Home schooling: the best and worst examples I've seen personally.

Bullshit.

I lived in Washington state for seven years when I worked at the Hanford site.

In the Tri Cities they had a few good schools where the DOE had put tons of money into to entice scientists and engineers to come to that desert but they also has some shitty schools like in Pasco.

Outside of the Tri Cities most of the schools on the desert side of the state were shitty.

My younger son went to what was probably the best High School in the Tri Cities and there was a two tier system of education. One where you get through learning academics and one where you could graduate not know anything, depending on which classes you take.

That two tier system is common throughout the US. One academic so that the smart kids can learn and one that is noting more than a diploma mill.
BULLSHIT,
Name your sources.

BTW, Eastern WA is heavy (R). You should have KNOW that.
That's why Lauren Culp actually thought he had a chance.
Fucking Small Town Racist Hick Sheriff was way out of his League.

Then he tried to SUE, when he lost by 40+%.

BULLSHIT,
Name your sources.

BTW, Eastern WA is heavy (R). You should have KNOW that.
That's why Lauren Culp actually thought he had a chance.
Fucking Small Town Racist Hick Sheriff was way out of his League.

Then he tried to SUE, when he lost by 40+%.
The Illegals are flooding into Washington State and that is fucking up the schools big time.

Just like California had the best school system in the nation back when Conservatives were in charge but now they ranked at the bottom because of the Illegals electing Democrats that fuck everything up.

The same thing is happening to Washington State and many other states.

The US use to be Number One in education in the world but thanks to the Liberals and their obsession with desegregation and making sure all the Negroes graduate and the damn Illegals get in school we are far down the list.

Shitty and unsafe diversity public schools through out the nation are the reason that private schools are doing so well and parents are homeschooling their kids.

My wife is a retired school teacher. Taught for 30 years. She said there is no way she would teach in the public schools nowadays. Her retired teacher friends say the same thing.

The way to help this crisis in education is to have a voucher system so the parents can chose where to educate their childre and the free market would sort everything out. However, the despicable stupid Liberals hate the idea. They would rather kiss the ass of the filthy Teacher's Union than provide quality education.

Many school districts have regulations that homeschoolers must follow, including educational requirements for parents and SOL testing. When we did it, at least one of us parents had to have a college degree. Thankfully, both of us did, so no problem there. The fact that some don't have such regulations is countered by the fact that some government school districts are dropping math and science requirements for graduation, leaving them open to complaints. Your complaints about homeschooling are there in government schools as well.

IOW, we can just as equally as easily complain about government schools as you complain about homeschooling. Heck, the lack of bullying, sexual assaults and drug deals alone are pretty good reasons to do it.

The bottom line still remains, homeschooling is an excellent option for parents who want their kids to have the best educational opportunities possible.
Some states do have some minimal requirements. Most don't. Hard to say Home schooling has no standards because some schools aren't up to standards.

There's GED right? And like I've said all through this thread Home schooling is a mixed bag. Even with my small sample size you can have fantastic results or disastrous results or anything in between. The point is, it is wrong to just dismiss Home Schooling and mock Home Schoolers as many people often do.
Sure, for a few, home schooling is a wonderful alternative. For those, manditory evaluation couldn't possibly be a problem. For the others, no evaluation sentences the children to a life of poverty and missed opportunity.

Then he was likely several years younger than the other freshmen, being that homeschooled kids are often years ahead (both scholastically and maturely) of their government schooled counterparts. His parents could have prepared him for freshman year in the dorm, but maybe they didn't understand what he was going up against.
LOL You just cannot accept that not every home schooled child is gifted, precocious, ahead of the curve. If he was "likely several years younger" he wouldn't have had scruff on his face and been almost my height.

Bad things happen in schools.
It's better for the child.
It promotes family, however you define family.
Teach them what they need to know instead of stuff they will never use including the teachers agenda.
Ok I see that. What about socialization skills and learning how to function in partner/team situations?

The Illegals are flooding into Washington State and that is fucking up the schools big time.

