Hillary: We have got to do something about gun violence in America

2 milion isn't mathematically possible based on crime rates and gun ownership. Give it up already.

That is the average of the studies brain, you can lie about the numbers all you want. I posted the studies, anyone interested can see the actual numbers…and those are actual gun studies, they didn't pull the numbers out of their asses….

Your biggest study you can't prove exists. Next biggest wasnt national. And you leave off any without crazy numbers like the 108k for the ncvs.

Show how 2 million is mathematically possible.

Brain....dipshit.....the National Crime Victimization Survey is not a gun self defense study...in fact...it doesn't use the word gun in any of the questions...

And from the Daily Kos...the super left wing nut site....

The Daily Kos on why the NCVS is wrong...
Defensive Gun Use Part III - The National Crime Victimization Study

The disadvantages of this study design are:
1) the study is not specifically designed to measure DGUs;

2) the study does not track every type of crime;

3) the study does not ask every interviewee about episodes of DGU;

4) interviewees are not specifically asked about defending themselves with a gun;

5) follow-up studies have demonstrated that the incidence of assault (and especially assaults by relatives and non-strangers) in the NCVS is under-reported, and if crime is under-reported then so too will DGUs be under-reported;

6) respondents’ anonymity is not preserved, and some interviewees may therefore feel wary or unwilling to discuss gun use with federal government employees.

It is a crime study. You need a crime for a LEGAL dgu. That might be the problem with your surveys.

I can show 108k is mathematically possible. Let's see you show your 2 million is possible.

Of course, as a lefty and an anti gun extremist you can't grasp the truth...you cite a study that isn't a gun self defense study, doesn't even ask about gun use and has all of the following flaws on top of that......

The Daily Kos on why the NCVS is wrong...
Defensive Gun Use Part III - The National Crime Victimization Study

The disadvantages of this study design are:
1) the study is not specifically designed to measure DGUs;

2) the study does not track every type of crime;

3) the study does not ask every interviewee about episodes of DGU;

4) interviewees are not specifically asked about defending themselves with a gun;

5) follow-up studies have demonstrated that the incidence of assault (and especially assaults by relatives and non-strangers) in the NCVS is under-reported, and if crime is under-reported then so too will DGUs be under-reported;

6) respondents’ anonymity is not preserved, and some interviewees may therefore feel wary or unwilling to discuss gun use with federal government employees.
I can show 108k is mathematically possible. Let's see you show your 2 million is possible.

30,000 gun deaths a year is not keeping us safe

The rest of the civilized world shudders at our murder rate, massacres and assasinations

We just lookat the numbers and smirk

Liar…….there are only 8,454 gun murders, 505 accidental gun deaths, and the rest are suicides….you assholes have to add suicides into the mix just to get your number up.

Of course, half the suicides in the country happened without guns….so if we didn't have guns those people would simply use the same method as the other half….

And countries, Japan, China, South Korea, with almost 0 civilian gun ownership have 2 times the rate of suicide as we do……

The number one method of suicide around the world…hanging….

Don't worry, I shudder to think that the most civilized countries in the world rounded up and murdered 12 million innocent men, women, and children in death camps….and they were disarmed.

And only a little over 200 criminals shot and killed. Sounds more anti people than anti crime.

Law abiding people do not execute criminals, they drive them off or hold them for police unless the criminal is really stupid and presses the attack, then they get shot...and out of 2 million defensive uses of guns, on average, each year.....law abiding people only have to kill about 238, and that number is a little low...

Yes I wouldn't call 100x more likely to kill yourself than a criminal anti crime.

And I would call law abiding people using their guns to stop or prevent crime 2 million times a year, on average really stopping crime....expecially future crime since the criminals go to jail....

2 million isn't even possible.

Liar…….there are only 8,454 gun murders, 505 accidental gun deaths, and the rest are suicides….you assholes have to add suicides into the mix just to get your number up.

Of course, half the suicides in the country happened without guns….so if we didn't have guns those people would simply use the same method as the other half….

And countries, Japan, China, South Korea, with almost 0 civilian gun ownership have 2 times the rate of suicide as we do……

The number one method of suicide around the world…hanging….

Don't worry, I shudder to think that the most civilized countries in the world rounded up and murdered 12 million innocent men, women, and children in death camps….and they were disarmed.

And only a little over 200 criminals shot and killed. Sounds more anti people than anti crime.

Law abiding people do not execute criminals, they drive them off or hold them for police unless the criminal is really stupid and presses the attack, then they get shot...and out of 2 million defensive uses of guns, on average, each year.....law abiding people only have to kill about 238, and that number is a little low...

Yes I wouldn't call 100x more likely to kill yourself than a criminal anti crime.

And I would call law abiding people using their guns to stop or prevent crime 2 million times a year, on average really stopping crime....expecially future crime since the criminals go to jail....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....
And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....
And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....

And the result isn't mathematically possible. That is a clear hint your 2 million is wrong. Your surveys are not accurate. Anyone with common sense can see that.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

And the result isn't mathematically possible. That is a clear hint your 2 million is wrong. Your surveys are not accurate. Anyone with common sense can see that.

Common sense tells normal people that 40 years of actual gun studies show that guns are used to stop crime and save lives far more than they are used to murder people. Also, normal people can see that by disarming law abiding people you are exposing up to 3 million people a year to violent criminal attack with no means to stop it.

That is what common sense shows...moron.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Common sense tells normal people that 40 years of actual gun studies show that guns are used to stop crime and save lives far more than they are used to murder people. Also, normal people can see that by disarming law abiding people you are exposing up to 3 million people a year to violent criminal attack with no means to stop it.

And you can't show your claim of millions is even possible. So common sense says it is less.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

And you can't show your claim of millions is even possible. So common sense says it is less.

Tell that to the people who actually did the research instead of picking the number out of your ass....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tell that to the people who actually did the research instead of picking the number out of your ass....

The number comes from the largest study done by far. And it's even mathematically possible.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The number comes from the largest study done by far. And it's even mathematically possible.

The National Crime Victimization Survey doesn't even ask about gun use...it is not a gun study..so of course you cling to it because it has such a low number.....

The National Crime Victimization Survey doesn't even ask about gun use...it is not a gun study..so of course you cling to it because it has such a low number.....

Being in the realm of reality helps too. Still waiting for you to show 2 million is even possible.

Being in the realm of reality helps too. Still waiting for you to show 2 million is even possible.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

La times is the highest tell us about the study. How many were surveyed?

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The majority of your studies say it is under 2 million.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Considering it was cited in a peer reviewed work, talk to Dr. Kleck, you can find him at his cite, and email him your question....and all those other studies asshole.....you always choose one study to challenge when there are so many others that confirm the high number of self defense gun uses....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Considering it was cited in a peer reviewed work, talk to Dr. Kleck, you can find him at his cite, and email him your question....and all those other studies asshole.....you always choose one study to challenge when there are so many others that confirm the high number of self defense gun uses....

Sounds like you don't know much about the study. Kleck has been debunked many times over.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Sounds like you don't know much about the study. Kleck has been debunked many times over.

No he hasn't...anti gun extremists lying about his work is not debunking his work...

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The vast majority say under 2 million.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

No he hasn't...anti gun extremists lying about his work is not debunking his work...

So tell us about this la times study.

Forum List

Back