future, that remains to be seen.

you'll just have to jump thru more hoops to acquire and keep 'em.
and just so we're clear, that is semantics....you just substituted "hoops" for "infringement"
Nope.

Hoops = modern-day Public Safety requirements associated with responsible exercise of that Right.

You are part of an informal, nationwide, last-ditch, all-citizen "militia" which is granted the Right to bear arms by the Constitution of the United States.

Gun Rights advocates have been positing thus for decades.

Agreed.

Hoops = "well regulated " .

-------------------

Next slide, please.

Last edited:
we do have a federal background check
Time for Federal standards all across the board... vetting, licensure, registration, training, transactions, etc... the States have long-since proven their incompetency with that.

The time has come for uniformity on a nationwide scale... same procedure in Maine as in New Mexico.

Mandatory in all States... universally enforced... vetting... licensure... registration... training... transactions... take it out of State hands and have the Feds do it all.

In this topical area, most States would screw-up a two-car funeral... they are incompetent... and they've had their chance... time for them to step aside on this matter.

Send it over to a corrupt govt that starts never ending wars, 20 trillion in debt, continually spies on you, patriot act, passes laws that are bankrupting the country, obamacare? No thanks.
Ultimately, I don't think you're going to have a choice in the matter... Public Safety is going to end-up overwhelming legal concerns.

Sadly, our tyrannical govt is moving in that direction quickly. Hundreds of millions won't play along though.

Hilllary WHO..................that dumb woman who lost the election after spending like 800 million or more.................

Oh..........that one...............

asdf.jpg

Since police officers goes around shooting Black folks. That they had went through intense training at the academy. And so what makes us to be judging others, knowing if they are right in the mind or not. But if Hillary and her people wants everybody to not be armed. So then they should shows us how to survive without being armed. By telling their secret servicemen to throw away their guns. But the Left believes that all immigrants are good people, but they says that all Whites folks are dangerous.

Psychological Evaluation
The Psychological Evaluation consists of an individual oral interview and evaluation by a City psychologist on factors related to successful performance in the difficult and stressful job of Police Officer. The information evaluated includes the written psychological tests completed during the medical evaluation along with information obtained in the background investigation process. The results are valid for 12 months.
Police Officer Recruitment Information | City of L.A. Personnel Department

Neptune cop charged with shooting, killing ex-wife in front of daughter

I agree! She said this in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC earlier this evening. I was an NRA member and strong supporter for several years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. I would like to see a "rival" organization like the NRA was before it was hijacked by radicals.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

In gun lore it’s known as the Revolt at Cincinnati. On May 21, 1977, and into the morning of May 22, a rump caucus of gun rights radicals took over the annual meeting of the National Rifle Association.

The rebels wore orange-blaze hunting caps. They spoke on walkie-talkies as they worked the floor of the sweltering convention hall. They suspected that the NRA leaders had turned off the air-conditioning in hopes that the rabble-rousers would lose enthusiasm.

The Old Guard was caught by surprise. The NRA officers sat up front, on a dais, observing their demise. The organization, about a century old already, was thoroughly mainstream and bipartisan, focusing on hunting, conservation and marksmanship. It taught Boy Scouts how to shoot safely. But the world had changed, and everything was more political now. The rebels saw the NRA leaders as elites who lacked the heart and conviction to fight against gun-control legislation.

Much More: How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby
You and Bitchillary are both FOS. Most NRA members are responsible gun owners who believe in the 2nd Amendment. They generally also believe that criminals do not obey laws...which is definitely a no-brain-required conclusion.

I carry 24/7...even to my own bathroom. One cannot predict when a criminal asshole will invade one's space.

Nope.

Hoops = modern-day Public Safety requirements associated with responsible exercise of that Right.

You are part of an informal, nationwide, last-ditch, all-citizen "militia" which is granted the Right to bear arms by the Constitution of the United States.

Agreed.

and "more hoops" = infringement...redefinition = infringement...no one is fooled by commie speak except those that wish to be...we know what you are up to, the semantics fool no American

Sadly, our tyrannical govt is moving in that direction quickly. Hundreds of millions won't play along though.
Hundreds of millions? More like a few thousand, scattered across the country, I'm afraid.

Nope.

Agreed.

and "more hoops" = infringement...redefinition = infringement...no one is fooled by commie speak except those that wish to be...we know what you are up to, the semantics fool no American
May that self-delusion console you as the nation moves towards sanity in its firearms policies.

Nope.

Agreed.

May that self-delusion console you as the nation moves towards sanity in its firearms policies.
that's just more left wing commie speak for 'as the nation moves further away from freedom'

I agree with Hillary!

I agree with Hillary!

Makes sense since you're both ill-informed morons spouting garbage. You need to answer this question for me and Hillary.

HOW MANY gun owners associations ALREADY EXIST AND HAVE EXISTED -- besides the NRA??

Now check your twice bumped title again. You see a problem? :eusa_doh:

Hillary doesn't KNOW THIS? THE SMARTEST WOMAN ON THE PLANET?

Can you name 4 or 5 and how LONG they've existed? You posted this phony premise a YEAR ago and just bumped it Monday to get beaten into the ground again? SERIOUSLY? You don't KNOW how many other gun owner associations there already are?

Didn't need to get bumped.. YOU and your Hillary need to get smarter..

Hundreds of millions? More like a few thousand, scattered across the country, I'm afraid.

I meant tens of millions. There are approximately 55 million gun owners who own 150 million guns. Id have to say most of those 10's of millions won't give it up. The people that do will be mostly from the NE.

I meant tens of millions. There are approximately 55 million gun owners who own 150 million guns. Id have to say most of those 10's of millions won't give it up. The people that do will be mostly from the NE.

during the revolutionary war only 3 percent took part in the actual on the ground war

3 percent of 55 million over a million and half armed individuals willing to take up arms

during the revolutionary war another 20 percent took active measures to assist the fighting force

which is another 11 million

Forum List

Back