Holy Spankings! Democrats open 14% lead in ABC/WaPo midterms poll

These broad polls are nonsense.

Take each race and poll the registered voters in those districts and then add up the results and how the balance of power will be affected come January 2019.

That is what matters.

This poll is right in line with all the other polls taken over the weekend. The GOP is fucked in November and conservatives are like the band on the Titanic who kept playing while the ship went down.

These are not national races.

That is a national poll.

It may be spot on, but it doesn’t tell the story.

A Democrat would win by 40 points in California and a Republican can win by 2 points in Florida.

That means Dems are up by 38 points?

I’d love to see some incumbents run out of Congress, Republicans and Democrats.

Unfortunately for me, it’s generally Republicans who want smaller government like I do, but it sucks, because most Republicans are just as awful as most Democrats.

Our Congress suck a fat one.

A Republican can win by 40 points in Alabama as well. Several Republican incumbents are likely to lose.

Take each race and poll the registered voters in those districts and then add up the results and how the balance of power will be affected come January 2019.

That is what matters.

This poll is right in line with all the other polls taken over the weekend. The GOP is fucked in November and conservatives are like the band on the Titanic who kept playing while the ship went down.

That is a national poll.

A Democrat would win by 40 points in California and a Republican can win by 2 points in Florida.

Unfortunately for me, it’s generally Republicans who want smaller government like I do, but it sucks, because most Republicans are just as awful as most Democrats.

They don't have to represent national races. They show an overall trend across the board. Yes, very red districts are going to stay red, but swing districts or moderately red district, probably not so much. It amazes me how conservatives have so quickly forgotten about the 2006 midterms and 2008 election when they got their asses handed to them. The signals are exactly the same.

I’m not sure what you are arguing. I never claimed that Pubs won’t lose seats.

I think they may well lose the house and hold onto the Senate.

I claimed a national poll is not necessarily the best predictor for what will exactly happen.

Based on that poll, What do you think will be the exact balance of power in Congress after the election?

How many Dems and Pubs will be in the House and how many Dems and Pubs will be in the Senate in the 116th Congress?

They're the same ones that predicted that Hillary would blow out Trump. What else you got?
The midterms won't be decided by the electoral college...
Of course not.
But do you think the Dems can bus enough people into Republican held states to flip them? They can do it one state at a time but not all at once.

Around 66 seats are less Republican that Ohio-12 that Republicans won by less than 1 percentage point. The suburbs are revolting against Trump. Even in Republican Alabama, Democrats did better than Clinton did.
Maybe you're right....but I doubt it.
People are getting tired of the ridiculous crap the Democrats are pulling.
Democrats can't change people's minds....so they instead manufacture votes.

People are tired of the ridiculous crap Trump is pulling.
Suburban women will likely bury Trump and Republicans in the midterms..
What "ridiculous crap?"

Of course not.
But do you think the Dems can bus enough people into Republican held states to flip them? They can do it one state at a time but not all at once.

Around 66 seats are less Republican that Ohio-12 that Republicans won by less than 1 percentage point. The suburbs are revolting against Trump. Even in Republican Alabama, Democrats did better than Clinton did.

What "ridiculous crap?"

Attacking our law enforcement agencies, attacking individuals, attacking things in general, personal insults, and this week he may have cut it wide wide his actions during McCain's death and criticizing the indictment of Republican Congressmen.

That is what matters.

That is a national poll.

They don't have to represent national races. They show an overall trend across the board. Yes, very red districts are going to stay red, but swing districts or moderately red district, probably not so much. It amazes me how conservatives have so quickly forgotten about the 2006 midterms and 2008 election when they got their asses handed to them. The signals are exactly the same.
If you think the majority of America support Antifa, support gutting ICE and support repealing the 2nd amendment, you are an idiot.

Democrats didn’t run on those things in 2006 or 2008.

Democrats have done everything they could to lose voters. If they win here then this country is literally 5 years away from full blown communism and I wouldn’t blame Trump at all if he dropped nukes on this country to keep the walking dead at bay before that happens.

Of course not.

What "ridiculous crap?"

Attacking our law enforcement agencies, attacking individuals, attacking things in general, personal insults, and this week he may have cut it wide wide his actions during McCain's death and criticizing the indictment of Republican Congressmen.
That is what Democrats do on a day when they pretend to be “moderate”.

Politicizing the funeral did far more damage to you guys than you know.

Like I said repeatedly in this thread, the national poll is useless to tell us what the balance of power will be in Congress after the election, which is what really matters.

What a bloodbath.
Registered voters say they favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate in their district by 52 percent to 38 percent. That is a marked increase from the four-point edge in an April Post-ABC poll but similar to the 12-point advantage Democrats enjoyed in January.

