Holy Mother of the Universe - you need to watch this vid.

Police brutality has been around as long as there have been police from what I can tell.

What's different now is that so many people have the means and the desire to film the action of the cops.
Thereby making it look like there is more going on than there was in the past.

The stuff in the past we didn't see.

I grew up with a Dad who was always in trouble with the law. They beat the snot out of him a few times in the elevator going up to the jail. Handcuffed. Nothing ever said about it. Just the way it was. They'd say he fell, resisted whatever. But he'd tell us what happened. There were no cameras. No witness's. This was in the 60ties.

But just look at it this way. Those nice folks will get a nice check from the city the police department was supposed to be serving. Or was this the State Police guys? Either way, moneys a coming soon.

Can the Police stop you just for not wearing your seat belt in that State?

If so, what is the Fine for it? $25?

Can the Police stop you just for not wearing your seat belt in that State?

If so, what is the Fine for it? $25?

Yes, but they do not have the right to pull anyone else out of the car without probable cause.

The guy who was tazed was sitting in the passenger seat, he wasn't even required by law to have any ID with him, since he was not driving. In the moment that the police demanded that the man, who was seatbelted and had done absolutely nothing wrong, get out of the car without probable cause, is the moment that they fucked up. And it's on camera.

Why does the passenger have to show ID? Why does the passenger have to get out of the car?

Just like the poor man who was shot for doing what the cop told him to do - get his ID, this man was just doing what he was told to do.

No excuse for that, and I'm certain they're going to pay bigtime, but why oh why didn't the guy just get out of the damn car ?

No excuse for that, and I'm certain they're going to pay bigtime, but why oh why didn't the guy just get out of the damn car ?

Because there should be no reason for him to have to. Without having indicated even the hint of probable cause, the police were not within their right to ask him to get out of the car. He was

a.) not the driver
b.) was seat-belted

I thought it awe inspiring how they soothed the kids in their fear. Not.

I wonder how many Black people are aguing online amongst themselves over whether or not a White victim of police misconduct was within his rights to ignore requests for I.D.? Or are they collectively laughing among themselves at the sight of a White person being tased and dragged through the windo of their car by "da pohleese".

I mean, let's be honest here. Stat's just pimping himself out for anti-White, pro-Black cred here. He doesn't actually care about the fella in the video.

I think they were pre-occupied with estimating the pay-out they most likely counting on rather than seeing to the wellbeing of the children in the back. I mean, she was more concerned that the event had been captured on video than she was for her sobbing and distressed children.

I think they were pre-occupied with estimating the pay-out they most likely counting on rather than seeing to the wellbeing of the children in the back. I mean, she was more concerned that the event had been captured on video than she was for her sobbing and distressed children.

I would like to forgive you for your stupidity, but had you read the entire thing, the woman was on her with with her family to a hospital in Chicago, where her mother was dying. I am pretty sure the entire family was thinking about that more than anything else - until the police stopped her.

I wonder how many Black people are aguing online amongst themselves over whether or not a White victim of police misconduct was within his rights to ignore requests for I.D.? Or are they collectively laughing among themselves at the sight of a White person being tased and dragged through the windo of their car by "da pohleese".

I mean, let's be honest here. Stat's just pimping himself out for anti-White, pro-Black cred here. He doesn't actually care about the fella in the video.

No, you are lying. I even wrote in the OP that I was not sure that this was about race. YOU brought up race, not I.
Pay attention.

I would like to forgive you for your stupidity, but had you read the entire thing, the woman was on her with with her family to a hospital in Chicago, where her mother was dying. I am pretty sure the entire family was thinking about that more than anything else - until the police stopped her.

I appreciate that they were on the way to the hospital to pay their last respects to the driver's mother, but when the police smash your passenger widow, tase the front passenger and then drag him through the window, your concentration is inevitably going to switch from your sick relative to the incredibly aggressive act you've just witnessed. Owing to that, I'm fairly certain the family's attention was focused on that. You'd have to be particularly naive not to appreciate that.

Police Brutality gone absolutely rampant. There is just no other way to describe this.

Just watch:

Long story short: married couple with 2 children in the back, on the way to the hospital in Chicago. The young woman's mother is dying. The young woman is stopped because she did not have her seat-belt on, which she readily admitted to. The cops write also demand to see her husband's ID (he is in the passenger seat). He has no ID with him, but then shows them a ticket he received. When he reaches into a bag to get the ticket, the cops pull their guns. They demand that he get out of the car. He refuses. They break the glass of the window, tase him and drag him away. The one son films all of it.

The couple has filed suit. You can read the suit here:

PDF Full text of lawsuit against Hammond Indiana police officers - Chicago Tribune

Interesting information on p. 17 of the document, about the past history of two of the cops.
You should read the entire text of the lawsuit.

So, for a minor traffic violation, the lives of four US citizens were endangered by Indiana Police Officers who had no probable cause to suspect a crime of any sort at all.

