Home schooling is booming!

Because my youngest was in a public school 3 years ago...when did your kids attend public schools....oh yeah, never so you are talking about things you have ZERO actual experience with

I dealt with products of public schools for years as an employer
I also dealt with kids who were home schooled in the same capacity.

Do you want to know who were the better employees by far?

i don’t think you understand what I mean by accountability.

What happens if you don’t use online school?
The same thing that happens to a government school graduate. It doesn't really matter, does it, if they can't read, write or do arithmetic? I'll just say this, government schools are not accountable for the success of their students, why do we demand that parents do better? The truth is, parents who do homeschooling are generally more invested in their kids' success, which generally makes them successful.

They use an online curriculum with teachers at the other end, just like an online college course is done. The parents don't actually do the teaching unless they're qualified. This is not rocket science.
The left is so afraid of change, can’t handle free choice or less government interference. The left doesn‘t want free thinkers, they want everyone to be taught to same and no opinions are allowed.

The left is so afraid of change, can’t handle free choice or less government interference. The left doesn‘t want free thinkers, they want everyone to be taught to same and no opinions are allowed.
The funny thing is that government run schools for everyone are a recent phenomenon.

yup

Are you assuming I am religious?

I must be because all people who support homeschooling are religious , right?
Apparently you are not religious and you don't have children, yet to pretend to be an expert on both the church and the school system.

Apparently you are not religious and you don't have children, yet to pretend to be an expert on both the church and the school system.
Where did I pretend to be an expert?

Please quote the post.

The same thing that happens to a government school graduate. It doesn't really matter, does it, if they can't read, write or do arithmetic? I'll just say this, government schools are not accountable for the success of their students, why do we demand that parents do better? The truth is, parents who do homeschooling are generally more invested in their kids' success, which generally makes them successful.
A teacher who isn’t teaching the class is fired.

What happens to a parent who isn’t teaching their homeschooled kid? Nothing.

There’s no accountability. That seems okay with you.

Let's be clear. What you want is state control over how other people educate their kids. No thanks.

so teachers get fired if the school they teach at graduates kids who can't read?

It is not easy to fire a teacher who isn't doing a good job. Students routinely "graduate" from government schools without basic skills. The accountability for parents comes in when their kids can't perform in society, and as we've seen, homeschooled kids often outperform their government school counterparts.

Tell you what, show me where greater percentages of homeschooled kids are failing than government schooled kids and we can talk.

It is not easy to fire a teacher who isn't doing a good job. Students routinely "graduate" from government schools without basic skills. The accountability for parents comes in when their kids can't perform in society, and as we've seen, homeschooled kids often outperform their government school counterparts.

Tell you what, show me where greater percentages of homeschooled kids are failing than government schooled kids and we can talk.
So no accountability for parents.

We aren’t talking about averages and percentages. We are talking about whether there is any accountability for parents who fail to actually do anything. You say there shouldnt be. I think it’s pretty obvious that there should.

So no accountability for parents.

We aren’t talking about averages and percentages. We are talking about whether there is any accountability for parents who fail to actually do anything. You say there shouldnt be. I think it’s pretty obvious that there should.
Where did I say there shouldn't be? As far as I'm concerned, homeschooling parents should have their kids take the SOL's on the same schedule as government schooled kids, which gives them a paper trail for when nosy school officials start hassling them.

See, you shouldn't ascribe motivations and ideas to people who haven't articulated them. It's a really immature and juvenile debate tactic, and stops being effective about the time people get past 10 years of age.

Read Below..........
That is an opinion not a statement of expertise in home schooling or public schooling.

And the second quote is nothing but a question to another poster.

Did you not learn how to discern these things in public school?

The problem with campaigning to force your educational standards on others is that eventually they'll force theirs on you. Liberals always assuming the government will be on their "side", and that's by no means a given.

The problem with campaigning to force your educational standards on others is that eventually they'll force theirs on you. Liberals always assuming the government will be on their "side", and that's by no means a given.
It's the line drawn between individual rights and collectivism

Forum List

Back