🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Holy price increase batman!

I don't think I've ever got a good piece of wood from Home Depot, to be honest.

It's usually the most knotty, bowed crap around.
I mostly like Lowes better, but if highest quality not price is the real issue, a well run, long time family owned lumberyard is always the place to go.

I mostly like Lowes better, but if highest quality not price is the real issue, a well run, long time family owned lumberyard is always the place to go.

Yeah, Lowe's is often alright.

Think the last time I needed wood I bought from 84 Lumber.

Our 84 locally is often pretty shallow. But we had salesmen that called on some locations, very impressed, and these guys knew, back in the day.

Doesn't matter. There is no 8' pine stud in the world worth me paying $10.00 for. Let the lumber stores sit empty and see how fast the prices come down.
bet most of your lumber goes to large contractors.....same story for sheetrock so out of control brother has attached an addendum for first time,,,,all bids subject to change due to unexpected market forces

It's the opposite between Home Depot and Lowe's here, although it may have more to do with management and personnel.
If you don't mind spending the money though, family owned and local has better stuff.

It's the opposite between Home Depot and Lowe's here, although it may have more to do with management and personnel.
If you don't mind spending the money though, family owned and local has better stuff.

I like home depot for everything except flooring back shelf items. Custom products are trash. On that Lowes is Vastly superior

I like home depot for everything except flooring back shelf items. Custom products are trash. On that Lowes is Vastly superior

I am pretty sure the difference here is more localized ... Plus ... The Home Depot is easier to get to.

The swankier Lowe's is in the middle of a shopping complex, surrounded by 20 stores and a terrible traffic nightmare.
The other Lowe's ... Well, open carry may be recommended around there.

Grampa Murked U, find a local with a sawmill. If you were not so far away I'd recommend a few I know who would love to have you for a customer to buy their lumber. I'm sure you have some of those privates there too not far from you.

Lowes plumbing department is AWFUL so I avoid them unless I need mapei products.
I am a shitty plumber at best. My view of that department, depends on who is in that department at the time, whether they have a clue or give a damn.

Forum List

Back