Homosexual Waiter Says He Was Refused Tip Because Of His Sexual Orientation

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude...shall exist within the United States..." 13th Amendment to US Constitution.

Not one person has to tip anyone for anything.

Tipping has nothing to do with the 13th Amendment. And you do have to tip sometimes. I could take you to several restaurants in the resort town where I live that have signs as you walk in and clear messages written in their menues that a 12 1/2 % service charge is added as a gratuity on your bill and the suggestion that an additional gratuity can be added if the patron so wishs. But you are going to pay that 12 1/2%. If you don't you will be arrested for theft of service. These restaurants have been in business for many years, they are very popular and often have long lines waiting to get in. The owners don't care if you never come back. They prefer it. They will have the magistrate tell you in court you are not allowed to go back, ever. You will agree in court to pay the service charge or spend time in jail. You will pay a fine too.
The exception is that if you have a complaint about the service or meal, and you discuss it with the management, your service charge will be waived and you might get the meal for free. But you have to do that when you pay for your meal, or better yet, during your meal.

It's not tipping, it's not a gratuity, it is surcharge.

If the guy served on time, kept them happy with their refills, did a good job...their "good conscience" pretty much sucks...gay or not. His sexual orientation didn't seem to bother them while he waited on them.

Not everyone has gaydar. Some people are so invested in equality and diversity they automatically reject stereotypes.

I'm pretty certain RetiredGySgt is not one of those people.

Everyone knows you aren't.

I worked with a guy that everyone knew was gay because it was obvious. I loved it when all the idiots like you saw him with his wife and kids, they never did figure out how stupid they were for believing you can tell by looking.

Remember 'Lyle the effeminate heterosexual' on SNL?

If the guy served on time, kept them happy with their refills, did a good job...their "good conscience" pretty much sucks...gay or not. His sexual orientation didn't seem to bother them while he waited on them.

How do you know that? I don't "hate" homosexuals but frankly I find homosexuality disgusting...especially male homosexuality. There is no way I feel comfortable having someone who makes frequent or even occasional contact with feces handle my food or drink or what they are served and eaten with. Ya...I'm sure there is nothing real to fear from butt fuckers or fuckee's or dick suckers or suckee's but when I'm paying money for the food and the service I like to be comfortable.

Many serious diseases are transfered via feces. Many serious diseases are transfered via blood exposure. You can say my concerns are irrational but again... I don't pay for someone else's comfort when dining out.

The complaint stated in this thread was of a religious nature... I do find THAT irrational. But again the religious bigot still has a right to food service that makes him comfortable and feel like eating.

Gays have or should have every public and personally private right as any straight person. What they do not have, at least when dealing with me, is the right to impose thier gayness on me in all circustance. You can say well HUGGY you do not have to eat in that restaurant...and if you do you will have no say by whom you food is prepared or served. I agree. I wouldn't try to embarrass the homo. I would just get up and leave. I don't need to justify my comfort zone any more than the homo does.

Story sounds like nonsense. No way to tell someone is gay just because they act a certain way. The only way to know is if they make it obvious.

The job of my waiter is to serve food. I don't give a flying crap about their sex life. If I know about it, they aren't doing their job.

Im sorry but this just sounds too convenient to get more money through sympathy.

How in the hell does it come up in conversation between a waiter and a customer, whether either one of them is gay?

Did he tell them he was gay? Were they guessing?

This sounds to stupid to be taken seriously.

How do you know that? I don't "hate" homosexuals but frankly I find homosexuality disgusting...especially male homosexuality. There is no way I feel comfortable having someone who makes frequent or even occasional contact with feces handle my food or drink or what they are served and eaten with. Ya...I'm sure there is nothing real to fear from butt fuckers or fuckee's or dick suckers or suckee's but when I'm paying money for the food and the service I like to be comfortable.

Many serious diseases are transfered via feces. Many serious diseases are transfered via blood exposure. You can say my concerns are irrational but again... I don't pay for someone else's comfort when dining out.

The complaint stated in this thread was of a religious nature... I do find THAT irrational. But again the religious bigot still has a right to food service that makes him comfortable and feel like eating.

Gays have or should have every public and personally private right as any straight person. What they do not have, at least when dealing with me, is the right to impose thier gayness on me in all circustance. You can say well HUGGY you do not have to eat in that restaurant...and if you do you will have no say by whom you food is prepared or served. I agree. I wouldn't try to embarrass the homo. I would just get up and leave. I don't need to justify my comfort zone any more than the homo does.

Thank you for that truthful post. I had no idea. My perceptions of you as a man just did a complete 180 ... But shit happens.

No pun intended.

Now to the older among us.

Were you under the impression that Charles Nelson Reilly and Paul Lynde were straight?

