Home schooling is booming!

Lol, all 5 are good conservative, Christian children. Actually they would stay away from people like yourself. They don't care for groomers.

Churches tend to attract groomers as people feel they are safe

They use an online curriculum with teachers at the other end, just like an online college course is done. The parents don't actually do the teaching unless they're qualified. This is not rocket science.
Do you have an example? This is not an ambush. The Boy took a bunch of online AP courses from universities that gave him a two year advantage. I am wondering if they are the same or the differences.

I'd proffer in the future all students will be taught in very small classes in a similar method.

A regular HS diploma is a nothing anymore. It doesn't guarantee that a graduating student can be competent in math or reading.

A HS diploma with an honors program of some sort does. (Like algebra 2 or three or calculus)

That being said....

Not all homeschooled children are the same. Some are dumb as a box of rocks....some are brilliant. All tend to have issues with socialization skills. But its improving as group homeschooling takes root. (One parent homeschools many children from various families for a fee)

All depends upon parenting skills and attention to education.

Lol, all 5 are good conservative, Christian children. Actually they would stay away from people like yourself. They don't care for groomers.

Good idea…

You want to keep them away from any books that might teach liberal thought, interactions with children of other faiths, minorities……God forbid they are prevented from picking on gays

Where did I say there shouldn't be? As far as I'm concerned, homeschooling parents should have their kids take the SOL's on the same schedule as government schooled kids, which gives them a paper trail for when nosy school officials start hassling them.

See, you shouldn't ascribe motivations and ideas to people who haven't articulated them. It's a really immature and juvenile debate tactic, and stops being effective about the time people get past 10 years of age.
That’s what this statement means.
The accountability for parents comes in when their kids can't perform in society
Thats not actually accountability.

Maybe you should try being more articulate.

What accountability is the public school system receiving graduating kids that cannot read?
If a parent‘s home school curriculum consists of half an hour of reading the Bible and six hours of milking cows, that’s not okay and there should be accountability.

if a school teacher‘s curriculum is five minutes of reading a book and 45 minutes of watching reruns of Seinfeld, they will be fired.

I’ve come to feel strongly that society is far better when we are closer knit, support each other, hold each other accountable. The current social and cultural isolationism is causing very serious harm to the fabric of a nation. Schools are a major component of community and divesting from them is not the answer.

If a parent‘s home school curriculum consists of half an hour of reading the Bible and six hours of milking cows, that’s not okay and there should be accountability.

if a school teacher‘s curriculum is five minutes of reading a book and 45 minutes of watching reruns of Seinfeld, they will be fired.
If the home schooled can’t read after graduation and high schoolers graduate and can’t read, seems there it no accountability on either side. If I lived in a major city, I’d find a charter school or home school, if it were a rural setting, I’d send my kid to public school.

If the home schooled can’t read after graduation and high schoolers graduate and can’t read, seems there it no accountability on either side. If I lived in a major city, I’d find a charter school or home school, if it were a rural setting, I’d send my kid to public school.
I swear, none of you are capable of reading because every one of your responses fails to address any point I’ve made.

Good idea…

You want to keep them away from any books that might teach liberal thought, interactions with children of other faiths, minorities……God forbid they are prevented from picking on gays
Lol, they had interactions with other kids. They are active in the church. They are very happy individuals, because they didn't get their liberal indoctrination. You loons are a bunch of miserable people.

Unfortunately many of the bad school districts where this might be most efficacious are where the parents are poor and can't afford charter or homeschooling.

Lol, they had interactions with other kids. They are active in the church. They are very happy individuals, because they didn't get their liberal indoctrination. You loons are a bunch of miserable people.
Indoctrination is good when we do it!

Unfortunately many of the bad school districts where this might be most efficacious are where the parents are poor and can't afford charter or homeschooling.
And those bad school districts are bad because the community they served is so highly dysfunctional that they have very little chance at success regardless of their efforts.

How we view education is profoundly dysfunctional in this country.

I’ve come to feel strongly that society is far better when we are closer knit, support each other, hold each other accountable. The current social and cultural isolationism is causing very serious harm to the fabric of a nation. Schools are a major component of community and divesting from them is not the answer.
I tend to agree....
However these homeschool advocates also have valid points in the extraneous subjects that are getting taught simultaneously. Such as antisemitism, sexual deviance, and other subjects that deal with controversial morality instead of information and problem solving skills.

The schools are teaching a warped system of wisdom principles that aren't truly wisdom. (Wisdom is the correct application of knowledge)

LGBTQ+ History month is not an acceptable teaching subject. However pre-pubuscent children are being subjected to drag shoes involving nudity and highly explicit details of deviant lifestyles. Not to mention the school violence, guns, recreational drugs, social media bullying, and wackanoodle teacher agendas.

So much deviant sex is being promoted in school these days to pre and early pubescent children they are opting for androgynous pronouns to avoid being stigmatized by the masses of thugs in schools or to avoid actually having sex with another person. (Who can blame them?)

Then there's the public schools trying to socially normalize students who have severe mental illnesses. And I understand the desire...but it's not really a task that should be undertaken by public schools.

So...

Forum List

Back