The story is being reported all over the place:

Tasered Passenger My Civil Rights Were Just Thrown Out the Window - NBC News

http://abc7chicago.com/news/hammond-pd-accused-of-excessive-force/340230/

Hammond Family Sues Police For Excessive Force During Traffic Stop CBS Chicago

Lisa Mahone Jamal Jones Family sues for excessive force after police allegedly smash car window - wptv.com

CNN panel erupts in argument about cops and racial profiling - The Washington Post

WATCH Cops smash window to use Taser on passenger during seat belt traffic stop

Indiana police smash window and taser passenger during routine traffic stop Daily Mail Online

Police sued for using stun gun on man after smashing car window US news theguardian.com

Police shatter car window extract passenger after alleged seatbelt violation Police State USA

Video Shows Officer Using Stun Gun in Traffic Stop - ABC News

Hammond family claims police overstepped their authority during - FOX 32 News Chicago

Video Cop Smashes Through Window Tasers Man As He Refuses To Show ID During Traffic Stop Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

It is even being reported in Germany:

Polizist schl gt Fenster ein und tasert Beifahrer Junge filmt bergriff mit seinem Handy - RTL.de

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not going to say this is about race, because I don't know. None of us know for sure.

But should the other incidents in which at least two of the officiers have been accused of similar behavior also involved race, then things might look different.

This is about police brutality. I have a family member who is a police officer, so I am a big fan of our law enforcement and also know what they go through. But even my relative was incensed when he saw this, said that the cop who broke the glass was "way out of line".

If we live in a land where innocence is assumed until proven otherwise and the police had absolutely no reason to suspect anything about the guy in the passenger seat, then why in the hell did they behave this way?

This is just fucking crazy. It's not supposed to be this way in the freest nation on earth.

Based on reports the police had no PC to ask the passenger for his ID. The couple definitely helped to push it out of control by their intransigence. The one I feel truly sorry for is the kid in the back seat. No one should have to be put through that.

The cops are going to lose, and lose big. And they should. They were stupid for allowing themselves to be goaded into that action.

Police Brutality gone absolutely rampant. There is just no other way to describe this.

Just watch:

Long story short: married couple with 2 children in the back, on the way to the hospital in Chicago. The young woman's mother is dying. The young woman is stopped because she did not have her seat-belt on, which she readily admitted to. The cops write also demand to see her husband's ID (he is in the passenger seat). He has no ID with him, but then shows them a ticket he received. When he reaches into a bag to get the ticket, the cops pull their guns. They demand that he get out of the car. He refuses. They break the glass of the window, tase him and drag him away. The one son films all of it.

The couple has filed suit. You can read the suit here:

PDF Full text of lawsuit against Hammond Indiana police officers - Chicago Tribune

Interesting information on p. 17 of the document, about the past history of two of the cops.
You should read the entire text of the lawsuit.

So, for a minor traffic violation, the lives of four US citizens were endangered by Indiana Police Officers who had no probable cause to suspect a crime of any sort at all.

The story is being reported all over the place:

Tasered Passenger My Civil Rights Were Just Thrown Out the Window - NBC News

http://abc7chicago.com/news/hammond-pd-accused-of-excessive-force/340230/

Hammond Family Sues Police For Excessive Force During Traffic Stop CBS Chicago

Lisa Mahone Jamal Jones Family sues for excessive force after police allegedly smash car window - wptv.com

CNN panel erupts in argument about cops and racial profiling - The Washington Post

WATCH Cops smash window to use Taser on passenger during seat belt traffic stop

Indiana police smash window and taser passenger during routine traffic stop Daily Mail Online

Police sued for using stun gun on man after smashing car window US news theguardian.com

Police shatter car window extract passenger after alleged seatbelt violation Police State USA

Video Shows Officer Using Stun Gun in Traffic Stop - ABC News

Hammond family claims police overstepped their authority during - FOX 32 News Chicago

Video Cop Smashes Through Window Tasers Man As He Refuses To Show ID During Traffic Stop Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

It is even being reported in Germany:

Polizist schl gt Fenster ein und tasert Beifahrer Junge filmt bergriff mit seinem Handy - RTL.de

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not going to say this is about race, because I don't know. None of us know for sure.

But should the other incidents in which at least two of the officiers have been accused of similar behavior also involved race, then things might look different.

This is about police brutality. I have a family member who is a police officer, so I am a big fan of our law enforcement and also know what they go through. But even my relative was incensed when he saw this, said that the cop who broke the glass was "way out of line".

If we live in a land where innocence is assumed until proven otherwise and the police had absolutely no reason to suspect anything about the guy in the passenger seat, then why in the hell did they behave this way?

This is just fucking crazy. It's not supposed to be this way in the freest nation on earth.

Based on reports the police had no PC to ask the passenger for his ID. The couple definitely helped to push it out of control by their intransigence. The one I feel truly sorry for is the kid in the back seat. No one should have to be put through that.

The cops are going to lose, and lose big. And they should. They were stupid for allowing themselves to be goaded into that action.

I agree with most all of what you said, except the goading part.

My take is that it is truly up to the police to keep situations from escalating. After all they are the trained professionals.

It should not be up to John Q Public to be responsible for how the officers react in situations.

Could've been avoided if the stupid fuck just followed directions and exited the car. Nothing to see here.......just people creating problems for themselves.

Apparently he's not as stupid as you. There was no probable cause to even ask him a question; some of us more intelligent folk take the 4th Amendment seriously.

You need to learn the law and your rights then. Supreme Court, Maryland vs Wilson. Cops can order your out of your car, for any or no reason, so long as they stopped you legally (seat belt law in this case).

If you refuse, they can force you out. Like it or not, its the law.

Just for your "intelligence" and all.

Forum List

Back