Just like California had the best school system in the nation back when Conservatives were in charge but now they ranked at the bottom because of the Illegals electing Democrats that fuck everything up.

The same thing is happening to Washington State and many other states.

The US use to be Number One in education in the world but thanks to the Liberals and their obsession with desegregation and making sure all the Negroes graduate and the damn Illegals get in school we are far down the list.

Shitty and unsafe diversity public schools through out the nation are the reason that private schools are doing so well and parents are homeschooling their kids.

My wife is a retired school teacher. Taught for 30 years. She said there is no way she would teach in the public schools nowadays. Her retired teacher friends say the same thing.

The way to help this crisis in education is to have a voucher system so the parents can chose where to educate their childre and the free market would sort everything out. However, the despicable stupid Liberals hate the idea. They would rather kiss the ass of the filthy Teacher's Union than provide quality education.
The cities in Washington State are circling the drain due to extreme Leftist/Democrat "leadership".

Sure, for a few, home schooling is a wonderful alternative. For those, manditory evaluation couldn't possibly be a problem. For the others, no evaluation sentences the children to a life of poverty and missed opportunity.
That's a good point. A home school eval for my "worst" example might have made a big difference for those kids. I am genuinely concerned for them especially the two youngest. They have very serious problems.

The cities in Washington State are circling the drain due to extreme Leftist/Democrat "leadership".
When I lived in Eastern Washington State 25 years ago Seattle and Portland hadn't quite reverted to Communism yet.

They were beginning to go bat shit crazy but not there yet.

It is a shame. Like California Washington and Oregon are beautiful states but are being destroyed by Leftest filth.

That's a good point. A home school eval for my "worst" example might have made a big difference for those kids. I am genuinely concerned for them especially the two youngest. They have very serious problems.
As do all home schooled children whose parents aren't qualified, or otherwise just don't spend the required time for home schooling.
My ex remarried and called herself home schooling the other three daughters she had with hubby#2. When my daughter, the emergency room doctor, who I raised with public school, turned18, we went to court and she gained custody of her youngest half sister. That girl went to college on a full scollarship. She's now a graphic artist making a fortune producing advertising for major department stores. The other two have had lives of convience stores, chicken places, and boyfriends/husbands that beat them and then left them to raise their children on their own. Education is more than 2+2=4. It's a rout for them to discover their own worth, and the value of working to a goal.

Last edited:
As do all home schooled children whose parents aren't qualified, or otherwise just don't spend the required time for home schooling.
My ex remarried and called herself home schooling the other three daughters she had with hubby#2. When my daughter, the emergency room doctor, who I raised with public school, turned18, we went to court and she gained custody of her youngest half sister. That girl went to college on a full scollarship. She's now a graphic artist making a fortune producing advertising for major department stores. The other two have had lives of convience stores, chicken places, and boyfriends/husbands that beat them and then left them to raise their children on their own. Education is more than 2+2=4. It's a rout for them to discove their own worth, and the value of working to a goal.
Incompetent home schooling parents are no worse than incompetent diversity hired public school teachers that are told pass minority students regardless of what they learned.

My ex remarried and called herself home schooling the other three daughters she had with hubby#2. When my daughter, the emergency room doctor, who I raised with public school, turned18, we went to court and she gained custody of her youngest half sister. That girl went to college on a full scollarship. She's now a graphic artist making a fortune producing advertising for major department stores. The other two have had lives of convience stores, chicken places, and boyfriends/husbands that beat them and then left them to raise their children on their own. Education is more than 2+2=4. It's a rout for them to discove their own worth, and the value of working to a goal.
The only saving grace for the two young girls in my worst case is the family is wealthy. But as we all know that is not a "fix all" solution. I think a "wellness check" for all Home schooled kids would be a fine policy.

Incompetent home schooling parents are no worse than incompetent diversity hired public school teachers that are told pass minority students regardless of what they learned.
I won't defend bad public school teachers, there are some. At least you know they have adequate knowledge to teach their subjects, and they will spend the time needed to teach. That's a hell of a lot more than you can expect from home school parents.

Forum List

Back