Holy Spankings! Democrats open 14% lead in ABC/WaPo midterms poll

Careful with these "polls", Dems...

Leaning too heavily on those ended-up biting you in the ass on November 8, 2016...

Learn from the past, eh?

Yawn...Sep 4, 2018 by a Liberal rag.
They're the same ones that predicted that Hillary would blow out Trump. What else you got?
False. Their final poll had Hillary by 3% in the popular vote. She won it by 2%.
Don't lie because your feelings are hurt.

Their final poll had Hillary by 3% in the popular vote.

Every one of their polls gave Hillary the EC.
Trump had no path to 270.
What happened?
That's idiotic. Polls don't predict electoral vote.
WaPo polls in 2016 referred to popular vote.
The popular vote does not matter in our electoral system. If CA is able to manufacture an extra 2.9 million votes by relaxing federal election laws the electoral college goes around that. One state filled with illegal voters cannot overrule every other state.

It does in midterms.

They're the same ones that predicted that Hillary would blow out Trump. What else you got?
False. Their final poll had Hillary by 3% in the popular vote. She won it by 2%.

What happened?
The midterms won't be decided by the electoral college...

Nor a dumb ass in New York telling a pollsters he don't like Tim Scott in South Carolina.

Yay Clinton won the election, I must have had a nightmare that Trump won. I better up the Meds again.

Of course not.
But do you think the Dems can bus enough people into Republican held states to flip them? They can do it one state at a time but not all at once.

Around 66 seats are less Republican that Ohio-12 that Republicans won by less than 1 percentage point. The suburbs are revolting against Trump. Even in Republican Alabama, Democrats did better than Clinton did.

What happened?

Dummy, a national poll BY DEFINITION can't directly show electoral college outcome.

I realize you're a moron and all, but the state level polls showed Hillary was going to win the Electoral College.
You remember, Hillary was even going to win Texas at one point.
Did ABC/Washington Post conduct state level polls close to Election Day?

None of the major pollsters do statewide polls. Statewide polls are often done by local entities such as tv stations or newspapers. Others are done by colleges such as Quinnipiac and Monmouth.

Polls are just tests of peoples leanings at that moment in time. depending on who is doing the poll they will usually lean the way the pollsters set it up, I use one poll that is a collection of polls, and unless there is more than a ten point swing I give it little to no value.

What a bloodbath.
Registered voters say they favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate in their district by 52 percent to 38 percent. That is a marked increase from the four-point edge in an April Post-ABC poll but similar to the 12-point advantage Democrats enjoyed in January.

Poll: Democrats regain clear advantage in midterms shaping up as referendum on President Trump
Do you enjoy setting yourself up for failure? You may gain a few congressional seats. Probably going to lose one or to in the senate. But you’re going into the election looking for a 14% ass kicking. You better have a lot of alcohol on hand this November.

What a bloodbath.
Registered voters say they favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate in their district by 52 percent to 38 percent. That is a marked increase from the four-point edge in an April Post-ABC poll but similar to the 12-point advantage Democrats enjoyed in January.

Poll: Democrats regain clear advantage in midterms shaping up as referendum on President Trump
Clinton leads Trump by 10 points in White House matchup: poll

What a bloodbath.

Clinton leads Trump by 10 points in White House matchup: poll

You guys are going to feel really stupid the day after Election Day when all of these Hillary poll posts come back to bite you. It’s really amazing to me how willfully blind you people are

Of course not.
But do you think the Dems can bus enough people into Republican held states to flip them? They can do it one state at a time but not all at once.

Around 66 seats are less Republican that Ohio-12 that Republicans won by less than 1 percentage point. The suburbs are revolting against Trump. Even in Republican Alabama, Democrats did better than Clinton did.
Maybe you're right....but I doubt it.
People are getting tired of the ridiculous crap the Democrats are pulling.
Democrats can't change people's minds....so they instead manufacture votes.

What a bloodbath.

Good, productive people don’t respond to polls.
Spending time with pollsters is a thing for lowlifes, bottom feeders, weirdos and barely legals.
Guess what that means?

You are an ignorant idiot, thats what that means.

Polling remains the ONLY way to seriously guage public opinion.
Only if it is done correctly. This one wasn’t.

And you say this because...?

Of course not.

Polls don't support your opinion.

These broad polls are nonsense.

Take each race and poll the registered voters in those districts and then add up the results and how the balance of power will be affected come January 2019.

That is what matters.

Take each race and poll the registered voters in those districts and then add up the results and how the balance of power will be affected come January 2019.

That is what matters.

This poll is right in line with all the other polls taken over the weekend. The GOP is fucked in November and conservatives are like the band on the Titanic who kept playing while the ship went down.

That is what matters.

This poll is right in line with all the other polls taken over the weekend. The GOP is fucked in November and conservatives are like the band on the Titanic who kept playing while the ship went down.

These are not national races.

That is a national poll.

It may be spot on, but it doesn’t tell the story.

A Democrat would win by 40 points in California and a Republican can win by 2 points in Florida.

That means Dems are up by 38 points?

I’d love to see some incumbents run out of Congress, Republicans and Democrats.

Unfortunately for me, it’s generally Republicans who want smaller government like I do, but it sucks, because most Republicans are just as awful as most Democrats.

Our Congress suck a fat one.

Of course not.

People are tired of the ridiculous crap Trump is pulling.
Suburban women will likely bury Trump and Republicans in the midterms..

That is what matters.

They have been very accurate. Republicans had a 10 point lead in 2010 when they took over Congress.

That is what matters.

These are not national races.

That is a national poll.

It may be spot on, but it doesn’t tell the story.

A Democrat would win by 40 points in California and a Republican can win by 2 points in Florida.

That means Dems are up by 38 points?

I’d love to see some incumbents run out of Congress, Republicans and Democrats.

Unfortunately for me, it’s generally Republicans who want smaller government like I do, but it sucks, because most Republicans are just as awful as most Democrats.

Our Congress suck a fat one.

They don't have to represent national races. They show an overall trend across the board. Yes, very red districts are going to stay red, but swing districts or moderately red district, probably not so much. It amazes me how conservatives have so quickly forgotten about the 2006 midterms and 2008 election when they got their asses handed to them. The signals are exactly the same.

Of course not.

People are tired of the ridiculous crap Trump is pulling.
Suburban women will likely bury Trump and Republicans in the midterms..

That may be the case, but a broad national poll is not an accurate barometer for local races.

I think it’s very likely the Dems will win the house, and I think the Pubs will hold onto the Senate.

There will be a net gain for Democrats, of course, like almost every other midterm in history for the party that lost the Presidency. It happened to Obama.

Forum List

Back