Thank you for that truthful post. I had no idea. My perceptions of you as a man just did a complete 180 ... But shit happens.

No pun intended.

Were you under the impression that Charles Nelson Reilly and Paul Lynde were straight?

They never said, I never asked. Again there is no way the detailed writing makes any sense unless he told them he was gay or he made it up.

No pun intended.

They never said, I never asked. Again there is no way the detailed writing makes any sense unless he told them he was gay or he made it up.

Do you know those two names. Did you watch them on game shows back in the day.

You could try honesty. I ask a direct, simple question, you offer a direct, simple answer.

Were you under the impression that Charles Nelson Reilly and Paul Lynde were straight.

Food servers get screwed out of tips all the time from all kinds of people. They don't usually write crap on the check. Often they make a nonsense complaint to management or the cashier. Almost always it's just an excuse to not pay the tip. They are just mean and cheap people. They come in all colors and shapes.

How did they know he was gay?
Well usually if someone is smiling they're gay.

No pun intended.

You could try honesty. I ask a direct, simple question, you offer a direct, simple answer.

Were you under the impression that Charles Nelson Reilly and Paul Lynde were straight.

I did not know there were homosexuals growing up. Not something that ever came up. As for mannerisms one should never judge another solely on how they act. As I said I never asked and they never told. As I understand it Rock Hudson was a homosexual..... could you tell he was? Unless someone announces it or tells me I prefer not to assume anything about their personal private life. For one thing it is none of my business.

Food servers get screwed out of tips all the time from all kinds of people. They don't usually write crap on the check. Often they make a nonsense complaint to management or the cashier. Almost always it's just an excuse to not pay the tip. They are just mean and cheap people. They come in all colors and shapes.

How did they know he was gay?
Well usually if someone is smiling they're gay.

Might he have been wearing gay apparel?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQNUeOOqMyU]Bing Crosby - Deck The Halls - YouTube[/ame]

I did not know there were homosexuals growing up. Not something that ever came up. As for mannerisms one should never judge another solely on how they act. As I said I never asked and they never told. As I understand it Rock Hudson was a homosexual..... could you tell he was? Unless someone announces it or tells me I prefer not to assume anything about their personal private life. For one thing it is none of my business.

Okay. I'm sorry you'd rather die than admit to something that might cause to reconsider the point you are arguing.

Carry on.

Okay. I'm sorry you'd rather die than admit to something that might cause to reconsider the point you are arguing.

Carry on.

Calling me a liar is so fun isn't it? I never assumed they were gay it simply never occurred to me to make that assumption. Just as it does not occur to me to assume anyone else is bi or gay or straight. If they want me to know their personal sexual persuasion then they will have to tell me or announce it to the media.

The detail in the note is to much, that is not something people would say if they were making an assumption.

Carry on.

Calling me a liar is so fun isn't it? I never assumed they were gay it simply never occurred to me to make that assumption. Just as it does not occur to me to assume anyone else is bi or gay or straight. If they want me to know their personal sexual persuasion then they will have to tell me or announce it to the media.

The detail in the note is to much, that is not something people would say if they were making an assumption.

Oh! My bad. I do apologize. I had no idea that you never prejudge anyone, ever, on anything. You make no assumptions about anybody based on their race, color, creed, gender, - even if you might, you just clamp down on that sucker, because then you might be forced to be honest about your thoughts, opinions, or stances.

I gotcha now.

Here we go again. I personally think this guy is making it up. He is trying to copycat that negro waitress from Red Lobster who claimed the customer left the word 'Nigg*r' on her tip receipt. What is it with these deranged minorities?

Anti-gay customers refuse tip to server, other patrons rally - KCTV5

Quote:
A 20-year-old waiter provided exemplary service at an Overland Park Italian restaurant, but his anti-gay customers refused to tip him because of his sexual orientation.

As word has spread through social media, other customers are coming in to offer words of encouragement and tip the young server extra.

Quote:
His mother also works as a hostess and she was very upset by what was written on the back of the check earlier this week after he waited on a couple.

Based on what this couple wrote, who do you believe is most likely to make into heaven, the gay waiter or the Christian couple who bashed him mercilessly?

Carry on.

Oh! My bad. I do apologize. I had no idea that you never prejudge anyone, ever, on anything. You make no assumptions about anybody based on their race, color, creed, gender, - even if you might, you just clamp down on that sucker, because then you might be forced to be honest about your thoughts, opinions, or stances.

I gotcha now.

I assume some things, everyone does. But I try not to prejudge people on things I do not know to be true. It has to do with my paranoia. If I think you are out to get me I need undeniable proof or I just ignore the nagging little voice in my head. It doesn't mean I don't on some level believe it to be true, it means I will not EVER assume it is true and I will never act on said assumptions. That carries through on most of my interactions.

Forum List

Back