Poll: Democrats regain clear advantage in midterms shaping up as referendum on President Trump

Good, productive people don’t respond to polls.
Spending time with pollsters is a thing for lowlifes, bottom feeders, weirdos and barely legals.
Guess what that means?

You are an ignorant idiot, thats what that means.

Polling remains the ONLY way to seriously guage public opinion.
Only if it is done correctly. This one wasn’t.

And you say this because...?
Because their basis was flawed by having the majority of those polled as Democrats

They're the same ones that predicted that Hillary would blow out Trump. What else you got?
Of course not.

Polls don't support your opinion.
Polls can be manipulated.

I think most of America sees what's going on. You can't win a majority by treating Trump like shit. You have to have good qualities to sell to people.

All everyone sees is a bunch of Democrats acting horribly. I think that when you are acting in our best interests good people recognize it.

Democrats obviously don't respect their voters, and that comes out in the way they on, one hand, patronize them, but on the other hand, talk about their opponents in such a nasty, horrible manner. They don't realize that they are showing their true character when they talk about anyone they oppose, and good people find it repellent.

Of course not.

And what crap is that?
Pissing off liberals.
Well he does do that.

What a bloodbath.

Criminy! Another huge victory for the Left-- -- -- -- on paper, where it doesn't mean crap.

The Left, they sit in darkened rooms late at light reworking the math: Let's see--- add 5, carry 2, plus 6%, until they can get themselves to come out looking sweet in their predictive models (just like their climate models), until reality comes along at election time and they get butt-whacked in the face yet again.

tumblr_m4zbxqb7n91qg39ewo1_500.gif

Sorry guys, fewer and fewer people are taken with your garbage propaganda anymore!

What a bloodbath.

Criminy! Another huge victory for the Left-- -- -- -- on paper, where it doesn't mean crap.

The Left, they sit in darkened rooms late at light reworking the math: Let's see--- add 5, carry 2, plus 6%, until they can get themselves to come out looking sweet in their predictive models (just like their climate models), until reality comes along at election time and they get butt-whacked in the face yet again.

View attachment 214741

Sorry guys, fewer and fewer people are taken with your garbage propaganda anymore!
This thread is not about a predictive model. It's about a poll. Stay focused.

Of course not.

That may be the case, but a broad national poll is not an accurate barometer for local races.

I think it’s very likely the Dems will win the house, and I think the Pubs will hold onto the Senate.

There will be a net gain for Democrats, of course, like almost every other midterm in history for the party that lost the Presidency. It happened to Obama.
I don't think so.
I think the House will shift a little. Democrats will go further to the dark side, but fail to flip it. The Senate will shift more Republican. The only hope Democrats have is bringing frivolous charges against Republicans in court.

Of course not.

I think most of America sees what's going on. You can't win a majority by treating Trump like shit. You have to have good qualities to sell to people.

All everyone sees is a bunch of Democrats acting horribly. I think that when you are acting in our best interests good people recognize it.

Democrats obviously don't respect their voters, and that comes out in the way they on, one hand, patronize them, but on the other hand, talk about their opponents in such a nasty, horrible manner. They don't realize that they are showing their true character when they talk about anyone they oppose, and good people find it repellent.

You just described Trump, not Democrats. Polls aren't being manipulated. Trump is universally disliked. Republican policies are not supported by a majority of Americans. These are realities you won't see because you live in the bubble.

Of course not.

What "ridiculous crap?"
Building a wall, cutting taxes, putting the unemployed back to work, conducting trade wars with countries that have been screwing America for decades.

What a bloodbath.

View attachment 214741

This thread is not about a predictive model. It's about a poll. Stay focused.

Yeah, SURE, Ted. And you can bet that none of these polls are worded, questioned or taken in a way to slant them to the desired outcome! Hey! I have some great land I'd love to sell you down in the Everglades as well!

Case you hadn't noticed, 2016 proved that polls don't count for jack.

Of course not.

You just described Trump, not Democrats. Polls aren't being manipulated. Trump is universally disliked. Republican policies are not supported by a majority of Americans. These are realities you won't see because you live in the bubble.
I have news for you, Democrats have been running with Republican policies in their ads, but then turn around and go back on their promises once the get in. People are getting wise to it. Why else would Democrats be flooding key states with refugees and illegals.

Of course not.

Trump is universally disliked.

I like him. I guess I'm not in this universe?

Republican policies are not supported by a majority of Americans.

191486_n.jpg

Talk about living in a bubble.

What a bloodbath.

View attachment 214741

The polls are manipulated by the type of questions asked. Questions that get a desired result.
ABC and the WaPO are shills for the Democrats, so no poll they produce will be honest.

Forum List

Back