History of Biden, Wallace, and Trump

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
So Biden is trying to associate Trump with Wallace but guess what has actually happened?

Flashback: Joe Biden Repeatedly Praised George Wallace

Such instances in which Biden mentioned Wallace only grew through the 1980s, becoming more commonplace in the lead-up to his first presidential run in 1988. Back then, the South was still nominally Democrat but had voted overwhelmingly for President Ronald Reagan in 1980 and 1984. Biden appeared to believe his youth, moderate record, and stance on busing presented the best opportunity to bring Southern whites back into the Democrat camp.

As he traveled the South in 1986 and 1987, Biden not only downplayed his support for civil rights, but also made frequent references to Wallace. In April 1987, Biden even reportedly tried to court an Alabama audience by boasting about how Wallace had honored him with an award.

“Biden talked of his sympathy for the South; bragged of an award he had received from George Wallace in 1973 and said “we [Delawareans] were on the South’s side in the Civil War,” as reported by the Inquirer in September of that year.

Apart from openly touting “his sympathy for the South” and the accolade bestowed by Wallace, Biden also bragged the Alabama governor heaped praise on his capabilities as a politician.

“Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware … tells Southerners that the lower half of his state is culturally part of Dixie,” the Detroit Free Press reported in May 1987. “He reminds them that former Alabama Gov. George Wallace praised him as one of the outstanding young politicians of America.”​

The Ellis Island Medal of Honor is an American award founded by the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations (NECO)[1] which pays homage to the immigrant experience and the contribution made to America by immigrants and their children. The medals are awarded to native-born and naturalized U.S. citizens.[2][3]

The medals were established at the time of NECO’s founding in 1986; a ceremony is held each May on Ellis Island.[4] All branches of the United States Armed Forces traditionally participate. Both the United States House of Representatives and United States Senate have officially recognized the Ellis Island Medals of Honor, and each year’s recipients are read into the Congressional Record.[5] The Great Hall where immigrants were once processed hosts the gala dinner which follows the ceremony. Approximately 100 medalists are honored each year. Past medalists include six Presidents, as well as Nobel Prize winners and leaders of industry, education, the arts, sports and government.

Trump’s 30-Year Record of Rejecting Racism and Promoting Equality

I wonder how much Trump paid to be included.
Have no idea what it cost but he gave large amounts to both Sharpton and others. Have no idea what it cost him to keep that homeless African American woman in trump tower, paying for her meals and fresh flowers weekly for all those years. Or the other acts of kindness. I am guessing many millions. Just a guess on my part.

Have no idea what it cost but he gave large amounts to both Sharpton and others. Have no idea what it cost him to keep that homeless African American woman in trump tower, paying for her meals and fresh flowers weekly for all those years. Or the other acts of kindness. I am guessing many millions. Just a guess on my part.

If she's been there for years, I wouldn't call her homeless. She's just another woman that Trump is paying off.

If she's been there for years, I wouldn't call her homeless. She's just another woman that Trump is paying off.
Lol. Well got to give you credit for being able to spin things like a clothes dryer. Low IQ but able to spin.

Forum List

Back